Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2016, 01:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

That looks a little more impressive than when Floyd did it, just the guys in the band on a carpet in the ampitheatre.

I do like Gilmour's solo stuff as well to be honest
Susan Foreman likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th July 2016, 12:00 PM
Cult Master

The Velvet Underground: Velvet Redux Live MCMXCIII

Maybe this is a prime example of 'Art-Rock', but it is painful viewing. Lou's 'singing' is excruciating, which is a shame because it has a great track selection

Think I'll stick with the classic Velvet Underground studio CD's!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th July 2016, 07:34 PM
Cult Master

I have just been flicking thru the Motorhead release '25 And Alive - Boneshaker', and have discovered there are a handful of Easter Eggs on it
  • During the concert, when the band play the song 'I'm So Bad', press the angle button on the control for the entire song with the camera just on Lemmy
  • In the Rogues Gallery, go to the picture of the plectrum. Press 'enter' for an acoustic out-take [2.25]
  • In the Rogues Gallery, go to the picture of the girl. Press 'enter' for a studio session [7.00]
  • In the Rogues Gallery, when each member of the band is pictured, highlight the Red Spade and press ‘Left’ for Lemmy's comments
  • In the Rogues Gallery, when the screen gets to Phil Taylor, highlight the Red Spade and press ‘down’ for newspaper articles about the band

Old 8th September 2016, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Theory Of Obscurity (2015, Don Hardy)

Overview of North Louisiana's Premier Beat Combo. If you want a warts n all The Dirt style expose, then you've been listening to the wrong band. Basically their story intermixed with footage from the 2014 tour. Some great anecdotes from a variety of fans, some a surprise to me. You either "get" them or you don't I've found, so enough preaching.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBukMmQBeM

Enjoy!!
mr 420 and nosferatu42 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th September 2016, 05:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Theory Of Obscurity (2015, Don Hardy)

Overview of North Louisiana's Premier Beat Combo. If you want a warts n all The Dirt style expose, then you've been listening to the wrong band. Basically their story intermixed with footage from the 2014 tour. Some great anecdotes from a variety of fans, some a surprise to me. You either "get" them or you don't I've found, so enough preaching.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBukMmQBeM

Enjoy!!
Quality,D! I'll be giving that a watch tonight.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 20th January 2017, 06:14 PM
Cult Master

'Black Sabbath: Live...Gathered In Their Masses' is a live show recorded at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia on April 29th and May 1st, 2013

Track listing:
War Pigs/Into The Void/Loner/Snowblind/Black Sabbath/Behind The Walls Of Sleep/N.I.B/Methademic/Fairies Wear Boots/Symptom Of The Universe/Iron Man/End Of The Beginning/Children Of The Grave/God Is Dead?/Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Intro)/Paranoid

First, the good. Tony Iommi is one of my guitar heroes. Alongside Jimmy Page, he is the only man who can take two single notes, and build a million different and catchy guitar riffs around them. This DVD really showcases his work. Geezer Butler is a great bass player. His thundering rhythms fit in perfectly. With Bill Ward being out of the band, drummer Tommy Clufetos (Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Rob Zombie) provides the backbeat, and he seems to be channeling his inner Keith Moon!

Now, the bad. Ozzy! Yes, I know that many people think he is a GOD, but he is an embarrassment. Whether it's throwing buckets of water over the crowd, speaking to the audience ('I can't f**king hear you', 'We f**king love you', 'Go f**king crazy', 'This next f**king song is called...') or doing the patented Ozzy dance (shuffle two steps to the left, jump up and down, shuffle four steps to the right, jump up and down, shuffle two steps to the microphone, 'Let me see your f**king hands', clap twice, shuffle two steps to the left, jump up and down etc) he really is out of it!

Musically, it's a great show and pretty much every song played is a classic if you can blank out the vocals

Old 21st August 2017, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Van Der Graaf Generator "Godbluff Live 1975". UK dvd.

Tis what it says on the tin. The band rattle through the album in Paris, augmented by studio versions of 2 early tracks (Theme 1, A Plague Of Lighthouse Keepers)
Whilst not my favourite VDGG album by any means it does contain a rather fiery version of Arrow, which is one of my favourite VDGG songs ahem. An acquired taste certainly but rather this than Yes

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st August 2017, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Quality,D! I'll be giving that a watch tonight.
I know tis a bit late, but what did ye think??

[B]
Old 21st August 2017, 09:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Within Temptation - Hydra Live in Amsterdam

U2 -Elevation live in Boston

Pearl Jam Touring Band.

Three excellent gigs, musically all very different as well. Within Temptation was the glossiest and flashiest but Pearl Jam Touring Band was the most interesting as every song was from a different show on the tour yet segued into each other perfectly. It was also the roughest filmed without a HD camera in sight - Superb stuff. U2 again show what a fine live band they are, away from Bono's 'saving the world' histrionics.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:26 PM
Cult Veteran

I've watched that Hydra DVD quite a few times I really enjoy it. The Elements concert as well.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!