Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2018, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Haven’t watched that film in years, always liked it when I was younger
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th July 2018, 06:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Haven’t watched that film in years, always liked it when I was younger
I came across it on YouTube, after watching some weird ass movie,
Old 5th July 2018, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Enjoyable but not top tier zombie flick , in which a psychic is recruited by a police man too investigate the killing and mutilation of some children, once at the mortuary it's not long before we find out the children are some zombie type creature and they start to infect others. The child zombie are quite creepy and belong more to a Japanese horror , extra marks are given as it's the heart that needs destroying and not the brain. 6.5/10

Might watch shadow of the werewolf tonight which will be my first Paul Naschy film.
Old 5th July 2018, 10:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I demand to know about the weird ass movie!!

And Soon The Darkness (1970, Robert Fuest)
Never go on holiday it seems. I can see why a life with Frank Spencer was more viable option . 2 plucky Brits travel rural France to escaoe the hell that was Chingford or wherever ... their plans run aground when one of them is assaulted. Bleak thriller from the Avengers scribe (catsuits not capes) and solidly helmed to boot. It may feel a little flat in places (mirroring the landscape??) but I've grown quite fond of this film. It never seemed to be off the tv in my youth ... funny that now that I actually think about it ...
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 5th July 2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: mustusethepreviewmoredagnabbit!!!
Old 6th July 2018, 11:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Bloody moon. film about a man, Miguel who has a big scar on his face and gets rejected by women. at a party he pretends to be a girls boyfriend by wearing his micky mouse mask, when she sees his face she screams and he goes mad and hacks her to death with a pair of scissers.
then it moves forward to a language school were Miguel now works since getting realesed from an asylum. but more murders now start including a girl who gets her head cut off in a stone mill.

this is most definety the best film that Jess Franco ever made and is a brilliant slasher film 91.5 out of 100.
Old 6th July 2018, 12:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

my first Naschy film, but it won't be my last. Naschy character who is a werewolf is brought back to life when silver bullets are removed from his corpse, he goes on a little killing spree and heads back to his home, with his bonkers sister, not long before to young women arrive investigating the legend of a local witch/vampire, whos body is found but unfortunately is resurrected, werewolf vs vampire battles unsure, we also have a a excellent looking zombie monks thats staright out of blind dead. highly enjoyable, really spains answer too hammer with added tits and ass, i would of thought the rating would of been higher than a 12 with all the flesh on display and gore. one downside on disc, most of it, well over 90% is english audio, there are odd parts in which the copper is speaking to a friend which are in which i think is Spanish but there are no subs. 7.5/10
Old 6th July 2018, 01:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It must be an imported copy Treb, as the UK release was 18 uncut.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th July 2018, 01:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It must be an imported copy Treb, as the UK release was 18 uncut.
think its a German copy, which from what i could gather from is uncut as well
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th July 2018, 01:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
think its a German copy, which from what i could gather from is uncut as well
It is i think as you mentioned the nudity.

If i can recall the film was released as a clothed and unclothed version in various markets. The dvd releases - UK and US and some other markets but not all had what they call an integrated version which made it the longest release possible.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 6th July 2018, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Prince Of Darkness 1987.

A Priest of a sect dies dies, prompting another to investigate why he was going to a abandoned church to find what a key to a door he was holding. a group of physics are hired to spend time there and find out what is in the container in the basement.

From Director John Carpenter comes this tale of God versus Satan in this fight for survival against the next apocalypse that can be brought on by the Devil.

The film does have a creepy tone to it especially with the homeless people seen praying at the church and a woman holding a can with mud, worms and maggots and singer Alice Cooper making a cameo with a pure white face.

Donald Pleasance teams up with Carpenter again as the English priest who sets out to try and save the world along side Victor Wong who leads the team of Physicists.

The film is made at a good pace it is not slow or fast which makes it more enjoyable along with some gory moments with someone falling to bits with bugs over them. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main pic.jpg (34.2 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!