All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2017, 12:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Prevenge (2016)

***1/2 out of *****

RED 2 (2013)

I really enjoyed the first film, so I thought I’d give the sequel a watch as it was on TV. It lacks the original’s charm, coming across as a quick cash-in; shallow and rushed.

**1/2 out of *****

Disturbia (2007)

*** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 17th June 2017, 09:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post

RED 2 (2013)

I really enjoyed the first film, so I thought I’d give the sequel a watch as it was on TV. It lacks the original’s charm, coming across as a quick cash-in; shallow and rushed.

**1/2 out of *****
Yeah, the dynamic between Karl Urban's character and Bruce Willis' was great. Would have liked to see that develop in the second film, but sadly not even mentioned in the film.
keirarts and Cinematic Shocks like this.
Old 17th June 2017, 09:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well mate came round last night so we got piddled and laughed at a terrible ABBA "doc"
When all was said and done he mentioned that he needed to see more b&w films ... so I stuck on The Old Dark House, which he was suitably impressed with of course.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th June 2017, 08:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ROLLERCOASTER (1977)

Rollercoaster .(1977)

It would be easy to dismiss Rollercoaster as just another in a long line of 1970's disaster movies, I mean you could not move an inch in the 70's for earthquakes, chemical leaks, nuclear missiles being hijacked, animals running amuck and sinking cruise liners all clogging up our screens.Whether it be man made or good old nature in revolt I was pretty scared to leave the house back then in the case of earth tremors or a plane full of toxic waste crashing into the local Co-OP and releasing some sort of mutated cashier.(then again who could tell the difference)...The rollercoaster has George Segal as a safety inspector checking amusement rides for er a safety I guess.Unfortunately for him, Timothy Bottoms is the rather cherubic looking bomber looking to blackmail the corporations who own the amusement rides.And after successfully blowing up a ride and killing its riders when the coaster derails and plunges unceremoniously to the floor, Segal is entrusted with the job of liaising between the bomber and the FBI and the amusement park owners...Segal is always good value, and its a shame we don't see him more often in recent years, Richard Widmark does what he does best, playing grumpy men in authority, he's done them all, grumpy police, grumpy FBI and grumpy miliatary not to mention grumpy and mean bad guys.Of course, its 1970's and anything could happen, so do not be surprised when we get a couple of rocking tunes from Sparks (the internet reckons KISS was originally offered the gig but turned it down) who are entertaining the folks at The Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain where are bomber has threatened to blow up this new ride...While Rollercoaster does not have all the fancy effects of the Final Destination movies, its practical effects primitive as they are compared with today's CGI are still genuinely teeth-grindingly painful as they crash into the ground splatting their occupants..Not as packed full of famous actors waiting to die as say Earthquake and certainly not as dramatic as Poseidon Adventure its still a cool movie and one I remember fondly seeing as a kid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ROLLERCOASTER (1977) poster 1.jpg (100.7 KB, 6 views)

Old 17th June 2017, 08:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Rollercoaster .(1977)

It would be easy to dismiss Rollercoaster as just another in a long line of 1970's disaster movies, I mean you could not move an inch in the 70's for earthquakes, chemical leaks, nuclear missiles being hijacked, animals running amuck and sinking cruise liners all clogging up our screens.
I love Juggernaut (Terror on the Britannic)
Old 17th June 2017, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Enjoyable with a memorbale blowjob scene but not up there with sleaziness of basket case or the whacknese of frankenhooker. 7/10

Now watching Bad Milo, after that either doghouse or strippers vs werewolves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download-45.jpg (11.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 17th June 2017, 10:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Commando (1985)

***1/2 out of *****

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

**** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 18th June 2017, 12:19 AM
Ex-member

Its been awhile since I watched a single 40's movie and I thought I'd pick one I know I have only seen once about 20 or so years ago to revisit.

As the title for another movie goes and its fitting for this one. As good as it gets. One is just quickly drawn in thanks to the camera work, direction, story, acting...Mesmerizing film experience. I rarely give this out but 10/10 no doubt this one influenced/inspired a great many writers directors.. over the years.

I have to stay in touch with the 40's a little more..I think anyone thats a film lover/buff whatever should too.
Old 18th June 2017, 05:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Rollercoaster .(1977)

It would be easy to dismiss Rollercoaster as just another in a long line of 1970's disaster movies, I mean you could not move an inch in the 70's for earthquakes, chemical leaks, nuclear missiles being hijacked, animals running amuck and sinking cruise liners all clogging up our screens.Whether it be man made or good old nature in revolt I was pretty scared to leave the house back then in the case of earth tremors or a plane full of toxic waste crashing into the local Co-OP and releasing some sort of mutated cashier.(then again who could tell the difference)...The rollercoaster has George Segal as a safety inspector checking amusement rides for er a safety I guess.Unfortunately for him, Timothy Bottoms is the rather cherubic looking bomber looking to blackmail the corporations who own the amusement rides.And after successfully blowing up a ride and killing its riders when the coaster derails and plunges unceremoniously to the floor, Segal is entrusted with the job of liaising between the bomber and the FBI and the amusement park owners...Segal is always good value, and its a shame we don't see him more often in recent years, Richard Widmark does what he does best, playing grumpy men in authority, he's done them all, grumpy police, grumpy FBI and grumpy miliatary not to mention grumpy and mean bad guys.Of course, its 1970's and anything could happen, so do not be surprised when we get a couple of rocking tunes from Sparks (the internet reckons KISS was originally offered the gig but turned it down) who are entertaining the folks at The Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain where are bomber has threatened to blow up this new ride...While Rollercoaster does not have all the fancy effects of the Final Destination movies, its practical effects primitive as they are compared with today's CGI are still genuinely teeth-grindingly painful as they crash into the ground splatting their occupants..Not as packed full of famous actors waiting to die as say Earthquake and certainly not as dramatic as Poseidon Adventure its still a cool movie and one I remember fondly seeing as a kid.
Yes but difference between those type of movies then and those type now is , then they where good and watchable , today they are mostly awful and crap, giving them the look at me I'm a Huge Hollywood Blockbuster crap trying hard to impress with huge budgets , who who in the film,CGI and over the top action, with very little story and plot give me those type of movies then over 99% of todays type of films, only a small percent escape the net and impress .

Last edited by gag; 18th June 2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old 18th June 2017, 06:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cass , I really like this true story about a black guy growing up in London who was abandoned by his parents and taken in by a white couple, and the bullying he had to put up
And felt right at home amongst the football hooligans and he become top dog of the group ,

Samantha is the reason for my lack of film watching at the moment because our relationship new , but itl die down and so will the post about us and I'll get back to posting what films I've seen soon ,

Like this? Share it using the links below!