Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179840Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2014, 11:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist

It sounds like there won't be a standard release from Synapse, but I really doubt whether the steels will sell out any time soon. I don't think there's any reason for those on the fence to feel the 'fear of missing out' yet.
Old 25th February 2014, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
It sounds like there won't be a standard release from Synapse, but I really doubt whether the steels will sell out any time soon. I don't think there's any reason for those on the fence to feel the 'fear of missing out' yet.
Maybe they will licence the transfers overseas then?

They were pretty adamant about not shipping outside of America.
Old 25th February 2014, 03:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Different dialogue, audio queues and music come in at totally different places.
Does it necessarily improve the film or is it more a case of simply being what most are used to?
Old 25th February 2014, 04:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Lego Movie with my boys and my girlfriends girls, fantastic film for all ages, absolutely loved every minute of it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th February 2014, 04:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Does it necessarily improve the film or is it more a case of simply being what most are used to?
Objectively no. It doesn't improve things. One of the reasons i'm not jumping up and down to recommend it.
Old 25th February 2014, 04:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Brutalization

What starts off as a pretty nasty rape / revenge movie turns into something a lot more interesting, as a group of posh boys trash houses of well-to-do couples, but what is their link to a female group called The Cats?

aka Because Of The Cats, this Dutch thriller plays more like a gritty early 70s UK flick ( complete with some familiar Brit faces ) and is all the better for it. Oh and it's got a groovy soundtrack too. Recommended.

Dolls

Having just finished reading Hemlock Books' highly entertaining book on Charles Band, comes a timely release for this little gem, concerning a sinister doll maker and his wife, who deal with their horrible house guests using...well you can guess. Great stop motion animation give these dolls a real creepy feel. It would be all CGI these days and wouldn't be half as good.

And for the record, this Blu-ray release from 101 Films looks superb.
Old 25th February 2014, 05:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Lego Movie with my boys and my girlfriends girls, fantastic film for all ages, absolutely loved every minute of it
I saw it on Sunday and, like you, loved it. It's consistently funny with many laugh out loud moments, the anarchic humour and slightly subversive content makes it something I'll watch at least once more.

Did you see it in 3D or 2D? I saw it in 2D and didn't see any way in which it would be improved by being 3D.
Old 25th February 2014, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw it on Sunday and, like you, loved it. It's consistently funny with many laugh out loud moments, the anarchic humour and slightly subversive content makes it something I'll watch at least once more.

Did you see it in 3D or 2D? I saw it in 2D and didn't see any way in which it would be improved by being 3D.

All the kids wanted to watch it in 3D, there was the odd scene that benefit from it, but on the whole I can't see it being that different in 2D tbh.
Will find out when I watch it again on Blu Ray
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th February 2014, 05:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Dolls

Having just finished reading Hemlock Books' highly entertaining book on Charles Band, comes a timely release for this little gem, concerning a sinister doll maker and his wife, who deal with their horrible house guests using...well you can guess. Great stop motion animation give these dolls a real creepy feel. It would be all CGI these days and wouldn't be half as good.

And for the record, this Blu-ray release from 101 Films looks superb.
Thanks for that Mojo. I'm looking forward to picking that one up. Not seen it in years.
Mojo likes this.
Old 25th February 2014, 05:27 PM
Active Cultist

Last night I finally watched the 4K restored Integral Cut of Re-Animator.105 minutes long, it's more than I even dreamed of...One of my all time faves is finally complete, more than happy bout this one, lads.
Linbro likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!