Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2017, 12:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Watched Blair Witch
The little brother of the woman from the original believes she is still alive, so he decides to go to the forest with his student friends and a s**tload of cameras, only to be trapped in the woods by (presumably) the Blair Witch.
Adam Wingards film, sounds like crap on paper and utter garbage on screen, the film itself unfortunately fails as a successor to the original and merely serves as fan fiction without any subtlety or discretion.
3/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Saves me 90 mins to find out for myself
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th August 2017, 12:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Saves me 90 mins to find out for myself
Give me Book of Shadows anyday

Old 14th August 2017, 12:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I just bought it last week. Not going to watch it until October though. It's got a nice slip case and was only £4 so it's no great loss if it's rubbish.
Old 14th August 2017, 02:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Watched Blair Witch
The little brother of the woman from the original believes she is still alive, so he decides to go to the forest with his student friends and a s**tload of cameras, only to be trapped in the woods by (presumably) the Blair Witch.
Adam Wingards film, sounds like crap on paper and utter garbage on screen, the film itself unfortunately fails as a successor to the original and merely serves as fan fiction without any subtlety or discretion.
3/10

I didn't like it either , remember going cinema to watch it most of the audience like me looked bored and fed up, what they did with the film is they had people following them (which they didn't know) and playing tricks and making noises to make some of their reactions genuine.
Old 14th August 2017, 03:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I didn't like it either
Old 14th August 2017, 04:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Stealing Beauty (1996)

Liv Tyler plays a 19 year old American girl who, after her mother commits suicide, travels to Italy to have her picture painted and hopefully find the young man she fell in love with four years earlier.

Bernardo Bertolucci's film although gorgeous to look at is somewhat of a pretentious anti-climax. An accomplished cast including Jeremy Irons, Sinead Cusack, Stefania Sandrelli and Rachel Weisz are basically lumbered with inconsequential talk as Bertolucci's camera wanders the glorious Tuscan landscape and the bodies of Tyler and Weisz.

You can't help enjoy the films rich detail and it's literary feel but come the end i was wondering why i bothered as the memories of it faded from the screen with the credits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b4fce6de53ad10562cef2e592d87e2c5.jpg (99.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 14th August 2017, 05:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Sick House (2008)

The ghost of a plague doctor is resurrected in an old London orphanage about to be condemned.

Gina Phillips is too good for this Z-picture as she plays a professor trapped in the orphanage along with some punks. The film's back story had a very creepy set up with it's background in a 16th century cult murdering children then blaming the black death for it. In fact some cool ideas are in play throughout but are hampered by a director who's way of presenting them is almost the exact opposite of mine, meaning it was all a frustrating mess. Similar ideas were displayed better in films such as House on Haunted Hill (1999) and Death Tunnel (2005). One a big budget production the other no different to this, yet creatively so much cleverer.

The almost constant strobe lighting became irritating whenever the plague doctor was about as was the shaky camera work which wasn't necessary as the film isn't a found footage piece and the directors insistence on never really showing him was annoying as it/he clearly was a grotesque creation worth letting us gaze upon properly.

A promising film clumsily executed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cwmkdgwd.jpg (94.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 14th August 2017, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

6/10

now watching.

Old 14th August 2017, 06:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

6/10

now watching.

LAAAAAAAAWWWWW

keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 14th August 2017, 08:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

enjoyable but very cheesy , megacity one etc looks more what you expect than in Dredd, but for me Dredd is the better film for the simple reason Karl Urban is a better Dredd mainly because he keeps his helmet on, which when its taking off just feels wrong and it has no(or very little humour) and reading up the director wanted a lot more darker film inline with the comics, but it was Sly that pushed for more comedy, would of been nice to see what it would of been like without sly's input. 7/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!