Old 5th July 2017, 10:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Well I watched that The Punisher
The Mark Goldblatt one
Written by Boaz Yakin also. So there's a faint Cannony vibe to the mayhem tbh.
The Dolph plays Frank Castle. So high concept it squeaks
All in all
Mr Jane can suck it. There I said it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Lol well put Demoncrat, the original was more action than the remake and classic 80s music
Give me Punisher: War Zone any day.
Old 5th July 2017, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Donovan betterer than TJ for sure

Ah this R.O.T.O.R. is just mental by the way.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th July 2017, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Donovan betterer than TJ for sure

Ah this R.O.T.O.R. is just mental by the way.
Who's Donovan?

It was Ray Stephenson in War Zone?
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th July 2017, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Who's Donovan?

It was Ray Stephenson in War Zone?
Arse then. Can't quite reach my copy at the moment and this film is making everything weird.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th July 2017, 11:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Underworld: Blood Wars (2016)

Fast, frantic and largely plotless fifth and hopefully final installment in the Vampires v Lycans series. Kate Beckinsale out vamped by Lara Pulver.

Shit blows up, sabres are rattled and bullet clips emptied but i didn't care.

The Resident Evil finale film was so much more satisfying than this.
Haven't seen this yet. Am in no great hurry either as I felt that the 4th film was quite poor (ended up giving it away). Think I'll just stick with the first 3 movies.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 6th July 2017, 10:48 AM
Cult Addict

Zombie killers: Elephants graveyard

Clearly aiming for a stakeland vibe, ZK misses its mark completly and ends up being a dour, miserabilist zombie flick that tests its viewers patience to the max. The film-makers have assembled a decent enough cast, Feliccia Rose, Dee Wallace, Billy Zane, but its all for nought. Its about ten minutes too long, some of the CGI is a litle over ambitious for the budget and looks awful. The zombie scenes are few and far between. I'm certainly glad it was only a pound.

Savaged

A mute girl travelling through new mexico stumbles across a bunch of depraved rednecks murdering the local apache natives. Caught trying to rescue one of the victims she's raped, tortured and buried in a shallow grave for her troubles. An Apache medicine man tries to assist her but unfortunately ends up getting her posessed by an extrmely p****d off Apache warrior intent on killing all the rednecks. It turns out not only is he feeding off the girls rage, but the rednecks are the ancestors of the men who massacred his tribe. He then proceeds to carve his way through the scumbags one at a time in a bloody fashion.
Much better. Savaged is a bloody, nasty, entertaining piece of exploitation that does not f*** around. It's cheaply shot and budgetary constraints occasionally shine through but its no deal braker. This is another poundland special and one I happily reccomend you pick up as its a cracking little film.

Rigor mortis

Asian horror from director Juno Mak that begins with a man attempting to commit suicide after the death of his family. From their it gets really weird as his attempt at self destruction seems to trigger a wave of supernatural occurences through the building and things get very weird. Its a visually arresting horror with some great idea and for a quid its a total bargain. I need to watch it again to wrap my head around it though!
Old 6th July 2017, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had a look for Savaged in Poundland this morning, no surprise to find they didn't have it, but I did come out with Catacombs (2007), which wasn't even worth the pound I paid for it, dreadful film!
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th July 2017, 11:29 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

Savaged

A mute girl travelling through new mexico stumbles across a bunch of depraved rednecks murdering the local apache natives. Caught trying to rescue one of the victims she's raped, tortured and buried in a shallow grave for her troubles. An Apache medicine man tries to assist her but unfortunately ends up getting her posessed by an extrmely p****d off Apache warrior intent on killing all the rednecks. It turns out not only is he feeding off the girls rage, but the rednecks are the ancestors of the men who massacred his tribe. He then proceeds to carve his way through the scumbags one at a time in a bloody fashion.
Much better. Savaged is a bloody, nasty, entertaining piece of exploitation that does not f*** around. It's cheaply shot and budgetary constraints occasionally shine through but its no deal braker. This is another poundland special and one I happily reccomend you pick up as its a cracking little film.

Totally agree, Keirarts. Savaged is a great little film. It was a supermarket special from a few years ago for me.
Old 6th July 2017, 11:54 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Touch of Evil (1958)

Written, directed by, and co-starring Orson Welles, Touch of Evil is a tour-de-force of noir cinema. Planting us straight from the off in a Mexican border town as a car bomb goes off, the viewer is in the thick of the narrative with no build up.

With a plot than encompasses drug trafficking, prostitution, police corruption and Welles cast to die for - Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, Marlene Dietrich, Dennis Weaver and Zsa Zsa Gabor, who appears briefly as the impresario of a strip club.

Welles direction is as uncompromising as the temperatures. A camera that's barely still, full of sweeping tracking shots and sweaty close ups, his police captain proves to be a nasty piece of work as Heston plays the hero - a Mexican which has been a source of contention to this day - but it's Janet Leigh who's put through the wringer in a series of set pieces at a roadside motel every bit as harrowing and scary as what is to come in 1960's Psycho.

Touch of Evil isn't an easy watch, it takes a while for the narrative to unfold but it's also fascinating being thrust into Welles investigation as we cling to snippets of information and try to unravel what's going on. It's thrilling stuff and possibly the last throw of the dice for classic noir.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toe1.jpg (27.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 6th July 2017, 12:37 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Touch of Evil (1958)
One of my favourites, great review too.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!