Like Tree179840Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2010, 01:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched ....

Kevin S Tenney's

Night Of The Demons

I have always been a fan of this little gem of an 80s movie. Yeah it is full of dire acting, questionable dialogue, horrid music, and yet another "interesting performance" from Linnea Quigley! But it is a movie that has obviously been made from the heart, and I recognise that. Steve Johnson's make-up FX still stand-up terrifically today .. none of that CGI crap here thanks.

Not seen any of the sequels, but I hear 2 is very high on splatter .. anyone seen it.
Old 13th July 2010, 02:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Just watched ....

Kevin S Tenney's

Night Of The Demons

I have always been a fan of this little gem of an 80s movie. Yeah it is full of dire acting, questionable dialogue, horrid music, and yet another "interesting performance" from Linnea Quigley! But it is a movie that has obviously been made from the heart, and I recognise that. Steve Johnson's make-up FX still stand-up terrifically today .. none of that CGI crap here thanks.

Not seen any of the sequels, but I hear 2 is very high on splatter .. anyone seen it.
Linnea Quigley and the lipstick

I couldn't see the appeal of that "actress" at all. She was as rough as rough can be, yet fanboys at the time drooled over her in magazines like "Femme Fatales".

I preferred one of the other lead actresses in it; Cathy Podewell;the "all American girl" Judy going out with the idiot. Lovely!
Old 13th July 2010, 02:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post

Changeling (2009) - Angeline Jolie is Christine Collins, a single mother living in Los Angeles in the 20's. When her son, Walter, goes missing, she obviously asks the police to find her missing son. 5 months later, with the police coming under increasing pressure to deliver, and with charges of corruption levelled against them, they produce a child. But it's not her son - even though the police insist it is. When she persists with the claim that it's not her son, they have her committed. A local reverend and broadcaster (John Malkovich), who is also committed to exposing police corruption in the city, intervenes. Gradually, as events unfold, the police are shown to have orchestrated this terrible affair of givng her someone else's son and when a serial killer of children is captured, things reach an explosive peak. Even more shocking is that this is based on a true story! Unbelievable! A surprisingly good turn form Jolie here who actually puts in some acting and pulls it off remarkably well, showing that she is capable of a fine performance when she chooses to put in the work. Brilliantly realised by director Clint Eastwood this is a superb film and well worth a look - I rented this on Blu-ray and I'm glad I gave it a watch.
A remarkable film. J Michael Stracynski researched the story whilst waiting for another project to come along. He'd got disillusioned with television after the treatment of Babylon 5 and it's spin-offs and went into full creative mode. Only about 5% of the movie is inaccurate. They changed the emphasis of some characters and couldn't have known, for sure, what happened in the asylum.

It took me a while to get around to watching it because I got bored of the whole Brangelina B.S but its well worth watching..
Old 14th July 2010, 12:36 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Part 2 (Angela's Revenge) is actually pretty decent and does what it says on the tin. It's got Angela and she gets some bloody revenge (though revenge for what I'm not entirely sure...). The third one, Demon House, ain't too shabby either.
Old 14th July 2010, 02:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

yes NIGHT OF THE DEMON series is very decent .Its one of the few horror series that wasn't run into the ground or hurt by stinky sequeals.All 3 movies in the series are very entertaining fiulms.Not a stinker in the bunch
Old 14th July 2010, 10:11 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched BATTLE ROYALE last night, i haven't seen it in years and it's still an awesome film. i forgot they put up the bodycount...
Old 14th July 2010, 11:04 AM
Cultist

I watched the Omen sequels and the remake over the last few days. The worst of the bunch is definitely Omen IV and I didn't care much for II or III but the remake wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Julia Stiles was terrible and changing the trike for a scooter was lunacy but some of the deaths were done well and it was scary at times. The little kid is no match for the original Damien though.
Old 14th July 2010, 02:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

today i watched harpoon(thanks kyle) and ebola syndrome
Old 14th July 2010, 06:30 PM
Active Cultist

Opera
Critters 3
Old 14th July 2010, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
yes NIGHT OF THE DEMON series is very decent .Its one of the few horror series that wasn't run into the ground or hurt by stinky sequeals.All 3 movies in the series are very entertaining fiulms.Not a stinker in the bunch
Damn! wish I'd known! Could have got the whole collection on R1 quite cheap but plumpted for part 1 only! Bah!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!