All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179633Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2011, 04:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Ah, I see, I hadn't thought of that. Eaten Alive is a film I definitely need to see.

Agree with 'gag' on this. Tobe should fall on his chainsaw for the tosh that is 'Eaten alive', so he should be. Looks like it cost less to make than to buy. Rubbish. Shame Brand didn't chuck Tobe in the swamp as well.
Old 27th May 2011, 05:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Eaten Alive is one of the many DVDs on my pile of unwatched discs, something I plan to remedy soon.
Old 27th May 2011, 06:59 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Tokyo Gore Police, Human Centipede, Let Me In and Ip Man

Been a while since I posted and have watched a few movies - these four come to mind. Let Me In and Ip man (it's Kung Fu but just had to mention it) were both really enjoyable. I gave 'Let the Right One in' a miss in favor of the supposedly faster paced US/UK version and really enjoyed it. Highly original (even though it's a remake!!).

Ip Man was just awesome - some of the best martial arts sequences I've seen on film, fantastic production too. Have been practising some of the pressure point blows on my punch bag - 'Bill'. Didn't stop me getting beaten up by a piece of wood at work the other day, now have a split level eyebrow.

'Human Centipede' was sick (watched it on Film4 as they've been showing a few surprising movies recently). Not really worth a repeat viewing but can now say I've seen it and it was a bit sick...

'Tokyo Gore Police' was bloody hilarious. All tongue in cheek and quirky in that Japanese way. Lots of evil mofos in Jap movies have long fringes I've noticed - must get a haircut if ever I go back there.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by ArnoGoldfinger; 27th May 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 28th May 2011, 06:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched the Hanging woman ...a paul naschy film ...to be total honest i dont realy know much about him or his films ...A little bit of info wouldnt go amiss ..Are his films any good,,

I just read that this was a troma release wouldnt have thought so it was to good

Im not a huge fan of troma films tend to find them awful, Yes im aware most are designed that way. Combat shock a fantastic film tho...

Last edited by gag; 28th May 2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 28th May 2011, 07:52 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Erm from my opinion you dont its bleeding terrible
Its a little hard to follow at times, but i enjoyed Eaten Alive, order the usa version under that title if you see it, dont buy the awful DEATH TRAP version from the uk, as its mastered from the old Vipco video tape which looks terrible........Worth a watch once.
Old 28th May 2011, 02:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Saw 6 last night. To me the Saw films are great fun but have declined in quality with every release. But I did enjoy this film as I did all the others. They just suck you in and the tension from, will they die or won't they is awsome
Old 28th May 2011, 03:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished BLOW OUT, absolutely stunning film, the sound design is just incredible and DePalmar's Style is perfect and beautiful and tragic at the same time. Travolta is on top form here and it's probably his best performance of his career...
Old 28th May 2011, 04:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just watched the Hanging woman ...a paul naschy film ...to be total honest i dont realy know much about him or his films ...A little bit of info wouldnt go amiss ..Are his films any good,,
The Hanging Woman is just an oddity that Troma have the rights to.

I love Paul Naschy's films. Many of them are in the style of Hammer but with more blood and nudity, and unfortunately not as well acted.
Naschy himself is excellent, he carries each role with great charisma and once you get to like him, he will become a firm favourite.

Unfortunately you have missed the Naschy dvd boom by a couple of years. The majority of his films are out of print but still around at more inflated prices.

BCI Eclipse released a fantastic series of Spanish horror films including many of Pauls. All had pristine prints and extras galore. BCI are now out of business.

I would suggest these below as they are all currently available on Amazon UK .
My personal fave of the Spanish horror series is the Loreley's Grasp which is also on Amazon.

Hope this has been a little bit of help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51+iIx1aoZL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (20.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51DAqEje4TL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (21.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51g1l1VALEL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51kgRPSrUDL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51-nA3uXdyL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (23.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51pPn7kAkKL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 61W698AAMVL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (29.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 518f3ibyOOL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (23.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51qYegpvprL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (23.3 KB, 4 views)
platostotal likes this.
Old 28th May 2011, 04:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Peter Mullan's NEDS-Highly recommended.

Don't worry.Subtitles are provided for you good folks south of the border!

Mullan is Scotland's answer to Ken Loach.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th May 2011, 05:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished BLOW OUT, absolutely stunning film, the sound design is just incredible and DePalmar's Style is perfect and beautiful and tragic at the same time. Travolta is on top form here and it's probably his best performance of his career...
I agree with every single word of this. I think the next BD I'm going to buy is going to be the Criterion edition of this film

Like this? Share it using the links below!