All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2010, 07:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
As remake, i thought it was pretty good, it also had the added bonus of Tom Atkins too
It was definitely good for a remake, I usually shy away from remakes, but I wasn't going to turn down a freebie, and I'm glad I didn't!
Old 26th September 2010, 07:17 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Rented Kick-Ass from Cockbuster last night - hadn't seen it before.

T'was okay: I was expecting some more fight scenes from what I'd heard about it.

Nic Cage was pretty good it in (in fact all the main players were), and there were a couple of laugh out loud funny bits. Mrs eye enjoyed it too, commenting that 'it was better than the usual crap I watch'. I honestly don't know what she means...
Old 26th September 2010, 09:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The expendables
the legend is born - ip man 3
dai kaiju gamera
Old 26th September 2010, 11:34 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Watched Venus In Furs, Shameless of course. It's definitely a bit of a weird one, but it had some interesting stylistic flares and and strange seedy atmosphere.

Totally earns the title of shameless.
Old 27th September 2010, 01:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Coming back on the plane from my hols they had playing for us to watch Kick ass i think the film is gr8 and does exactly what it says...but cos it was a family film certain clips where slightly tonned down.......what annoyed me was off all the channels to watch 1 was faulty with the sound kept being hazy coming ang going cutting off etc... and guess what it was the 1 with kick ass but i like the film so much i just sat and watched it all the way through with no sound....and on the way there i watched tim burtons alice in wonderland ive nvr seen but i quite enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosleaze View Post
Watched Rape! 13th Hour last night. It's really just an excuse for rape scene after rape scene isn't it? Not much plot, not much dialogue, just seems like set-pieces from one rape to the next. Plus the 'apprentice' looked so pathetic and sleazy. Half the time he looked like he wasn't even 'enjoying' what he was supposed to be doing. Was the main character trying to be David Hess with all the gurning he was doing? Meh.

I don't think the BBFC would like it much either, to be honest.
i almost watched this few wk back but it seem far to sleazy for me i dont mind sleaze to agree but again like owt else there"s limits but at the same time acting did look rather pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
had a bit of an odd days viewing yesterday....watched two completely different kind of films...

The Muppet Movie - brilliant
Maniac - a bit of a let down, but an interesting watch
Maniac a bit off a let down a understetment i was so bored i was more interested in looking at what he had lying around in his apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I know.
Cant really help it when I got -£500 in my bank tho as food and uni costs need to come first then movies

Not saying its right though.
yes i agree id rather have original any day but watching on line or a copy if thats the only way i can get round to watching it then needs must, but again if u had money u wouldnt go down that route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
Just watched My Bloody Valentine 3D in 2D, was pretty surprised. My mate gave it to me for free cause he thought it was shit but I enjoyed it. Not as good as the original though.
watched it a pics in 3d 3d was gr8. Thought film was pants wouldnt watch it again ....but saying that i dont think the original is owt to scream about yes its a decent film but not that gr8

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 27th September 2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 27th September 2010, 05:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bandits From Shantung - Early Golden Harvest swordplay with end to end action, some of which is deliciously gory. Choreographed by the great Sammo Hung before he hit the big time you can easily see why he became the action director of choice for many of the early Golden Harvest productions.

The Big Boss - Bruce Lee's Hong Kong debut is surprsingly gory in its violence. Axes, chains, knives, steel bars and saws all get used in a story that revolves around drug smuggling through an ice factory. Bruce does very little for the first half of the film, but he makes up for it in the second.

The Evil Dead - This has been long overdue a re-watch by me. The most atmospheric of the series, there are still some moments of pure black comedy to be had also amid the cartoon-like gore but overall there is a strong sense of dread that is missing from the sequels.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 27th September 2010, 07:52 AM
Active Cultist

'Paroxismus' (aka Venus in Furs). Great great film! Highly recommended. Stylish, surreal and very entertaining. Great soundtrack too.

Venus in Furs (1969)
Old 27th September 2010, 12:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched Cannibal Apocalypse last night and to be honest, while it's a great entertaining film, the fact that 2 secs of a rat being set on fire being removed doesn't harm the film at all, it does say its uncut, but it's nowhere near as violent and gory as it would lead you to believe....Awesome film though, glad i revisited it.
Old 27th September 2010, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

MACHETE ,I liked it alot .Not to spoil anything for anybody who may not of seen yet but I really liked the intestines scene.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hanna D: The Girl From Vondel Park - Sadly not the sleazefest it was promoted as, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!