Like Tree2092Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2017, 06:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
From Box Office Mojo.

Sounds like those who have been paid to say it's the great aren't in tune with it's actual audiences.

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Delivers Second Largest Opening Ever - Box Office Mojo

With the second largest opening ever Disney won't be letting go of Star Wars anytime soon. They'll still be churning them out long after many of us have left this world.
Rotten tomatoes is a complete joke now and should not be taking seriously it's become a breeding ground for haters and troll's.

Most wont of seen it and we will have those who made there minds up well before seeing it, it will be the same people who have hated the new star trek show.
Old 17th December 2017, 07:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Rotten tomatoes is a complete joke now and should not be taking seriously it's become a breeding ground for haters and troll's.

Most wont of seen it and we will have those who made there minds up well before seeing it, it will be the same people who have hated the new star trek show.
This sounds like the first time you've agreed with the critics then whom you normally complain at.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 17th December 2017, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
This sounds like the first time you've agreed with the critics then whom you normally complain at.
I suppose and I won't find out either way till tomorrow, but don't think it's as bad as these people make out but also I can't see I being up there with the originals, but I stand by what I said about rotten tomatoes, just seems we have a culture of people who just hate everything and have a desperate need for attention.

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th December 2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 17th December 2017, 10:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
From Box Office Mojo.

Sounds like those who have been paid to say it's the great aren't in tune with it's actual audiences.

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Delivers Second Largest Opening Ever - Box Office Mojo

With the second largest opening ever Disney won't be letting go of Star Wars anytime soon. They'll still be churning them out long after many of us have left this world.
Well dear Bob Iger won't be complaining anytime soon. The critics are certainly kept sweet. It all aids the growing box-office returns and share price of Disney. The backlash is certainly growing, though this won't ultimately affect the next installment of the Star Wars saga.

How could it go wrong. JJ Abrams is directing. So I suppose cinema goers will be subjected to a re-make of Return of the Jedi.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th December 2017, 10:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I suppose and I won't find out either way till tomorrow, but don't think it's as bad as these people make out but also I can't see I being up there with the originals, but I stand by what I said about rotten tomatoes, just seems we have a culture of people who just hate everything and have a desperate need for attention.

I suspect you're like it.

Just make certain you take a duvet and pillow with you. Especially with the films length. You might need a rest in the mid-section of the movie. Good luck!
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 17th December 2017, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Well dear Bob Iger won't be complaining anytime soon. The critics are certainly kept sweet. It all aids the growing box-office returns and share price of Disney. The backlash is certainly growing, though this won't ultimately affect the next installment of the Star Wars saga.

How could it go wrong. JJ Abrams is directing. So I suppose cinema goers will be subjected to a re-make of Return of the Jedi.
I can imagine the discussion years from now.

Quote:
Can't you all just shut up about the original trilogy?
Quote:
Yes, but they were easily the best
Quote:
Oh come on hivemind.jr. They were 32 films ago, it's really boring keep harking back. This is 2025, get with it.
trebor8273 and hivemind like this.
Old 17th December 2017, 10:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I can imagine the discussion years from now.
Yeah!

Swings and roundabouts. The usual.

The only beneficial element to all of this is that the original trilogy is where Star Wars started. Hive Jnr will get the full benefit of knowing what REAL quality is all about.

There's no way these new films will be admired and respected in another 20yrs. Judging by some of the views expressed by You Tubers who can just barely remember the prequels, these new films will be forgotten about. I'm only too happy to take the prequels and the original trilogy, so are some of the people we spoke to outside the cinema in Truro who were much, much younger than me. Many of them prefer the original films and prequels to this bland/unoriginal triliogy, and would totally forget the rest, bar Rogue One, which does have issues, but is by far the best Disney/Lucasfilm production developed by the house of mouse. I should of taken a microphone and posted the reaction of people leaving the cinema on here. Those that I spoke to felt somewhat cheated by the film. There was very few that I spoke to that actually liked it.
Old 17th December 2017, 10:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Yeah!

Swings and roundabouts. The usual.

The only beneficial element to all of this is that the original trilogy is where Star Wars started. Hive Jnr will get the full benefit of knowing what REAL quality is all about.

There's no way these new films will be admired and respected in another 20yrs. Judging by some of the views expressed by You Tubers who can just barely remember the prequels, these new films will be forgotten about. I'm only too happy to take the prequels and the original trilogy, so are some of the people we spoke to outside the cinema in Truro who were much, much younger than me. Many of them prefer the original films and prequels to this bland/unoriginal triliogy, and would totally forget the rest, bar Rogue One, which does have issues, but is by far the best Disney/Lucasfilm production developed by the house of mouse. I should of taken a microphone and posted the reaction of people leaving the cinema on here. Those that I spoke to felt somewhat cheated by the film. There was very few that I spoke to that actually liked it.
Just wait until the Mouse decides Jedi can gender swap using the Force.
Old 17th December 2017, 10:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Just wait until the Mouse decides Jedi can gender swap using the Force.

God help us. Or should that be may the force help us. Anything is possible now. The drive to alter the very notion of what went before will be ever more so imperative to Disney. Just saddens me Dem to see a perfectly decent film series being shafted like this, but then we knew Disney would never respect Lucas's vision for Star Wars.

If only we could turn back time. There's a decent song in that.

CHER!!! WHERE ARE YOU?

Forgot. We have to forget the past, and look to the future.

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

How I miss the past. RIP
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th December 2017, 11:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just looked at the reviews on IMDB and people seem to hate it BUT it is suspicious that a lot of them have just joined up in the last few days and I really couldn't take the guy seriously that gave all the DC films 10/10!

But I'll see tomorrow if it's good,bad or just OK.

Those that don't like it, is a bad movie or just a bad star wars movie?

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th December 2017 at 11:22 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!