Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2017, 03:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's my favourite Bond film and, for my money, the best one ever made. I'm probably in the minority, but I think George Lazenby is a good Bond and has been unfairly maligned by critics and fans alike.
I didn't like it at first, not because of Lazenby but because of the sped up fight sequences. However the more i've watched i've become used to them and rate the film quite highly.

I am in the minority as i think Pierce Brosnan is the best Bond (The charm of Moore and tough enough like Connery). and Goldeneye the best film closely followed by Dalton's The Living Daylights the Connery's From Russia With Love and Moore's Live and Let Die.
Old 27th March 2017, 03:33 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't like it at first, not because of Lazenby but because of the sped up fight sequences. However the more i've watched i've become used to them and rate the film quite highly.
Yes, it lost a few points because of the weird fight scenes. I thought it was a weird glitch the first time then I saw what they were trying to do

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th March 2017, 03:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Have you seen Kong yet? I had to decide between those 2 films yesterday and chose Kong which again was OK but nothing special, wonder if I made the right choice of film.
I enjoyed Kong as spectacle. I found it an awful lot of fun. Its hard to compare it to life as they are two different kinds of film.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 27th March 2017, 05:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I am in the minority as i think Pierce Brosnan is the best Bond (The charm of Moore and tough enough like Connery). and Goldeneye the best film closely followed by Dalton's The Living Daylights the Connery's From Russia With Love and Moore's Live and Let Die.
OHMSS is not perfect, but it is brilliantly scripted, scored, and directed, with a really good James Bond, arguably the best 'Bond girl' and a great villain. I can forgive the weird speed of the fight sequences and dodgy rear projection on the ski sequences because, as I said about Zombie Flesh Eaters, I'm involved in the action and interested!
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th March 2017, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched Olive's bd of THE KLANSMAN yesterday.
This is the most complete and best looking release yet.

Talk about un-pc!

Let's put it this way.
They certainly don't make them like that anymore.

Today the makers would be strung up from the nearest tree by the pc brigade......
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th March 2017, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

really didn't enjoy this as much as the other live action Disney films, maybe its because those told a slightly different story than the one we know, while here its more or less the animated film scene for scene and while i liked the songs there, it got on my nerves with people bursting into song every five minutes here.

OK but as they didnt do a lot different from the Superior animated classic, i was left a little cold and thought why did they bother. 6.6/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 27th March 2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 27th March 2017, 08:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Vacation (2015)

A film that's basically National Lampoons Vacation remade. In this Clark and Ellen's son Rusty takes his wife and two children on the infamous cross country road trip to Walley World.

Whilst the film is brought up to date with more sexual humour there are also plenty of gags that could have come straight out of the classic films of the 80's. I certainly enjoyed it more than anticipated, indeed i laughed out loud more than once.

It also helps that Ed Helms is a likable Rusty Griswold as is the always sparkling Christina Applegate as wife Debbie. In fact Applegate completely steals the show on more than one occasion. It ends rather nicely with a visit to see Clark and Ellen and i felt it rather sweet seeing Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo again even if they were little more than cameos.

If you enjoyed the original National Lampoon Vacation films then i'd definitely suggest you give this a go. You just might enjoy it as much as i did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vacation_poster.jpg (56.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 27th March 2017, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Vacation (2015)

A film that's basically National Lampoons Vacation remade. In this Clark and Ellen's son Rusty takes his wife and two children on the infamous cross country road trip to Walley World.

Whilst the film is brought up to date with more sexual humour there are also plenty of gags that could have come straight out of the classic films of the 80's. I certainly enjoyed it more than anticipated, indeed i laughed out loud more than once.

It also helps that Ed Helms is a likable Rusty Griswold as is the always sparkling Christina Applegate as wife Debbie. In fact Applegate completely steals the show on more than one occasion. It ends rather nicely with a visit to see Clark and Ellen and i felt it rather sweet seeing Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo again even if they were little more than cameos.

If you enjoyed the original National Lampoon Vacation films then i'd definitely suggest you give this a go. You just might enjoy it as much as i did.
Good call Dem. I enjoyed Vacation and liked the way it was essentially a proper sequel to the original Chevy Chase films. I also like Ed Helms, an underrated comedy performer.
Old 27th March 2017, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Good call Dem. I enjoyed Vacation and liked the way it was essentially a proper sequel to the original Chevy Chase films. I also like Ed Helms, an underrated comedy performer.
I wasn't aware of him before. Hopefully there will be another film in this series.
Old 27th March 2017, 10:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Olive's bd of THE KLANSMAN yesterday.
This is the most complete and best looking release yet.

Talk about un-pc!

Let's put it this way.
They certainly don't make them like that anymore.

Today the makers would be strung up from the nearest tree by the pc brigade......
Rewatched TK on vhs recently. This PC brigade ... are they like the Firemen in Farenheit 451 then?

Wild film. Kudos to Olive ... they have good taste
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!