Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2014, 01:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The film was okay, quite a bit silly in places but does have a fantastic fight scene near the end that is a true JC classic fights, stunts and humour combination we've all grown to love

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th August 2014, 02:27 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Had a great time too. I even got to stand up and ask a question too. I can die a happy man now that I've looked Jackie in the eye and spoke to him.
Which question was you, Ant?

I wanted to get up and ask him what he though of some of the recent hyper violent action films, like the Raid 1 & 2, but I wasn't brave enough

Chinese Zodiac is certainly not his best film but worth a watch if you're a fan. It's a lot of fun and there are some classic Jackie fight scenes and stunts to enjoy.
Old 13th August 2014, 03:46 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Had a great time too. I even got to stand up and ask a question too. I can die a happy man now that I've looked Jackie in the eye and spoke to him.
Must be an amazing feeling to talk to one of your heros.
Old 13th August 2014, 03:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRange View Post
Which question was you, Ant?

I wanted to get up and ask him what he though of some of the recent hyper violent action films, like the Raid 1 & 2, but I wasn't brave enough

Chinese Zodiac is certainly not his best film but worth a watch if you're a fan. It's a lot of fun and there are some classic Jackie fight scenes and stunts to enjoy.
I was the second guy who asked "Who, living or dead, would you most like to work with?" For those that weren't there he said Bruce Lee, Steven Spielberg and James Cameron
Not the best of questions but I had to think of something to say whilst I stood in the queue to talk. I was so nervous but excited that my mind went blank. I just couldn't believe I was minutes away from talking to my idol. At one point I actually thought I might have fainted as I got really dizzy and my mouth went super dry. Survived it though, and I'll never forget it
MrRange likes this.

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th August 2014, 04:27 PM
Cult Master

Totally off-topic, but the surgeon I saw in Thailand was the spitting image of Jackie Chan!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th August 2014, 09:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Empire podcast is up..... http://www.empireonline.com/podcast/
I'm on at about 22:10

Old 15th August 2014, 07:53 AM
Cultist

I just bought myself the Japanese Police Story Steelbook Blu Ray. Not sure why, I think I am still on a Jackie high from Monday...

Old 15th August 2014, 11:40 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRange View Post
I just bought myself the Japanese Police Story Steelbook Blu Ray. Not sure why, I think I am still on a Jackie high from Monday...

Good buy! As much as I'd like it I can't warrant the expense especially as I wouldn't be able to watch it unless I learnt Chinese or Japanese

Old 29th August 2014, 10:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Can't believe it, Police Story 3 is on Film4HD right now and it's the full uncut hk edit and subtitled. Never saw that coming

Old 7th September 2014, 06:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

I heard Chinese Zodiac was titled Chinese Zodiac: Armour Of God III in Asia
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!