Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2010, 10:29 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

My favourite is either OUT FOR JUSTICE or MARKED FOR DEATH, I can't make my mind up.
Old 19th August 2010, 07:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I like most of Segal's film pre 2000. After this there are some good ones but also some dodgy ones where his voice is overdubbed; cant recall there names. Oh and has anyone seen ritchie?
Old 19th August 2010, 08:06 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You'll find that most of his films of the direct to dvd variety contain at least a little bit of dubbing, either from laziness on his part or he's straight on to the next film and has no time to go back into the studio to do some adr, and oh yes, I'm gonna keep coming back until somebody remembers seeing Richie.
Old 21st August 2010, 01:06 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Oh and has anyone seen ritchie?
Anyone know why Richie did Bobby Lupo?

Didn't read through the whole thread, but I'd hazard a guess someone's posted this...

But, hey... It's never a bad time to see the ball-punisher in action
Old 21st August 2010, 10:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

That was ball busting to watch
Old 21st August 2010, 12:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
My favourite is either OUT FOR JUSTICE or MARKED FOR DEATH, I can't make my mind up.
Absolute classic vintage Seagal both of 'em!

Unapologetically and gratuitously violent action on an old school scale!

You've gotta like the line in OFJ where our hero describes one waitress as "The one with nipples you could dial a phone with!".

Also, in MFD "One thought he was invincible. The other thought he could fly. They were both wrong!".

I believe HMV now have both On Deadly Ground and Hard To Kill available again for sale on DVD. According to DVD Compare the latter title is uncut but i've no idea if the former film is intact this time around. I'd like to think so though. It'd also be nice to see these releases boasting the trailers featured on the R1 editions, too.
Old 24th August 2010, 03:05 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Marked For Death is my fave by a long way. Not for the Seagull but for Screwface and his crew. Bloodclart!!!
Old 24th August 2010, 11:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Marked For Death is my fave by a long way. Not for the Seagull but for Screwface and his crew. Bloodclart!!!
I have a right laugh at the scene where Screwface and his posse trap Seagal in his car with the intention of blowing him up.
The look of desperation on our hero's face and the way Seagal repeatedly slaps the inside of the vehicle in a hurried attempt to escape gets me going everytime!

"I want you to meet my sister, goddess of fire!"

I seem to recall MFD was apparently accused of being racist at the time of the film's release.
Some do-gooders (Bah!) were unhappy i believe at the sight of a white hero decimating a selection of black bad guys. However, the criticism soon ground to a halt when it was pointed out that Seagal's friend and co-crimefighter in the movie is also black, in this case the veteran actor Keith David. Also, there were some caucasian cast members killed off in MFD too and not just black performers.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:07 AM
Active Cultist

Just picked up a trio of lesser Seagal movies for $3 each.
Attack Force, Half Past Dead and Fire Down Below.

Has his "Lawman" show aired over in the UK yet?
Old 26th August 2010, 10:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
Has his "Lawman" show aired over in the UK yet?
I believe so and i think the program in question screens in double-bill broadcasts on Sky channel Fiver.
Lawman is also available on U.K. DVD too. I've never actually watched Seagal's fly-on-the-wall crime fighting frolics but i imagine the series to be sorta like COPS only with a more famous police officer enforcing the law!

Like this? Share it using the links below!