All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2013, 08:43 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to THE MAYOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That room looks like a video rental store! Kudos.
would you like to become a member ?? lol
Old 6th January 2013, 08:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

**** yeah!

And I thought I had an impressive vhs collection back in the day.
That Warner Rental shelf looks superb!
THE MAYOR likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th January 2013, 08:55 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
**** yeah!

And I thought I had an impressive vhs collection back in the day.
That Warner Rental shelf looks superb!
thanks very much, i love it all i'd hate to lose it now i can't imagine how i'd replace let alone the amount of money it would take.
shame you got rid of yours
Old 6th January 2013, 10:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I originally planned to post a few pics of my small collection of die cast model cars and an update of my Arrow and Hardboxes collections, but...blimey, what fantastic collections have already been posted here!

I take my hat off to THE MAYOR!

Greetings!
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:10 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I originally planned to post a few pics of my small collection of die cast model cars and an update of my Arrow and Hardboxes collections, but...blimey, what fantastic collections have already been posted here!

I take my hat off to THE MAYOR!

Greetings!
thanks very much glad you like it all, i'm happy i joined this forum it's very friendly
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:37 PM
Cult Addict

Very impressed by the mayors collection. Kind of wish I hadn't got rid of all my tapes now. I actually had that nightmare maker vhs, got it from a second hand store bargain bin for a quid! That said my little terrace is pretty full with just dvds so vhs as well would be unmanageable.. still a lottery win could change that
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:42 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Very impressed by the mayors collection. Kind of wish I hadn't got rid of all my tapes now. I actually had that nightmare maker vhs, got it from a second hand store bargain bin for a quid! That said my little terrace is pretty full with just dvds so vhs as well would be unmanageable.. still a lottery win could change that
thanks, shame you got rid of your VHS good luck in winning lottery i've been trying since it started and still nothing lol.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:50 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MAYOR View Post
thanks, shame you got rid of your VHS good luck in winning lottery i've been trying since it started and still nothing lol.
Cheers, the big win still eludes me unfortunately. I used to have some cracking tapes, a few really obscure things as well. Basically as a teenager, every year i'd go down south to stay with relatives and spend ALL my cash at car boots, second hand stores ect on VHS, had mad stuff like the origional palace big box of basket case, the origional palace release of the killer, the origional turkey shoot and the legendary scaremaker (aka girls night out) with hal holbrook.

Weirdest tape I ever found was some alleged 'horror' movie called the hitch hike (not the david hess film) which was a really low budget 50 minute thing shot in the 70's which was basically two women getting raped by hitchhikers for the entire length of the film, pretty disgusting but I've not heard of anyone who has ever seen it since.
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

You wouldn't happen to have in your collection a hand held
electronic game from the 80's which you held like a pair of
binoculars? I cannot for the life of me figure out the name
of the gadget, but there was three different types of games
A shoot 'em up game, racing game and I can't remember
the third one. Maybe you know what I'm on about? One
word for your collection:WOW
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:14 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Cheers, the big win still eludes me unfortunately. I used to have some cracking tapes, a few really obscure things as well. Basically as a teenager, every year i'd go down south to stay with relatives and spend ALL my cash at car boots, second hand stores ect on VHS, had mad stuff like the origional palace big box of basket case, the origional palace release of the killer, the origional turkey shoot and the legendary scaremaker (aka girls night out) with hal holbrook.

Weirdest tape I ever found was some alleged 'horror' movie called the hitch hike (not the david hess film) which was a really low budget 50 minute thing shot in the 70's which was basically two women getting raped by hitchhikers for the entire length of the film, pretty disgusting but I've not heard of anyone who has ever seen it since.

hmmmm i've not heard of "the hitch hike" either i'll have to do some investigating. i'm very good at tracking down films, i like a challenge and this sounds like a good one to have a go at.
sounds like you had some real classics, i love car boot sales but nowadays you don't see any vhs or star wars or anything good for that matter.

i did a carboot sale last year i was selling off some records (i still have loads if anyone is interested)
there was nothing there it was just filled with crap lol heres a vid and some pics
boot sale 001.jpg

boot sale 002.jpg

bdc and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!