Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2012, 09:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Watched Intruders, new Clive Owen flick.

They had a good idea but it turned into quite a bad movie.
Bored me and the ending left me thinking was it even worth 100 mins of my life???
The "twist" at the end was really quite bad too!

2/10

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st April 2012, 12:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Passion Play
Near Dark
Death Line
Your Highness
Demons of the Mind
The Millionaire Tour
Hall Pass......Thought this was really funny. At one scene in the film(bathroom scene) I laughed so hard my side hurt the next day
Old 1st April 2012, 12:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
The Task
Senna.....Not as good as the hype, the film that is, Senna was an awesome driver. If only he hadn't died; a few seasons with him versus Schumacher would have been great. Schumacher would then have been seen as the true great he is.
Or would they spend race after race shunting each other off?
mercury likes this.
Old 1st April 2012, 01:29 PM
Ex-member

Big Stan - with Rob Schneider
saw this last night with my girlfriend
never heard of this film before
a funny film though
mark meakin likes this.
Old 1st April 2012, 02:30 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I watched the Caine Mutiny last night. Humphrey Bogart is the captain of the U.S.S Caine as the film goes on he makes more and more erratic decisions which forces the first officer to relieve him of his command. As a result the first officer has to face a court martial for attempted mutiny.

Not a great film but a great performance by Humphrey Bogart makes it worth a watch.

MV5BMTU3ODU3ODkxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDUyODg0MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR9,0,214,317_.jpg
Old 1st April 2012, 04:25 PM
Cult Rookie

been a busy 2 weeks in the land of film, i watched:

Bogey Man (got halfway though the second one and relised the directors cut was just the first one with additional scenes so gave up on it. As i watched it strait after)

The Beast In Space (It was a laugh with some of the best WTF moments)

Love Goddess of the Cannibals (not as bad as some reviews have you think. I love voodoo and black magic films, esp. with TnA. Not the best but not a waste of time either)

Satans Baby Doll (Quite a good possession flick. Thought it was time to watched these 3 to celebrate the next shameless release later this month)

Toxic Zombies (Average low bud. zombie flick. Kinda reminded me of Dont Go In The Woods Alone but with zombies obviously.)

Baba Yaga (Loved It. Best of the films metioned here and among my favorite sameless films ive seen along with Flavia The Heretic and Dellamorte Dellmore.)

The Dorm That Dripped Blood (I though it was ok. I love modern low budget movies and thought if it was released today it would be on one of the best)

Oh and I better mention Footprints on the Moon (great film very atmospheric and suspenseful only beaten by Baba Yaga for me in this list)

Certificates are there for you to make the right choice (veiwer yells "BO**OX") thanks for listening erm reading.
Old 1st April 2012, 05:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
Big Stan - with Rob Schneider
saw this last night with my girlfriend
never heard of this film before
a funny film though
I've never seen a Rob Schneider film which I could describe as being in any way funny. However, comedy is probably the most subjective the film genres. I have no idea why Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey are so popular, but that's just me!
Old 1st April 2012, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Finally watched AVATAR at the weekend, it does look fantastic no question... But What a oddly offensive script, "Blue people are too dim to understand what's happening, it takes foreign white man to help them win." Where have I heard that before? And even worse "This wild animal is untamed, so I'll stick my 'tail' into it to calm it down" Try that with a lion matey, My mate said "Two more on the way" let's hope someone else wrights the scripts, I admire James Cameron's political beliefs but we know how evil/greedy corporate America is(to me what the film is about) no need to insert his tail in me to get the message across

And yeah, I know how much money it's taken, just goes to show...
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st April 2012, 06:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

SNOWTOWN - Watched on the strength of reports featured on this site - I found a wrenching, disturbing and in places heartbreaking film where depravity follows deprivation in the lives of Australia's dispossessed. Based on the John Bunting case. It's a cold, cold world out there. Essential viewing.
INSIDIOUS - Some have embraced this as a 'return to real scares' whilst others have rejected what they percieve as an over-hyped mainstream rip-off. I quite liked it. It's derivative but not ineffective with some nice imagery and creepy moments.
BUG - By William Friedkin. A paranoid universe plays out within the confines of Ashley Judd's house when she shacks up with a psychotic ex-soldier. Intense and involving, particularly during the over-driven final act.
RATS - NIGHT OF TERROR - For a bit of light relief. Whether you dig this or not will depend on your appreciation of the specific textures of early eighties Italian trash cinema, which are here in abundance. Despite a lack of all that much explicit gore / nudity, a few choice bad taste moments (ie implied forced entry by rodent) ensure it still manages to sustain a sleazy vibe, then of course there's the awful dialogue, over-ripe fashions, the sense of it all being a desperate, desperate rip-off... it's simultaneously boring and hysterical, like all worthwhile examples of its ilk. Definitive early 80s post-apocalypse sci-fi synth soundtrack is the icing on the cake.
BRUISER - Downtrodden milquetoast becomes self-righteous sadist when he wakes to find that for some reason his face has been replaced by a blank white mask. I felt slightly dismissive of the whole 'revenge of the nerds' type retribution vibe - it all seemed a bit fallow a conceit, considering the man who made this brought riches such as 'Martin' into the world - but I found it brisk and entertaining and probably enjoyed it a lot more than those expecting another Night / Dawn / Day etc.
KOLOBOS - A pre-reality TV automated murder-house slasher which aspires to dreamy heights of Italian style. I really liked it on second viewing - it's messy, awkward and in some instances wooden and stilted (the performances and direction in the first half hour), but somehow gets past itself and comes off as weird and slightly original. Quite violent, too. Not another boringly derivative post-'Scream' run of the mill, which is kind of what I was expecting.
SISTERS - Excellent. Took me ages to get round to... I think I was put off by the 'he's at it again with his Hitchcockism etc' - forget that, here Hitchcock isn't the point... yes, there are easy references but what really stands out is the sickly seventies tone, the weirdness and the sheer nastiness in places - the vicious first murder, for example, or the simple image of fingers caressing the post-op scar of an ex-siamese twin.
Old 1st April 2012, 06:14 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen a Rob Schneider film which I could describe as being in any way funny. However, comedy is probably the most subjective the film genres. I have no idea why Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey are so popular, but that's just me!
Jim Carrey is funny in DUMB AND DUMBER and ME, MYSELF AND IRENE
not a big fan otherwise
not a fan of Adam Sancller at all!
as regards to Rob Schneider he was funny in BIG STAN, can't remenber the DEUCE BIGALOW films or whatever

Like this? Share it using the links below!