Old 10th April 2015, 01:33 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Way too complex.
If he carries on in this way, it may as well be built of sand!
Old 10th April 2015, 01:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just out of interest: is Mister CR only Mister CR (i.e. his DVD and Blu-ray business is his main and only job) or is he doing this part-time (i.e. he has a secondary occupation)?
Old 10th April 2015, 01:57 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Just out of interest: is Mister CR only Mister CR (i.e. his DVD and Blu-ray business is his main and only job) or is he doing this part-time (i.e. he has a secondary occupation)?
As far as I am aware it's his only job.
Old 10th April 2015, 02:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
As far as I am aware it's his only job.
This makes sense. He seems to be pretty smart when it comes to excuses and 'explanations', but he never mentions having a second job.
Old 10th April 2015, 05:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I heard (read?) somewhere that when he released the Just Before Dawn, Savage Streets, Redeemer and Nightmare Blu's, he had a bunch of British buyers get refunded by Paypal because the discs were taking too long to arrive, two weeks and the refunds were being paid, then the discs would arrive, he also said that on top of that 20 people contacted him for replacement discs as theirs never arrived. He refuted that 20 parcels could go missing in one shipment.

If, and I stress, if, that is true then I can understand his refusal to sell to the UK even if he has a certain charming way of informing us of it. I wrote to him at the time and suggested that if the above was the case why not insist on UK buyers paying for signed delivery.

In return I got a half English, half gibberish reply. Ahh well, I tried!
Old 10th April 2015, 06:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

With Code Red being such a difficult company to work with, i was just wondering if 88 Films would be able to release Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker, Julie Darling, and The Eerie Midnight Horror Show in the UK?
Old 10th April 2015, 09:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Yeah he does mate.He works at a military academy,and anyone who DARES to acquire rights to a title gets this.....

Mr 88 Films...watch yer back!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th April 2015, 09:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

ANYWAY

another nice title from the NICE people at 88.

My US version is Elvis.

Left the building.......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th April 2015, 03:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Looking through 88's Facebook page there is a facetious and un-necessary comment from them to a chap who asked if Deep River Savages was going to be uncut before he spent his hard earned on it. To wit; "If you need the animal cruelty then, yes, Man from Deep River won't be for you." 3 April.

It is not about "needing" to see the animal violence at all, it is about seeing the directors integral vision of their film the way they wanted it to be seen at the time it was made. Not cut to pieces 30 years later because attitudes have changed in the interim. If they had said that due to UK law the animal scenes were now not permissible, that answer would be better than trying to make a potential customer feel like they are a sick animal killing voyeur.

The comment is alienating and insinuating, crass, juvenile and used as an attacking defence, a tactic well below a company who should really know better. It's like saying they will cut the baby eating scene from Anthropophagus and release it cut because, "If you need to see a foetus being ripped from the womb and eaten, then Anthro is not for you."

C'mon guys, shape up, as 88 feel it necessary to put "uncut and uncensored" on the sleeves of their releases are they now going to state, "Cut to ribbons."?
Old 11th April 2015, 03:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't think the comment was meant that way, more that if you consider the (likely cut) animal violence to be essential then there is little point in buying the 88 Films' release. If, however, you can live without it (some people prefer not having the animal violence, such as Nordicdusk, who wondered if the Grindhouse Releasing version of Cannibal Ferox will have a version without the animal cruelty), then the cuts shouldn't be a problem.

Like this? Share it using the links below!