Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179791Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2013, 07:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I think Zeta One is great, camp, fun. Whats not to like about it?

As for Robertson Justice, he's best known for playing Sir Lancelot Spratt, so he can't really complain about bad films.
As I said getting too jaded! Watched a lot of movies these past three weeks. Normally I would have probably loved it as you say 'Whats not to like about it'. As for Sir Lancelot Spratt loved the character in the doctor movies!
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 17th November 2013, 07:53 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

SMURFS 2: Little blue f*ckers.
Old 17th November 2013, 07:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
SMURFS 2: Little blue f*ckers.
Greatest 3 word review ever

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th November 2013, 08:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Must have been the "harder version".
Old 17th November 2013, 08:09 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Must have been the "harder version".
There is a little girl on girl and the baddie has a massive wand...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smurf23.jpg (35.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 17th November 2013, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default TCM2

Watched this one yesterday, fantastic release in every respect. PQ was fantastic with colours looking natural, grain was intact and no nasty DNR or Edge Enhancement to bug this release.

The package is something else including a 100 page booklet and two of Tobe Hoopers early works both in HD, The Heisters and Eggshells. Extras are two numerous to mention but lets just say they are great viewing.

All in all this three disc set is a must have for all Blu collectors.
bdc and troggi like this.
Old 17th November 2013, 08:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Some good stuff there Troggi, Uzumaki is really interesting although i found the ending a bit disappointing, supposedly its from a manga or jap comic or summin. But good film still.
Never seen Condor so can't really comment on that.
Tideland is really interesting, i found it to be a bit like a kids version of Texas chainsaw in some ways. i found it uncomfortable too but when you evaluate it objectively it sort of isn't. I won't go into detail in case i put anyone off watching it, but it's a really interesting and brave film from Gilliam.

Devils Reject's is good but i still prefer the first movie House of a 1000 corpses, same characters just more horror based, very chainsaw grimy feel and grindhouse influenced shenanigans. Also i find it pretty funny too, if you haven't seen it check it out.
Personally though i'd say skip the Halloween remakes, they're not badly made just kind of screw up what made the original so good.
Thanks for the advice, nos 42, almost exactly as my little girl says about Zombie's movies!

My daughter is actually reading the manga of "Uzumaki" at the moment and says that it is "totally screwy" not one to twist words, eh?

I think that we're reading from the same page on "Tideland", you're right when you say " i found it uncomfortable too but when you evaluate it objectively it sort of isn't", I meant to say that it was sort of innocently uncomfortable, and reminiscent of that awkwardness when accidentally encroaching on someone else's privacy.

To be honest I watched "Operation Condor" like a cracker and glass of water, something of very simple taste to "cleanse the palate after a rich tasting meal". I find that sometimes, after a particularly thought-provoking film, it's good to reboot the old brain-box with something fun or adventurous, in this case both, and always have one or two around, just in case!

And before anyone calls Social Services about my daughter's upbringing I freely admit that letting her watch "Buffy" as a kid was irresponsible but we've got past that now!

p.s. Katherine, the Daughter of Darkness, is in Fareham with her bloke, Iain, to see "The Circus of Horrors" at this moment! That's ma girrrl!
nosferatu42 likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 17th November 2013, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Project A-ko: Love and Robots (1987-1989) (dvd title)

This includes the following OVA's:

Plot of the Daitokuji Financial Group (1987)
Cinderella Rhapsody (1988)
FINAL (1989)

These are the 3 sequels to the original film and I must confess that I had some trouble getting into the wacky world of A-ko,B-ko and C-ko again at first...

Plot of the Daitokuji Financial Group was an ok follow up I guess...Cinderella Rhapsody had me seriously doubting where this was going (throwing in a male love interest?!) but FINAL really wrapped everything up and went totally insane doing it!

So another very enjoyable viewing experience,even if I had my doubts at first

Choice quotes (English dub).

Miss Ayumi: Have you seen any movies?
Miss Ayumi: [Kei grunts] What kind of movies do you like?
Hikari Daitokuji: [Kei mumbles something] Excuse me,could you speak up,please?
Kei Yuki: [nervously] I-I like "Deep Throat"!
Hikari Daitokuji: [nervously] Uh,Y-Yes,the critics raved!
[laughs loudly]

A shame there's no Japanese track on the UK dvd,lots of nice extras though.

Invid Ninja and troggi like this.

Last edited by bdc; 17th November 2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 17th November 2013, 09:45 PM
Cult Addict

JUST BEFORE DAWN.

Gave Code reds Blu a whirl. Very impressive, way beyond any previous version i've seen in terms of quality. Still regret getting rid of my media blasters DVD as it had a great commentary and making of.

The film itself still holds up. One of the all time great backwoods slasher films and a definite influence on Wrong turn. George kennedy is great but for some reason i'm getting the urge to watch wacko!

"just mowing the lawn!"
Old 17th November 2013, 10:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
JUST BEFORE DAWN.

Gave Code reds Blu a whirl. Very impressive, way beyond any previous version i've seen in terms of quality. Still regret getting rid of my media blasters DVD as it had a great commentary and making of.

The film itself still holds up. One of the all time great backwoods slasher films and a definite influence on Wrong turn. George kennedy is great but for some reason i'm getting the urge to watch wacko!

"just mowing the lawn!"
Didn't think any one else knew about Wacko, it's a favourite of mine from when i was young.

'Death to teenagers who f*ck'
keirarts and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!