Planet of the Apes.
The answer i expected☺
I really like it.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:41 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I haven't seen the Planet of the Apes re-make, so I'm not sure what is the worst Tim Burton film of the ones I have seen which, I think is everything else! It was a long time ago, but I just couldn't get into Big Fish and didn't think much of Dark Shadows either. Alice in Wonderland was no where near as good as it could or should have been, so that's another which is not exactly 'vintage' Burton.

As far as I'm concerned, his best is Ed Wood, which probably features Jonny Depp's finest performance as well.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

For me it's a toss up between Batman, Beetlejuice or Edward Scissorhands for Burton's best film, not sure what I consider his worst, I've not seen Planet of the Apes either
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st May 2015, 08:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

I loved Burton's early stuff (Batman Returns is probably my all-time fave) but I don't think he's made one I liked since Sleepy Hollow.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen the Planet of the Apes re-make, so I'm not sure what is the worst Tim Burton film of the ones I have seen which, I think is everything else! It was a long time ago, but I just couldn't get into Big Fish and didn't think much of Dark Shadows either. Alice in Wonderland was no where near as good as it could or should have been, so that's another which is not exactly 'vintage' Burton.

As far as I'm concerned, his best is Ed Wood, which probably features Jonny Depp's finest performance as well.
"Ed Wood" is the only other one I have time for these days. I used to really rate Burton but over the years have come to see him as a bit of a one trick pony and a bit fluffy for my tastes. To me he is all surface image with no real depth or evolution to his work.
Old 31st May 2015, 09:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What I wanna know is, now that him and Helena Bonham-Carter have split up, who got custody of Johnny Depp?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st May 2015, 09:08 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
What I wanna know is, now that him and Helena Bonham-Carter have split up, who got custody of Johnny Depp?
Possibly the Australian authorities!
Old 31st May 2015, 09:19 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Possibly the Australian authorities!
Only for 10 years tho!

Johnny Depp could face 10 years in prison for bringing dogs to Australia | Film | The Guardian
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st May 2015, 09:26 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I'm sure he won't need to live with his parents by then!
Old 31st May 2015, 11:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1965: part 2

Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill! - More Russ Meyer bosomania!

Obchod na korze - (The Shop on Main street) Winner of the Academy Award for Best Foreign Picture (1965)

The Greatest Story Ever Told - A biblical epic from George Stevens with just about everyone from Hollywood in it including John Wayne as the Roman Centurion who would utter the now infamous line "Truly this maaan was the sarn of Gawd!" This was also Claude Rains last film. Although its a bit more 'realistic' the earlier 'King of Kings' is a better movie.

For a Few Dollars More - The sequel to 'A Fistful of Dollars' and for me the better of the two, Lee Van Cleef also stars and does an equally good job as Eastwood.

Doctor Zhivago - Considered a classic but for me it was a three hour bore fest! Nice music, nice cinematography but ultimatley dull.

The Defilers - A somewhat unpleasant film thats the opposite of a 'nudie-cutie', this R. Lee Frost film has plenty of nudity but also features kidnap, rape and beatings and spankings.

The War Lord - Turgid historical affair featuring Charlton Heston in a bowl haircut as a norman lord who decides to enact a case of 'primae noctis' and then decides to keep the girl thus causing his vassals to mutiny.

Carry on Cowboy - Number 11 in the franchise, not too bad. Charles Hawtrey's line when his indian braves are getting killed off during an attack had me laughing "Umpa, stickitty jumpa...Bloody quick!"

Life at the Top - The first sequal to 1959's BAFTA winning 'Room at the Top'. It went on to spawn a TV series that lasted 23 episodes (two seasons) before the story of Joe Lampton's rise from his working class roots came to an end with a second sequal.

Major Dundee - Another Charlton Heston picture, this time a western from Sam Peckinpah.

And now I begin 1966. The year with the most movies in my list (30) including a massive 8 hour () Russian subtitled version of War and Peace!

Like this? Share it using the links below!