Like Tree179829Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2016, 11:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Loved Olympus Has Fallen, great fun.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th March 2016, 02:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Finally got round to watching two films that I'd been meaning to get around to for ages.
Mad Max Fury Road.
What a disappointment! Shite of the highest order. Big chase out into the back of beyond, acting of the lowest common denominator - especially the four girl breeders who give "wooden" a bad name, followed by a big chase back - amazingly missing the swamp that stopped them on the way out. No story, no background, except for the briefest of flashbacks and all the style of a Warner Bros cartoon. The only thing going for it is that it ended quite quickly.

The Green Inferno
Slightly better than the above but as I watched it straight after Max, even an Ed Wood film would have appeared a masterpiece. Cannibal films had their time and place and unless you're going to go balls to the wall, then why bother at all? You don't even get to know what the fate of the leader of the eco-hug a tree-wankers is. Did he live? Did he die? Does anyone including Roth even care? Nods here and there to other (better) cannibal films and the ending of Ferox tagged on for no discernible rhyme or reason whatever. Ever so slightly better than Cannibal Terror.

Watching these reinforced why I collect films from the 70's and 80's more than the modern mediocre crap that we're bombarded with nowadays.
Old 6th March 2016, 03:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Finally got round to watching two films that I'd been meaning to get around to for ages.
Mad Max Fury Road.
What a disappointment! Shite of the highest order. Big chase out into the back of beyond, acting of the lowest common denominator - especially the four girl breeders who give "wooden" a bad name, followed by a big chase back - amazingly missing the swamp that stopped them on the way out. No story, no background, except for the briefest of flashbacks and all the style of a Warner Bros cartoon. The only thing going for it is that it ended quite quickly.
I totally agree. Fury Road was terrible, i was bored half an hour into it.

I didn't bother reviewing it here as i thought i was on my own thinking it poor.
Old 6th March 2016, 05:43 PM
Cult Addict

London has fallen.

It is said that Gerard 'stabbing hobo' Butler is so fond of stabbings he refuses to star in any film where he doesn't stab anyone. Apparently on the rare project he doesn't stab someone on screen its either as payback for covering up one of his non sanctioned stabbings, or he's being paid with daggers used in famous murders. He learned his mysterious arts working for a carny after being found on the mean streets of Glasgow as a child eating a wolf.
Fans of stabbing can rest easy then as, in spite of a shaky start where shanks mcbutler must confront human feelings and character development, the wussy shit is soon sidelined when a villain escaped from a Marvel superhero film and his army of magic re-spawning psychic commandos who are also masters of disguise devastate London in a seemingly perfect and devastating attack that would seem frighteningly realistic to anyone living up Tom Clancy's arsehole. It seems hundreds upon hundreds of terrorists have managed to infiltrate London's police force and army, and Royal guard and... well it gets to the point where Lord stabbington is leading President Dudebro two-face to safety you expect the lampposts to reveal themselves as well disguised Pakistani t-1000's. To a point it does look like 'mcstab' might actually stick to shooting people, but then the film gets to the point where they filmed too much for their pet sociopath to walk off so out comes the knife and stabbings all round.
The writer of this film was at least pleased that his rejected script for the last Modern Warfare videogame was used as it seems to have been slightly re-jigged to suit the film, even better the film actually f****g turns into modern warfare in an actually quite well done sequence that seems better than the shitty cinematography and bad special effects suggest the people involved are capable of. Overall its a terrible film that is also hysterically funny and entertaining in a way that appeals to the reptile part of the brain. I only went because G-Stab appeared on the screen before deadpool and told me to book my tickets and that mans cold dead eyes frighten me. The last guy who refused ended up stabbed, bummed then stabbed again.
Old 6th March 2016, 05:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Being someone who doesn't know an awful lot about Gerard Butler, why all the stabbing references?

Also why waste money on a film with such terrible reviews?
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th March 2016, 06:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Shit blows up!
Old 6th March 2016, 06:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Shit blows up!
Well, yes, that's the reason i'll pick it up on dvd at some stage.

Not just shit...British, nay, English shit blows up.
Old 6th March 2016, 06:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Being someone who doesn't know an awful lot about Gerard Butler, why all the stabbing references?

Nothing against him personally. He just tends to star in a lot of films that involve brutal killings. All in jest.. Honest. He's not behind me right now with a blade....

You see I was expecting violent trash and got what I paid for.
Old 6th March 2016, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Nothing against him personally. He just tends to star in a lot of films that involve brutal killings. All in jest.. Honest. He's not behind me right now with a blade....

Well if we don't see you in a few days we know that he got you and for gods sake don't try to say his name three times while in front of a mirror
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 6th March 2016, 06:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

That's okay then. So did you actually like it? Your review is quite negative.

Like this? Share it using the links below!