LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2011, 07:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah,that was another great feature!
So go on , do you have the stand alone version or the Frankenstein created women double bill?
Old 2nd May 2011, 07:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I used to have both stand alone but the Warner print slaughters the ABUS so sold my Seven Golden Vampires. Shame about the extras and you never know, I may try and pick it up again sometime.

My only concern is that the ABUS Frankenstein Created Woman was notorious for disc rot so I hope it lasts.
Old 2nd May 2011, 07:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I used to have both stand alone but the Warner print slaughters the ABUS so sold my Seven Golden Vampires. Shame about the extras and you never know, I may try and pick it up again sometime.
Really.

Food for thought .
Old 25th May 2011, 08:09 PM
Active Cultist

Ordered Vampire Circus today. One of the few 70's Hammers I haven't seen.
Old 25th May 2011, 08:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
Ordered Vampire Circus today. One of the few 70's Hammers I haven't seen.
Start looking forward to it. Vampire Circus is a very good movie - a little less foggy than usual Hammer flicks, but with more gore instead. But it is still obvious that it is a Hammer entry. I highly recommend it as one of the best movies of the studio's later period - together with Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde.

Greetings!
Old 25th May 2011, 08:38 PM
Active Cultist

I am looking foward to it. Apart from the obvious classics, the sleazier 70's stuff near the end of the old studio are my faves. Twins of Evil, Lust for a Vamp etc.
dream demon likes this.
Old 25th May 2011, 08:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
I am looking foward to it. Apart from the obvious classics, the sleazier 70's stuff near the end of the old studio are my faves. Twins of Evil, Lust for a Vamp etc.
Oh dear, how could I forget Twins of Evil.
Great Hammer and an even greater Cushing!
And: it also stars the two classic icons David Warbeck and Dennis Price - fantastic!

Greetings!
Old 5th June 2011, 06:04 PM
Active Cultist

As expected, I loved Vamp Circus. Got that brilliant atmosphere, a bit of trashy nudity and I loved the idea of the village being cut off due to the plague thingy.

Brilliant.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

after acquiring the 21 disc Hammer set, ive been well pleased to catch up a few i hadnt seen/forgotten about...including Straight on til Morning (wow, very like Twisted Nerve IMO, check this out), The Witches (pre wicker man shenanigans..), rewatching Fear in the Night just reaffirmed wht we all love Cushing (he lights up the screen every time he appears, not something you can say about Ralph Bates....) also perused Scars of Dracula with the comm, Troughton wasted in tiny role, but Jenny Hanley made up for it, HARUMPH.

am a bit pissed off that The Anniversary isnt on it though...
platostotal likes this.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm about to embark on a massive Hammer spree spread over the next few weeks....

Started off with THE WITCHES (1966) last night, one of my most-watched hammer's. As TheHamish says, it must have been an influence on the wickerman and later pagan / 'witchy' films. Love Joan Fontaine in it, she along with Deborah Kerr are easily my favourite of the classic hollywood leading ladies and its great to see her in a hammer horror, just as it was great to see Deborah Kerr the classic THE INNOCENTS (1961) and the less well known (but extremely good) hammer-like horror EYE OF THE DEVIL (1966). Perhaps they have both done other horror films I'm not aware of ??

Going to watch the Dracula's in chronological order starting tonight I think.

What's everyone's most-watched Hammer then? I think mine must be PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES, followed closely by both THE WITCHES, NIGHT CREATURES (CAPTAIN CLEGG) and HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!