LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2017, 09:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
surely not,Is that possible??
He probably means better looking than Nordy.
Old 15th January 2017, 06:58 AM
Cult Addict

Absurd

Is this a remake of Joe D'amatos Anthropophagus? A sequel? It has some minor callbacks to that previous film, including a reference to some Greek coins found in George Eastman's pockets. Mind you Georges character is much less crusty-faced than in Anthro and appears to have developed immortality. Perhaps Ravenous was right?
Anyway, George is seen at the start of the film legging it from a priest. He scales a gate and impales himself on the railings. Gatecrashing the house he's run to he's taken to hospital to have his guts put back in. There its discovered somethings up (no shit) and he awakens and goes on a bloody murder spree. Its all somewhat baffling however I find myself not caring as in spite of everything the film is an awful lot of fun. One of the main complaints over Anthro was its plotting, with almost an hour going by before anything happens. Personally I've grown to appreciate Anthro as a 'mood piece' as it does generate a real atmosphere of impending doom. Absurd's biggest strength is that it adopts a more commercial pace to proceedings. Some may feel that's a put off but it did make the film more immediately accessible for me. Thought 88's Blu-ray looked terrific by the way, but then all prior versions I've seen looked ropy at best.
Old 15th January 2017, 07:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Had a matinee of Guardians of the Galaxy today, first time since the cinema. Really enjoyed it, great fun. Basically the only MCU movie I've actially got! Hopefully the sequel will be as enjoyable.
Old 15th January 2017, 10:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Donnie Darko. PQ was excellent, now can someone tell me what it was about.
Old 15th January 2017, 10:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Donnie Darko. PQ was excellent, now can someone tell me what it was about.
The universe gives Donnie the choice between living at the expense of something bad happening to those he loves or to allow himself to die and save others. This appears to be happening due to a **** up in the universe that caused the jet engine to drop down the wormhole. It does however raise endless questions over paradox, one of the difficulties when doing time travel stuff.
Old 15th January 2017, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

8.5/10

7.5/10

7.9/10
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th January 2017, 11:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

You do know after watching The hobbit movies thats about 7hrs of your life you will never get back.

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 15th January 2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 15th January 2017, 12:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
You do know after after watching The hobbit movies that about 7hrs of your life you will never get back.
I quite like them, if you don't think to much about how a lot of stuff is added that's not needed. Really should of been 2 movies. But they should leave middle earth alone and not do any more movies which they are rumours of. Also with the extended cuts I think its more like 11/12 hours.

Once five armies is watched its on to the far superior Lord of the Rings trilogy. Even with there faults the hobbit movies are still better than the star wars prequels.
Old 15th January 2017, 03:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Oh dear this could of been a half decent movie if they didn't go for the power rangers route and the painfully unfunny slapstick comedy. It really should of been an 18 with an excess of gore and nudity,also most of the creatures or laughable and sad knock of other well knowing monsters. With ones that look like the fly,one the love child of a gremlin and jar jar Bink's and another the love child of a gremlin and predator.should of went with my first choice of one million years BC 5/10
Old 15th January 2017, 03:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Oh dear this could of been a half decent movie if they didn't go for the power rangers route and the painfully unfunny slapstick comedy. It really should of been an 18 with an excess of gore and nudity,also most of the creatures or laughable and sad knock of other well knowing monsters. With ones that look like the fly,one the love child of a gremlin and jar jar Bink's and another the love child of a gremlin and predator.should of went with my first choice of one million years BC 5/10
Have you ever seen Guyver: Dark Hero? It ups the gore quotient nicely.

Like this? Share it using the links below!