All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2017, 06:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Just wondering if anyone has seen the latest Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge...???

Not me haven't seen any of them .
Old 2nd October 2017, 06:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Not me haven't seen any of them .
that's the most useless bit of information ever...thanks gag....

Old 2nd October 2017, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
No, that's not the sort of information I like my colleagues to know about me

Monday is like "what did you do this weekend?" I'm thinking, well I watched Jess Franco's Two Female Spies with Flowered Panties and then followed that up with a documentary about 'competitive endurance tickling' called Tickled. Then I reply "Oh then usual, went out for dinner, enjoyed a walk"
I couldn't care less I just openly admit what I watch ,no matter how bad it sounds .
One bloke even knows a vast majority of them .
Its boring being normal and acting the same as everyone else acting like sheep .
Be different be proud and and dont be afraid to be yourself .
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
that's the most useless bit of information ever...thanks gag....
Is gag remember he only ever watches the same ten films!!
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I couldn't care less I just openly admit what I watch ,no matter how bad it sounds .
One bloke even knows a vast majority of them .
Its boring being normal and acting the same as everyone else acting like sheep .
Be different be proud and and dont be afraid to be yourself .
I agree in principal, but I'm a private person, and I don't want to form relationships with my co-workers outside of my job. Therefore, apart from to a few people I don't talk about my life in detail. With my friends though, I tell them all about everything even though they don't like most of the things I do

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd October 2017, 08:41 PM
Cult Addict

The Last Broadcast
The film plays out (for the most part) as a documentary investigating the death of a group of webshow creators. One man, an alleged psychic, was the only survivor and was held accountable, tried and found guilty. The filmmaker looks into this to discover if he's guilty or innocent.
Now ultimately I would recommend this horror film as it did predate Blair Witch Project, but at the same time I will warn the ending kinda f**ks the film over.I see what they were doing; however it takes away the immersion.
7/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:55 AM
Cult Addict

Salazars revenge is better than the last one. But thats not saying much really. It's way too long and there's a couple of disposable plot lines that could have been dropped in editing.

Speaking of which......

Kingsman 2. The Golden circle.

If you liked Kingsman you might get some enjoyment from this. Its a bunch of callbacks to part 1 but doesn't have anything memorable in it that sticks out like the church scene in the first film. Its actually fairly forgettable but compared to American Assassin its not THAT bad. It's overlong and has a grating cameo from Sir Elton John that would have been bearable as a one off but he keeps reappearing like some kind of fat bloated spectre. Its almost as if he'd bullied his way into it by fronting some of the films budget.
Old 3rd October 2017, 08:11 AM
Cult Addict

Gerald's game

I'd always wondered how this would turn out if someone actually got it to screens. Its the sort of concept that would appeal to directors in a similar manner to Phone Booth. One character, Jessie, played by Carla Gugino is handcuffed to a bed by her husband Gerald, played by Bruce Greenwood. Its part of a kinky sex game thought up by Gerald to spice up their sex life. Unfortunately it works to well, and combined with the effects of Gerald's cock sweets he has a full blown heart attack. The rest of the film is Jessie whose inner dialogue is represented by ghost versions of herself and Gerald as she's forced to find a way out before a starving dog that's made its way in decides she's next on the menu. She's also haunted by pasty trauma and what appears to be the manifestation of death that's haunting her.
Director Mike Flanegan has a decent track record with genre pictures. I like Absentia, Oculous and Hush (more on that in a bit) and Gerald's game was no disappointment for me. Genuinely gripping from beginning to end, its a great adaptation of the book. Given that its on netflix its not going to cost anything to see it if you have the service either. Kudous to Gugino who really delivers in the central role and manages to carry the film remarkably well.

Hush

Netflix recommendations gets it right. It Occurred to me that I'd not seen this Mike Flanegan film. I'd been put off by a friends opinion that it went downhill after the killer removes his mask. I disagree.
The film is not necessarily anything original in concept. Young woman living alone in the middle of nowhere is terrorised by a sadistic killer. However the success of the film is in the execution, with the central characters deafness deployed well without becoming distasteful and exploitative. I would actually argue the removal of the mask adds something. Up to that he came across as the typical anonymous cypher deployed by filmmakers trying to be John Carpenter with Halloween. Instead it really demystifies him as in reality monsters like this would be somewhat pathetic yet dangerous little creeps like this guy.
Old 3rd October 2017, 08:36 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Gerald's game

I'd always wondered how this would turn out if someone actually got it to screens. Its the sort of concept that would appeal to directors in a similar manner to Phone Booth. One character, Jessie, played by Carla Gugino is handcuffed to a bed by her husband Gerald, played by Bruce Greenwood. Its part of a kinky sex game thought up by Gerald to spice up their sex life. Unfortunately it works to well, and combined with the effects of Gerald's cock sweets he has a full blown heart attack. The rest of the film is Jessie whose inner dialogue is represented by ghost versions of herself and Gerald as she's forced to find a way out before a starving dog that's made its way in decides she's next on the menu. She's also haunted by pasty trauma and what appears to be the manifestation of death that's haunting her.
Director Mike Flanegan has a decent track record with genre pictures. I like Absentia, Oculous and Hush (more on that in a bit) and Gerald's game was no disappointment for me. Genuinely gripping from beginning to end, its a great adaptation of the book. Given that its on netflix its not going to cost anything to see it if you have the service either. Kudous to Gugino who really delivers in the central role and manages to carry the film remarkably well.
Carla Gugino handcuffed to a bed for 100 minutes you say?

SOLD!!!
Justin101, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 3rd October 2017, 08:39 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Carla Gugino handcuffed to a bed for 100 minutes you say?

SOLD!!!
She's certainly easy on the eye!

Like this? Share it using the links below!