All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2013, 10:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
Blair Witch Project is an amazing film, you should also check out The Last Broadcast, it plays out more as documentary than a found footage but is nevertheless great.
Watched The Woman in Black last night; great horror film, just don't get why it's a 12 though
I was surprised how well I enjoyed the women in Black, but I detested Blair witch project went pics to watch it, Never seen it since so might give it's whirl and see what I think off it now.
Old 17th May 2013, 10:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I was surprised how well I enjoyed the women in Black, but I detested Blair witch project went pics to watch it, Never seen it since so might give it's whirl and see what I think off it now.
To be fair when you compare The Blair Witch Project to the newer found footage movies (Paranormal Activity etc.), you'll appreciate it a lot more.
troggi likes this.
Old 17th May 2013, 10:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Love sinbad films They are great.
I love Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion FX; as for the live actors in the films, I can take them or leave them.Mind you, Torin Thatcher and Tom Baker are great in The 7th Voyage and The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.
gag and SCM like this.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
To be fair when you compare The Blair Witch Project to the newer found footage movies (Paranormal Activity etc.), you'll appreciate it a lot more.
Don't like them either should have stopped after 1st one they are dull boring laughable, my son drags me to pics to watch each one, don't know why because he even walks out by end off film and says that was rubbish, maybe because I pay ..
troggi and SCM like this.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I love Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion FX; as for the live actors in the films, I can take them or leave them.Mind you, Torin Thatcher and Tom Baker are great in The 7th Voyage and The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.
I also like Jason and argonauts as well, love these type of films but no so much as the more modern version all the oldies are hundred times better.
troggi likes this.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don't think they make films as good as they use to, they concentrated on the film, today it's al about cg, special effects, big actors, how much money can they throw at the film, the directors etc etc et the list is endless years ago it wasn't it was just a film with good story plot etc, I've always said the oldies are the best, look at a lot of today's films it's all about making money, look at a film that might get film of the year but few year down the line people have forgot about it or whine it rubbish anyway and a lot of film collectors from yesteryear stick with the oldies even the newbies stick with the oldies and moan so much about the latest releases etc etc. when you went to rent a VHS you barely new what half the films where and spend ages deciding what to watch and chances are you enjoyed more than disliked, now you even know what half the films are before they are even released and you tend to dislike more than you do like.
troggi likes this.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Don't like them either should have stopped after 1st one they are dull boring laughable, my son drags me to pics to watch each one, don't know why because he even walks out by end off film and says that was rubbish, maybe because I pay ..
you'll like this
Old 17th May 2013, 11:49 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Although I liked (and still do), the first Paranormal Activity, that trailer is pretty much spot on.
Old 17th May 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
you'll like this
that is brilliant and so spot on.
Old 17th May 2013, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

I watched Swimfan which is a teenage remake of Fatal Attraction. I did enjoy it as the girl turned into a right nutjob. For the 12 BBFC rating there was a lot of violence in it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!