Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179849Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2013, 10:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Dude, you are still my favorite reviewer. Fantastic stuff as always. Is there a decent version of Xtro out there ? I thought this was great back in the day. I had planned to get the Blus of Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World but like everything else it slipped my mind...
Old 4th September 2013, 10:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Dude, you are still my favorite reviewer. Fantastic stuff as always. Is there a decent version of Xtro out there ? I thought this was great back in the day. I had planned to get the Blus of Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World but like everything else it slipped my mind...
Too kind, sir, too kind.

My copy of 'Xtro' is the Image Entertainment DVD from way back. I'm basically watching all my old discs because I can seldom afford new stuff these days. Anyway, PQ on the Image release is good. I can't vouch for any other versions out there.

I don't have a Blu-ray player, but 'Galaxy of Terror' and 'Forbidden World' are certainly worth picking up on DVD.
Wes and troggi like this.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:39 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Too kind, sir, too kind.

My copy of 'Xtro' is the Image Entertainment DVD from way back. I'm basically watching all my old discs because I can seldom afford new stuff these days. Anyway, PQ on the Image release is good. I can't vouch for any other versions out there.

I don't have a Blu-ray player, but 'Galaxy of Terror' and 'Forbidden World' are certainly worth picking up on DVD.
Perhaps a review of XTRO 2 The second encounter?!

Not as weird as the first but its worth watching for jan michael vincent in booze ridden depths of his career plummet.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:04 PM
Cult Addict

YOUR NEXT.

From the director of A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE, with brief appearances from both A J BOWEN and LARRY FESSENDEN as well as starring A J BOWEN and the still lovely Barbara Crampton as the family's mother (god I feel old right now) YOUR NEXT is a film that does nothing new with the genre but is still worth watching as what it DOES do, it does bloody marvelously.

The Moody score is great and feels ripped straight from an early eighties horror, the characters are not horribly stupid simply to serve the plot mechanics and the whole film had it's tongue firmly in its cheek with a layer of black humor running throughout the whole film.

Honestly you should go and see it.
troggi likes this.
Old 5th September 2013, 05:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Old 5th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
YOUR NEXT.
Or even You're Next!
Old 5th September 2013, 09:25 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Or even You're Next!
Grammar nazi!
Old 5th September 2013, 09:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Bad Boys- caught this on TV last night, first time in ages, still haven't dared watch the sequel yet. I've always enjoyed this film and think Will Smith and Martin Lawrence make a great double act, similar in some ways to the great Riggs & Murtaugh

And, like I said in the shoutbox, due to the passing of José Ramón Larraz, I watched Vampyres. A fine piece of sleaze if ever there was one
Who could resist the advances of these two sexy beasts?

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th September 2013, 09:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Bad Boys- caught this on TV last night, first time in ages, still haven't dared watch the sequel yet. I've always enjoyed this film and think Will Smith and Martin Lawrence make a great double act, similar in some ways to the great Riggs & Murtaugh
Rik when I first saw your post I though you had seen Bad Boys, a tough prison drama from 1983 starring Sean Penn, memorable for a scene with some coke cans and a pillow case. Good movie...

troggi likes this.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:05 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Django Unchained and Star Trek Into Darkness yesterday.
Django Unchained is still a really well done film with a really good cast (Samuel L Jackson was brilliant) and Star Trek Into Darkness for me was a lot more easier to get into than the previous one.
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!