Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2013, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just watched Martyrs........not sure on this one. I couldn't stop watching it but all the time it left me feeling a little flat.
Old 20th March 2013, 01:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not a film or horror for that matter but started watching hell on wheels and really enjoying it, what to others think of it?
Old 20th March 2013, 04:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Not a film or horror for that matter but started watching hell on wheels and really enjoying it, what to others think of it?
Looks like an Avatar fight is on the horizon
Rik and trebor8273 like this.
Old 20th March 2013, 05:01 PM
Cult Addict

transit.jpg

Jim Caviezel plays a recently paroled fraudster on the road with his wife and kids for a weekends camping in an attempt to repair the family unit, damaged by his crime and time in prison. Stopping at a truck stop for a break, a group of armed robbers hide their loot on his luggage rack in order to get through police roadblocks. It works, unfortunately as these things go however the plan soon falls apart and the rest of the film becomes a cat-and-mouse game between the family and the gang of robbers.
An after dark thriller, Transit is probably one of the better non-horror titles to come out from the label. Its a fairly gripping no nonsense crime thriller with planety of twists and turns and well established suspense. I thouroughly enjoyed this one!
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 20th March 2013, 05:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Attachment 103987

Jim Caviezel plays a recently paroled fraudster on the road with his wife and kids for a weekends camping in an attempt to repair the family unit, damaged by his crime and time in prison. Stopping at a truck stop for a break, a group of armed robbers hide their loot on his luggage rack in order to get through police roadblocks. It works, unfortunately as these things go however the plan soon falls apart and the rest of the film becomes a cat-and-mouse game between the family and the gang of robbers.
An after dark thriller, Transit is probably one of the better non-horror titles to come out from the label. Its a fairly gripping no nonsense crime thriller with planety of twists and turns and well established suspense. I thouroughly enjoyed this one!
I enjoyed this also. Quite brutal in places. James Frain made a cool villain, just ask Diora Baird.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th March 2013, 05:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
What where these people expecting a Disney movie or shudder crap like twishite sorry twilight?

Says a lot about peoples tastes when good films like this have hardly anyone seeing it, just like Dredd
Exactly, and it's proper visceral horror too. It packs a fair old punch.

The almost entirely empty seats are a shame, especially when it's such an impressively made piece of modern exploitation. The screenings are at unsociable times too, so it seems the chains were simply reluctant to take a chance with it.

Perhaps those couples figured it couldn't be that tough since Frodo is in it.
trebor8273 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 20th March 2013, 06:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching Dracula now all I can say what a fantastic job has been done restoring this masterpiece
tele1962 likes this.
Old 20th March 2013, 08:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Watching Dracula now all I can say what a fantastic job has been done restoring this masterpiece
It arrived today and you're watching it already?? This is what I'm watching...

uploadfromtaptalk1363814572688.jpg

Doubt I'll get it in the player for days yet.
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 20th March 2013, 08:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm dreadfully sorry. I've been watching this...

Please, before you pass judgement let me explain...

Mine is a sad story, a tale of half remembered happiness viewed through a fog of mind altering substances, mainly Guinness. In the early '80s I used to watch this before going out to get hammered and I liked it, yes, damn it I admit to it!

I recently took a couple of students to see the children's author, Andrew Norriss, I had a good chat with him but I hadn't done my homework. If I had just Googled him I would have found that he was the genius who came up with Tom Chance and his girlfriend, Alison (played by newcomers at the time, Simon Callow and Brenda Blethyn). Tom is so plagued by coincidence that the local police have ordered that he is never to be arrested no matter how guilty he appears to be!

I found the whole collection on Amazon and bought it. It was very cheap for a collection of 18 episodes. Of course there are some pretty rough episodes but on the whole they stand the test of time and are still laugh-out-loud funny today. I don't mind heartily recommending them to you, in fact if you want to call round we can have a marathon viewing session. You can bring the Guinness...

Monster Magnet
Old 20th March 2013, 09:02 PM
Active Cultist

I'm taking a short break in the watching of Die Nibelungen. I' ve had this to watch since Xmas but have put it off - the thought of a 5 hour German silent from 1924 can seemed a daunting prospect - more fool me, this is Fritz Lang after all, a genuine genius in a world of false idols, and this film is magnificent. As anyone who's seen the early Mabuse films knows Lang was the ultimate entertainer - crime, sci-fi, borderline horror (I always think of M as a horror for some reason), film noir and here, fantasy, he did it all. What unites all his movies is an eye for a killer image, whether it be faces, landscapes or architecture, virtually every shot is freezeframable. Pace too, I've never come across a director who can burn up time like Lang. If you were in doubt about picking this up rest assured you will be royally entertained and for me anyway, the lack of spoken dialogue in a fantasy epic is a blessed relief - images, music and subtitles - perfect!

Like this? Share it using the links below!