Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2017, 08:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Halloween IV: The Return of Michael Myers. Ten years after the events of the original Halloween and Halloween II, lunatic killer Michael Myers is in a coma but soon wakes up after learning he has a young niece (Danielle Harris) and heading back to his home town to spread a little bit of Halloween spirit in true blood-soaked style. As ever, the perenially obsessed Dr Loomis (Donald Pleasance) is soon hot on his trail. This 1988 horror flick is not, in my opinion, up there with H20 but is still a fun and entertaining addition to the series.
Old 29th October 2017, 11:38 AM
Cult Addict

Humanoids from the Deep
Sea monsters terrorize a small town, by killing their dogs and rape the woman. Its now up to a group of people to figure out a way to stop them.
Its ok, the monster effects and gore is great. Its a B movie so acting is not important. Probably would watch it again, but I won't buy it.
6/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 29th October 2017, 08:48 PM
Cult Addict

Children of the Corn

All the adults in a small town are murdered by the children. X amount of time later, a couple find themselves in the same town and discover these children follow a demonic entity hiding in the cornfields.

First time I have ever watched this and to be honest I liked it. The whole killer kids idea is fun, Linda Hamilton is in it as well which also makes it winning.

7/10

Old 29th October 2017, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Children of the Corn

All the adults in a small town are murdered by the children. X amount of time later, a couple find themselves in the same town and discover these children follow a demonic entity hiding in the cornfields.

First time I have ever watched this and to be honest I liked it. The whole killer kids idea is fun, Linda Hamilton is in it as well which also makes it winning.

7/10

Good films for the day , still pretty decent even now but they do look dated now tho ..
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:09 PM
Cult Addict

Southbound

CaJjwjsWQAAnJdR.jpg

Recent horror anthology that is set around a desert highway.
This sounded ok, so thought i'd give it a watch when it turned up on The Horror Channel tonight, not expecting much, but i have to say i found this atmospheric, well shot and decently acted.

There are five stories directed by different people except for the first and final segments, each of the stories is small but effective and they all run into each other.

Surprisingly for this type of film the atmosphere is sustained throughout so it doesn't feel as disjointed as something like V/H/S which i found a bit meh.

The stories are not always wrapped up or explained to death which give them a eerie slightly warped Twilight Zone feel, my favourite was the one where a girl band who are stranded on the road get picked up by a weird couple who seem 'out of time'.
There is a creature that turns up at different points which i found to be a pretty cool design and quite menacing.
There is also a synth based score that reminded me of something Mr Carpenter would have cooked up back in the day.

Recommended 7.5/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Liked Southbound. Far betterer than that XX.

Rewatch!!
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th October 2017, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Liked Southbound. Far betterer than that XX.

Rewatch!!
I watched XX not long back glad someone thought the same as me, I thought it be good with the star cast but was slow and pointless
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Re: XX. Most said the first story was the best. So when that fizzled out in front of me ... my heart sank a little. Ach well .... onwards and upwards
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th October 2017, 11:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hidden 1987

A cop and a FBI agent team up when law abiding citizens start turning to crime when they have a parasite in their body.

This type of movie is a 80s B Sci-fi movie that is entertaining, the pace of this movie is high, the acting is good from Michael Nouri and Kyle Maclachan, with some shoot out scenes and 80s soundtrack. 8 out of 10
Old 30th October 2017, 08:46 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Re: XX. Most said the first story was the best. So when that fizzled out in front of me ... my heart sank a little. Ach well .... onwards and upwards
I watched it again recently and boy oh boy do I regret it. One of the biggest problems is that it was marketed as a feminist horror, however it doesn't reach anything close

keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!