All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179665Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2017, 12:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Yes, that's right. I'm pretty sure I had that release at one point. Blue Underground did a better version, and there's another cheap UK disc out there (or there was at the time I bought it, years ago) which might just be a port of the BU. A slightly varied history for a film so obviously destined for the margins.
Thanks for the info, I thought it was. I'll try and hunt down a cheap and nasty DVD and give it another go.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st July 2017, 12:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Have you had a look at the quality of Grave of the Vampire yet, Justin?
Old 31st July 2017, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I gave my copy of Flesh Eater away by mistake and didn't have the heart to ask for it back. It was one of those two films on one disc dvd's. I should really buy another copy as it's quite something else. If i recall twas' gory as hell (on a budget).

It came from the same set as one of copies of the wonderful Flesh for the Beast. Yes, one of my copies as i have two. Both are different cuts of the same film which i find a bit odd - both uncut, just different.
Yeah, it's a film I'd want around - or at least I think so now, as, before 'rediscovering' it the other day, I'd forgotten pretty much everything about it, including the full-on gore that you point out. It's still fairly available, I think, and there's a cheap UK disc that looks pretty good. I can't believe I was scampering around the internet looking for a Blu-ray, really got to stop that kind of shit.

Oh yeah, I forgot we share an appreciation of 'Flesh For The Beast'! I only have the one version, though. Might have to dig it out, now you've reminded me... makes me nostalgic for the time when loads of that kind of stuff seemed to be coming out. Maybe I'm out of touch or something, but I never really seem to find that sort of thing these days. Feel like I'm falling back on old stuff (hence my last review, and the several before that).
Old 31st July 2017, 01:02 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Have you had a look at the quality of Grave of the Vampire yet, Justin?
It's ropey to say the least There is an American DVD which has been remastered but it's considerably more expensive!

Just picked up this from MM for £1.39, thanks Frankie

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st July 2017, 01:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, it's a film I'd want around - or at least I think so now, as, since 'rediscovering' it the other day, I'd forgotten pretty much everything about it, including the full-on gore that you point out. It's still fairly available, I think, and there's a cheap UK disc that looks pretty good. I can't believe I was scampering around the internet looking for a Blu-ray, really got to stop that kind of shit.

Oh yeah, I forgot we share an appreciation of 'Flesh For The Beast'! I only have the one version, though. Might have to dig it out, now you've reminded me... makes me nostalgic for the time when loads of that kind of stuff seemed to be coming out. Maybe I'm out of touch or something, but I never really seem to find that sort of thing these days. Feel like I'm falling back on old stuff (hence my last review, and the several before that).
It does seem like films of that ilk are few and far between. Back in the day i used to buy a bit of tat based purely on what i thought was an interesting or schlocky premise or in some cases, a decent cover. Now i still see this sort of stuff...then notice it has one star on Amazon and a load of scathing reviews from people who watched it on Primetv and get put off a purchase.

I should trust my gut feeling more.
Old 31st July 2017, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's ropey to say the least There is an American DVD which has been remastered but it's considerably more expensive!

Just picked up this from MM for £1.39, thanks Frankie

That's the one I have, had it for years and never watched it (along with a ton of other discs )
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st July 2017, 01:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It does seem like films of that ilk are few and far between. Back in the day i used to buy a bit of tat based purely on what i thought was an interesting or schlocky premise or in some cases, a decent cover. Now i still see this sort of stuff...then notice it has one star on Amazon and a load of scathing reviews from people who watched it on Primetv and get put off a purchase.

I should trust my gut feeling more.
I think I've become a bit more cautious in my buying, too, so yeah that's possibly why fewer 'Flesh For The Beast's and 'Goat-man Murder's are turning up for me. There's a vast ocean of modern vid-cam trash on Amazon Prime, and that's where all the goods will be, but I can't be arsed to make any headway with it. MTDS looks into that kind of thing quite often still. I think that maybe, having done this for quite a while, I'm getting a bit tired and expect to be entertained without any effort. This has meant that my choices have become more mainstream in a way, which I'm not proud of.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 31st July 2017, 01:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think I've become a bit more cautious in my buying, too, so yeah that's possibly why fewer 'Flesh For The Beast's and 'Goat-man Murder's are turning up for me. There's a vast ocean of modern vid-cam trash on Amazon Prime, and that's where all the goods will be, but I can't be arsed to make any headway with it. MTDS looks into that kind of thing quite often still. I think that maybe, having done this for quite a while, I'm getting a bit tired and expect to be entertained without any effort. This has meant that my choices have become more mainstream in a way, which I'm not proud of.
I do feel slightly redeemed as my first Venezuelan horror film dropped through the letterbox this morning.

La casa del fin de los tiempos (2013) - IMDb
Old 31st July 2017, 01:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I do feel slightly redeemed as my first Venezuelan horror film dropped through the letterbox this morning.

La casa del fin de los tiempos (2013) - IMDb
Heard some good things about that one. Was going to get it, but didn't, for whatever reason. Let us know your thoughts after you see it.
Old 31st July 2017, 01:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Vittra (2012)

Vittra must be Swedish for Evil Dead because that's what this film is. A knock off of the Evil Dead remake that came out, er' a year later.

Basically if you like 2013's Evil Dead then i think you'll love this intense and gory rehash.

Like this? Share it using the links below!