Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
a 6 for chinatown?
bu...but...
it's chinatown!
Yeah, ill or not, that's pretty inexcusable!
Old 16th May 2012, 03:34 PM
Cult Master

images.jpg

Murder very beautiful women and loads of tits whats not to like about this film.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 16th May 2012, 03:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I thought this might happen, i gave it a 6 for my enjoyment and future viewing chances, i agree that its a great film and is very well made ect but i dont see it as a film i would watch again, some film i want to watch straight away after its finished others i would watch again very soon if someone i know wanted to put it on but not with Chinatown.

i think its mainly because it reminded me of watching columbo or murder she wrote but without the happy ending. as good as they are, once you know who did it the mystery is gone and so is the chances of me wanting to see it again.

lastly i think noir type films are not for me it seems

Old 16th May 2012, 04:11 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
So could you all tell me your honest opinion of Fulci's Zombie, just to get a rough idea of what to expect? Thanks

Zombie is a pretty good flick and one of Fulci's better movies.

It is a little slow in some parts but the atmosphere is awesome and the soundtrack really helps the film and adds to the sense of dread.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 16th May 2012, 04:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I thought this might happen, i gave it a 6 for my enjoyment and future viewing chances, i agree that its a great film and is very well made ect but i dont see it as a film i would watch again, some film i want to watch straight away after its finished others i would watch again very soon if someone i know wanted to put it on but not with Chinatown.
So your 6/10 was based largely on enjoyment factory rather than quality? In both categories, I rate it 10/10, but that's because I enjoy watching a great film if that makes sense.
Old 16th May 2012, 04:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
So your 6/10 was based largely on enjoyment factory rather than quality? In both categories, I rate it 10/10, but that's because I enjoy watching a great film if that makes sense.
Really a 10?

Yeah if it was on quality then it would have been higher but I think its unfair to rate a film on quality, if i did then some films like most troma or full moon films would havr a very low rating even though i think they can be great and very enjoyable
Old 16th May 2012, 07:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Really a 10?
Yes, really. I similarly enjoy films including Citizen Kane, Tokyo Story and Vertigo – those which regularly sit atop 'greatest ever films' lists.
Old 16th May 2012, 07:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I'd also give Chinatown a 10/10 - it's one of my favourite films.
Old 16th May 2012, 07:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Yes, really. I similarly enjoy films including Citizen Kane, Tokyo Story and Vertigo – those which regularly sit atop 'greatest ever films' lists.
You mean the kind of films most folk pretend to like to appear intelligent . . .
Old 16th May 2012, 09:45 PM
Cult Addict

Not been watching anything as highbrow as chinatown.

1. MORTUARY (1981) after putting up with sub par vhs rips its really nice to see this in supurb picture quality. The scorpion release on the katerina label not only looks the business but has more gore to boot. Worth watching as a great little slasher picture, an early bill paxton role and the ever great CHRISTOPHER GEORGE and LINDA DAY GEORGE. Supurb early eighties exploitation fare! Also of note is the origional theatrical trailer on the disc. Shot especially to promote the film it features the great michael berryman (hills have eyes).

2.WIZARD OF GORE. (remake). Not as bad as was made out to me but not great either, a bit of a pretencious mess, but the film did seem to at least have something to say.

3.MASTER OF FLYING GUILLOTINE.

First time seeing this... F*****G AMAZING MOVIE!!! Genuinelly brilliant kung fu movie from start to finish with some excellent kung-fu battles and some messy decapitations and the most bad-ass blind guy ever (and yes i'm including zatoichi in that list)

heres the unsubbed opening for no other reason than its bloody fantastic and features plenty of the killer soundtrack.
Kyle likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!