Old 15th July 2022, 04:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
HEY!
Eyes Wide Shut is a legitimate masterpiece you take that back lol

I should be watching this one tonight.
Have you read the source "novel" then J? He takes far more liberties with it than the King book
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th July 2022, 05:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
HEY!
Eyes Wide Shut is a legitimate masterpiece you take that back lol
Damn right
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th July 2022, 07:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Nightmare at Noon (1988)

Island of Death director Nico Mastorakis clearly had a blast with this film. The script writing stage must have been a hoot for this sci-fi, horror, western, action movie. It really is everything you could wish for in a B-movie, Christ there's even a helicopter dogfight in Monument Valley.

Mastorakis got himself a fine 80's cast of the excellent Bo Hopkins, George Kennedy, Wings Hauser and Brion James for this tale about strange science types who poison a small desert town's water supply turning the residents into raving lunatics. Going into the stories finer details would spoil it for those who have never seen the film before. It's wonderful watching each plot development, even more jaw dropping than the last.

It's not entirely perfect, there seems to be some poor editing early doors, characters unexplained movements and so forth, however whilst being a niggle at the time they are soon forgotten about in this seriously fun escapade.

The budget dvd from Hollywood Entertainment has a very nice 16:9 widescreen picture with good sound quality. Could have sworn Arrow released this on Blu but can find no evidence of it.

Highly recommended.
No its one Arrow haven't done. I'd upgrade though if they do.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 15th July 2022, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. 2006.

American teen Sean is sent to Japan to live with his father and gets involved in drift racing.

This is the second time watching this all the way through and not my favourite entry in the Fast and Furious saga (aside from F9, which will never be spoken about). We got a new guy in Tokyo who loves cars, gets on the wrong side of people and makes a new friend Han played by Sung Kang and challenges DK (Drift King) to a race. Aside from the cars and the races, this really didn't have much going for me...sorry to those who like this film.

658804-b.jpg
Old 15th July 2022, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Have you read the source "novel" then J? He takes far more liberties with it than the King book
I haven't no, but Kubrick is well known for putting his own spin on things
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th July 2022, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Hitch-Hike (1977)

David Hess is in full on hesstrionic mode once again as a fugitive on the run who takes holidaying couple Franco Nero and Corinne Clery hostage on a road trip across the Californian desert.

A fun but brutal movie in which loony Hess almost meets his match in the shape of the warring couple, especially alcoholic Nero. It's a film that takes it's influences from everything from The Last House on the Left and Bava's Rabid Dogs to Duel, Easy Rider and any number of road movies.

What let's the film down is there aren't any actual likable characters to root for with Nero and Clery being so at war with each other and the whole thing has a fairly spiteful air to it's sleazy goings on. Whilst the Italian landscapes at times do look like the Californian equivalent the road signs are all over the place and pretty funny if you roughly know your US locations.

For all the usual Italian clunkiness the film boasts some terrific moments of suspense and iconic imagery, especially the sight of Clery stood by the caravan naked brandishing a rifle in the middle of the night.

88 Films Blu-ray looks very pretty to these eyes, a pity it's an extras free release though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hitch-Hike-film-poster.jpg (25.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 15th July 2022, 10:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fast & Furious. 2009.

O'Connor now working with the F.B.I. teams with Dominic Toretto to infiltrate a drug lord who is running a heroin shipment from America to Mexico.

Although Paul Walker and Vin Diesel return together and with their cars, this one focuses more on Dominic to try and get revenge on those responsible for the death of his girlfriend. Yeah there is a big race for pole position to be a courier and a good race about a small Mexico place with the drug lord in a passenger seat, this was better than the second film and Tokyo drift.

FastandFurious-PosterArt2x3.jpg
Old 16th July 2022, 01:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fast Five. 2011.

The team pull a daring escape for Dominic and find themselves in Brazil, the plan a massive heist against a drug lord/politician and outsmart a bounty hunter and his crew.

Original and second film cast reunite for this film with Joaquim de Almeida playing the corrupt guy, Elena Pataky as the rookie cop who is tasked to join Dwayne Johnson and his team. Tyrese and Ludacris bring some of the laughs as old friends do that we can only laugh at and Matt Schulze turns up not for a big role appearance.

Only downside to this, we see Dom and Brian go to win cars but we never see the race and the big fight between between Hobbs and Dom really didn't last that long, we do see them racing each other in police cars though and destroying buildings and scenery with a safe.

p8338313_p_v10_bb.jpg
Old 16th July 2022, 03:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fast & Furious 6 .2013.

Hobbs recruits the team to take down mercenaries lead by a ex special ops member, Dom gets sidetracked when he learns that Letty may still be alive and with the group they are hunting.

So far they have gone from street racing and high speed robberies with criminal records to being recruited by a bounty hunter to capture another team of high speed racers lead by Luke Shaw. There is a good high speed chase round London that doesn't go well and a street race, with this you can tell there is a dominant force to take lead between Dwayne and Vin to get more screen time and look bigger. Still this is one of the better films.

FastandFurious6Poster.jpg

Have a great weekend all
Old 16th July 2022, 11:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Linguini Incident (1991, Richard Sheperd)

Another terrible Bowie film? Yes please
This time Dave needs his green card, his solution to this problem isn't quite the path usually taken. Rosanna Arquette pouts beside him
Apparently the "snappier" US cut. I can't tell as this is the first time (and the last) I've seen it. It's meant to be a "screwball comedy" I think, but it falls flat at every turn
He has his Tin Machine hair in this, so did it between tours?? Hmmm.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!