All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2018, 07:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
That opening though . I liked it. Tried to guess if it'll be Scarlet or Charlize in the remake
Be nice to make a refreshing change for a film remake or not with someone who seems unlikely at first instead of the usual crowd for certain films eg tom cruise for action .
After all everyone thought Elijah woods was strange one and wrong for maniac remake , turns out some people thought it was better than the original , or do a harry potter style and start someone unknown ..
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by gag; 29th April 2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 29th April 2018, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Exactly. I'd like to see Mark Heap play say, Batman

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th April 2018, 07:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default i was

I was a Teenage Werewolf.
Michael Landon as Tony is a troubled teenager, getting into fights and annoying the police with his troublesome behavior and bad attitude..Tony is angry, angry with everyone, his teacher, his girlfriend's parents and the odd bottle of milk.He's your common garden angry 1950's teenager,if they're not drag racing or jiving to the latest in the hit parade charts or playing the bongos these kids are wild man, just wild...Even worse some cretin will get up and start singing like there's not enough trouble in the world as it is.Of course no 1950's film is complete without some sort of mad or slightly bonkers doctor or scientist who wants to experiment on anything with a pulse,in this case its Whit Bissell as Dr. Alfred Brandon who hypnotises Tony to find his primitive self..(a bit like Altered States..) only this has a rather interesting side effect for our young hero...While the police are baffled by the recent murder of a teenager, not so Pepi the cleaner who knows all about werewolves from the old country, not that anyone believes him, so keep your opinions to yourself Pepi...Anyway, Whit is not perturbed by the innocent murder of a kid and still keeps up with his experiments on Tony.Its not before the alarm bells are ringing (literally) as Tony transforms into a hairy-palmed fiend chasing a teenage gymnast (actually 22yr old Playboy model) and causing all sorts of murderous mayhem in the high school.Unfortunately for Tony, he is easily spotted as he still is wearing his college jacket and jeans, and as we all know werewolf's usually attack people naked...Its all pretty much classic B-Movie stuff but it has to be said that Michael Landon does a great job as troubled teenager/werewolf even if his werewolf has unbelievably high back coomed haircut.This is fun with a capital F.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-I_Was_A_Teenage_Werewolf-poster.jpg (98.0 KB, 4 views)

Old 29th April 2018, 08:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Review!!

Have dug out Fear In The Night. One last look before this upgrade

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th April 2018, 09:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Annabelle: Creation 2017

After 12 years of the death of their daughter, a doll maker and his wife welcome a nun and orphans to their house unaware what horrors are unearth when a girl finds a door that's meant to be locked is unlocked.

The story to this was interesting, a father making a doll that resembles his daughter to tragedy and the suppose spirit of her living in the doll and somehow a demon possesses the doll and the connection to the first Annabelle movie. There is a bit of horror suspense and expect the unexpected jumps that can be predicted.

The downside to this was that there was a appearance of a raggedy Ann doll and does throw off the story behind the real Annabelle doll unless the film makers make another one. 5/6 out of 10.
The doll looks nothing like that in real life
Although it probably wouldn't have made as much if it was accurate

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 29th April 2018, 09:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
The doll looks nothing like that in real life
Although it probably wouldn't have made as much if it was accurate

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
You can see why they changed it, really don't think that would scare anybody. If they put that in the film people would just just out laughing!
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 29th April 2018, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The first doll looks "evil" .

Hollywood. Subtle as a brick. Wrapped in lead.

[B]
Old 29th April 2018, 09:16 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Bride

Surprisingly excellent no budget, hidden gem from the early 70s that has the most simple of plots...husband cheats on wife on their wedding day...wife gets revenge.

Filmed in a naturalist style that benefits the limited acting ability, this whips along at a fair pace whilst nothing actually happens for long periods, though the film never drags.

It contains some great dream sequences and a good twist ending. It would make a great triple bill with Axe and The Witch Who Came from the Sea.

Screamers/Island of the Fishmen

Fantastic, rollicking adventure flick mixing up equal parts The Island of Dr Moreau and Warlords of Atlantis with added gore and shit blowing up all over the place ending.

Both films highly recommended.
Old 29th April 2018, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The first doll looks "evil" .

Hollywood. Subtle as a brick. Wrapped in lead.
Does make you think no parent etc would give a child a doll that looked like that, if I saw it my first instinct would be too burn it with fire!
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 29th April 2018, 09:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted ala The Bride. Island I love ... if I squint it's vaguely quasi Lovecraftian as well
keirarts likes this.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!