All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2008, 02:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
An excellent film in which the BBFC made some incredibly daft cuts to in the 60's.
Yes a maggot shot for starters
Old 26th July 2008, 03:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Yes the BBFC cuts of the 60's for X-rated films make for incredibly daft and stupid reading. The funniest must be the removal of shots of a 'woman's mad face' in Homicidal and a closeup of 'Dracula's bloodstained teeth' in Taste The Blood Of Dracula.

What on earth was Trevelyan on at the time?
He was on Fermanaphone-a drug which side effects include a fascination for scissors.....
Old 27th July 2008, 09:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Here are a couple of pics from the scenes in "100 Tears" which got axed for the German DVD release (Texts in German only):

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schni....php?ID=290075
Old 29th July 2008, 11:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just watched "I Dismember Mama" under its alternate title of "Crazed". One thing struck me and that was how lacking in violence it was, aside from a couple of stranglings and a naked prostitute I saw nothing else. I've since watched the trailer and it shows the housekeeper naked...

Can anyone tell me exactly what was cut? According to the BBFC a whopping 5 minutes+ were cut out though their release date contradicts Pre-cert.co.uk's...
Old 29th July 2008, 01:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I haven't seen the film but according to Nigel Burrell in his review of the film in UNCUT 14. the BBFC removed 4m from the scene where Albert slashes the maid to death whilst attempting rape, along with other snippets of sleaze and gore.

The pre cert under the dreadfully unappealling title Poor Albert and Little Annie was uncut.
Old 29th July 2008, 05:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks for that Angel. After hearing how nasty this was I couldn't help but wonder what I had missed and it sounds like a lot. It was a bit bizarre how it cut off from the housekeeper.

It was surprisingly good, I sometimes find these downbeat 70s home invasion movies are a little too downbeat for their own good. Savage Intruder, Blood Bride and Scream Bloody Murder are 3 examples right off the top of my head. They have almost zero entertainment. Crazed though for some very strange reason I found absorbing, just a shame the cut violence ruined it ****ing censorship.
Old 29th July 2008, 05:59 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
He was on Fermanaphone-a drug which side effects include a fascination for scissors.....

I just read this and thought "I'm sure that isn't the word for that symptom" - d'oh!
Old 1st August 2008, 04:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

"Gutterballs" is out on DVD in Germany since yesterday- AFTER having lost 15 (!!!!) minutes on the censor's cutting room floor.
The obligatory Austrian uncut release has already been announced to follow at some later point this year....
Old 1st August 2008, 05:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well that doesn't surprise me. I wonder what was left of the rape scene? Best most if it is gone. Also the hardcore sex murder/scene must have been removed and the sexualised mutilation of the transvestite character must also have been removed. Apart from this cuts to every murder would have been likely because it is an incredibly violent film.

Doubt they will cut 15m here but the cuts wil be heavy.

Can't see it passing in Australia either.

Last edited by Angel; 1st August 2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 3rd August 2008, 03:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Here is a link to a list with pics of what went missing in the "cut-by-15-mins" German DVD of "Gutterballs".
Texts in German only though....

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schni....php?ID=530188

Like this? Share it using the links below!