Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13852Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2016, 11:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

daredevil season 2, i dont think its live yet, but thats my weekend viewing sorted
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 18th March 2016, 04:04 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
daredevil season 2, i dont think its live yet, but thats my weekend viewing sorted

Been live since this morning. I'm on episode 5, and should be finished tonight, or more likely tomorrow morning, since I'll be watching Pee-Wee's Big Holiday on Netflix later.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 18th March 2016, 04:22 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Very good so far, although on the whole it's not as good as Children of the Stones... at least so far.
I've just started season 2, which certainly starts with a bang - plus you can see they were allocated more budget for this one too mainly in the amount of effects that are used... there also seem to be more 'extras' milling about the labyrinth in the various time zones.

The first season ended on a nicely macabre note (for a kids TV show anyway) but overall was a little repetitive (even for a kids TV show) on the whole... however still enjoyable enough. I'm enjoying season 2 a little more so far and it seems a little less repetitive (at least at present) in terms of the plot per episode... only two episodes in so far though so we shall see if I'm humming a different tune come the end!
Old 18th March 2016, 05:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Been live since this morning. I'm on episode 5, and should be finished tonight, or more likely tomorrow morning, since I'll be watching Pee-Wee's Big Holiday on Netflix later.
As good as the first?

edit
just watched the first 4 episodes, excellent stuff just as good as the first
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 18th March 2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 19th March 2016, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Some Mothers do Ave Em.

Terrific ten minute short on last night's Sport Relief as Frank attempts to get to the London Velodrome to see daughter Jessica race.

If one old show could still make a comeback it's this. Michael Crawford really does possess the old magic, both in his comic timing and athleticism. Seriously, at 74 the stuff he did in this was amazing. From catching a lift on a bus in roller skates to hanging on the back of Bradley Wiggins bike. His years of theatre work in shows like Barnum have kept him immensely fit.

Lovely to see Michele Dotrice return and the introduction of now adult daughter Jessica, as played absolutely perfectly by Gemma Arterton.

Any fans of the old series should catch this on IPlayer or Youtube. It's far better than Open All Hours and i really hope it's a prelude to a new series or Christmas special with Crawford, Dotrice and Arterton.

Excellent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 103225.jpg (99.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 19th March 2016, 06:34 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched all 13 episodes of Daredevil season 2 between yesterday and today, and it was bloody brilliant. The highlight of the season is obviously Jon Bernthal, who gives an amazing performance as Frank Castle/ The Punisher. I can only hope that Netflix gives him his own show. If that doesn't happen, at the very least we'll see him again on Daredevil, as the show leaves some stuff hanging that can be picked up next season.
Old 19th March 2016, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Watched all 13 episodes of Daredevil season 2 between yesterday and today, and it was bloody brilliant. The highlight of the season is obviously Jon Bernthal, who gives an amazing performance as Frank Castle/ The Punisher. I can only hope that Netflix gives him his own show. If that doesn't happen, at the very least we'll see him again on Daredevil, as the show leaves some stuff hanging that can be picked up next season.
Agree on Jon bernthal, forget Thomas Jane, Dolph etc Jon is the punisher. Halfway point of the season and it's fantastic and hope like you he gets his own show.
Old 19th March 2016, 08:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Finished Buffy season 7 (the last) again. It's a curious season; 6 and 7 are probably the weakest of the whole series (and I can't quite tell which of the two I prefer, they're both flawed). There's generally a lot to like, with a very strong central arc (much stronger than 6) and some very good individual episodes and characters (Nathan Fillion all but steals the last 5 episodes as super-powered psycho preacher Caleb), yet a lot of the regulars seem ill-served (Xander and Dawn in particular) while Spike gets arguably too much attention. As a result the character development of most of the regulars seems far more lax than ever before, and even Willow (who gets more attention than, say, Xander) still seems ill-served; the initial fall-out of her going batshit nuts at the end of season 6 is well enough handled, but her relationship with Kennedy is very poor indeed, with almost no build-up (Kennedy flirts with her maybe twice and then in one episode they're suddenly a couple) and basically zero attention (aside from a couple of snogging scenes) afterward. Compared to her relationships with Oz and Tara, it all feels very lukewarm indeed, and the fact that Kennedy is not a particularly likeable character (or well-suited to her) doesn't help either. So it's a strange season, though I think the positives probably just about outweigh the negatives. Far prefer seasons 1-5 though.
Old 19th March 2016, 08:25 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Agree on Jon bernthal, forget Thomas Jane, Dolph etc Jon is the punisher. Halfway point of the season and it's fantastic and hope like you he gets his own show.

Yeah, I like all the Punisher movies and actors, especially Dolph, but as you say, Jon Bernthal IS The Punisher. I know a few people (myself included), were bummed that we never saw Frank Grillo take on the role, after his all but in name turn in The Purge: Anarchy, probably due to him already playing Crossbones in the MCU films, but Bernthal has nailed it, and when you finally see him in full costume with skull across his chest, you know Marvel have finally gotten the character right.
Old 19th March 2016, 09:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Treme Season 3 - life is beautiful, life is shit. Nothing sums that up as well as Treme. People get knocked down, but get straight up. Extremely uplifting and with five episodes to go, it could become a favourite.

The music is sublime.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!