Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2018, 02:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default A Very English Scandal

The end of two excellent series...A Very English Scandal...see's the trial of Thorpe (Hugh Grant) and his associates at the carpet wholesale warehouse...to say the Judge was biased in favour of Thorpe is an understatement,but Ben Whishaw as Norman Scott proves to be more than a match when it comes to the crunch...Again some great moments of comedy,especially the confusion over John Le Mesurier...Also a surprising appearance by Patrick Marber (Alan Partridge writer) as Peter Taylor Q.C...
Also the last episode of the fifth series of Friday Night Dinner see's Jim's dog Wilson doing his dollops all over the The Goodman's garden...But there's a death also a crumble...thats just crumble...great mixture of pathos (unusual for this show) and the usual hilarity...I laughed so much it hurt...brilliant.

Old 10th June 2018, 09:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cloak-and-Dagger-TV-Series.jpg

MARVEL'S CLOAK AND DAGGER

EP1 'First Light'
EP2 'Suicide Sprints'

Two teens discover they have special powers. Tandy can create light daggers in her hands and Tyrone can teleport. The bad situations in their lives will bring them together..

Good but quite drawn out start to the show. It's early days but there is more to come from both characters power wise.
It's all a bit grim so far as we see the crappy lives these two have.
I'm not expecting Dagger to appear as she does in the comics, ha ha.
Anyway, so far, so good.
Old 10th June 2018, 09:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Blake Harrison has just scored the winning penalty in the Soccer Aid match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-10-15h27m14s419.jpg (63.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 10th June 2018, 10:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As well as watching space 1999 and UFO, been watching Sherlock Holmes. Jeremy Brett IS Sherlock Holmes a mesmerising and fantastic performance.
Old 10th June 2018, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ve been rewatching Sherlock Holmes too, except I’ve been watching the one with Benadryl Cumbucket instead
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th June 2018, 10:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’ve been rewatching Sherlock Holmes too, except I’ve been watching the one with Benadryl Cumbucket instead
He gives a fantastic performance as well but for me Brett just inches ahead.
Old 10th June 2018, 11:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Miller>Cumberretch.

Gotham season 2. Great. James Frain always plays villains!
Old 14th June 2018, 06:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Sadly The Champions seems to be stalling.

It's too low budget for it's supposedly globe trotting escapades. It might say it's Mexico for example but it's quite obviously just shot at an Elstree backlot.

In a way it shouldn't be a problem but when the same sets are reused it can be a bit of a distraction. Back when these aired people would see an episode a week and wouldn't notice.

Damn you binge watching 2010's idiot!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 19th June 2018, 08:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching Cobra Kai which is better than I was expecting, 30 years after the movies Daniel is now rich and successful while his rival and high school nemesis is down on his luck and life spiralled down after high school. When saving a high school student from being beating up he decides to reopen the Cobra Kai school, which opens up old wounds for Daniel. Strangely from the episodes i have watched it seems to be a role reversal as Daniel has become a bit a of a prick. Recommend for fans of the films.

On a side note Ralph Macchio looks amazing for his age, thinking he was a few years older than me, but was amazed that he is actually 56!

Watched the first two episodes of the blu ray of hammer house of horror and a great job has been done in the restoration, but the episodes seem in a different order from the DVD release.

Finished captain scarlet and watched the opening episodes of new captain scarlet which is a lot darker in tone and has better writing, but the CGI is pretty poor and feels like something from mid 90s not 2008.

Last edited by trebor8273; 19th June 2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 19th June 2018, 09:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now watching this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!