Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2020, 06:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The KIndred. 1987.

On her deathbed, Amanda asks her son John to destroy her research papers on her last experiment. Along with his friends and another doctor they go to Amanda's house and find someone else, John's half brother Anthony, but one has another plan to be there.

This wasn't that bad, ok it has some plot holes that don't make sense to the movie, along with some good effects and make up it makes the film look decent. Rod Steiger stars as Amanda's rival who wants her work and Anthony for his study and claim to fame. Amanda Payes stars as the fan of Amanda's work and has her own agenda for being there. The film does start of a bit slow and does pick up the pace decently.

The Kindred.jpg
Old 13th April 2020, 06:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The KIndred. 1987.

On her deathbed, Amanda asks her son John to destroy her research papers on her last experiment. Along with his friends and another doctor they go to Amanda's house and find someone else, John's half brother Anthony, but one has another plan to be there.

This wasn't that bad, ok it has some plot holes that don't make sense to the movie, along with some good effects and make up it makes the film look decent. Rod Steiger stars as Amanda's rival who wants her work and Anthony for his study and claim to fame. Amanda Payes stars as the fan of Amanda's work and has her own agenda for being there. The film does start of a bit slow and does pick up the pace decently.

Attachment 223701
Not seen this since i rented it on VHS.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 13th April 2020, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Not seen this since i rented it on VHS.
Snap, and this is the cover I remember.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6474.JPG (21.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 13th April 2020, 07:26 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Snap, and this is the cover I remember.
Yes thats the one
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th April 2020, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A great tagline that.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th April 2020, 07:44 PM
Cult Master

Reform School Girls

Wild girls all locked up together under the watchful eye of big Edna torturing abusing and even murdering the girls. Edna and the warden will go to any lengths to keep the outside world from seeing their illegal practises and when a new doctor treatens to expose their operation things only get worse for the girls.

Complete trashy fun from start to finish. So many funny moments not intentionally but when we first enter the school the standard issue uniform is sexy lingerie and as skimpy as is humanly possible lots of nudity and even more hot 80s ladies make this pretty easy on the eye until big Edna appears and ruins the scene

Its a run of the mill prison storyline rival gangs one of which is close with the authorities so backs are turned when they kick off and the other side is blamed for everything but they must work together eventually to make it out alive. The acting was a lot better than i was expecting for such a film and the story was decent and entertaining even if clichéd.

Lots if fun if you like naked woman in prison type films

7/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sndc0o5d3if0VdnnWAQ7RQGVoV.jpg (81.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 13th April 2020, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

thGO21FHB5.jpg
BEVERLY HILLS COP (1984)

Detroit cop Axel Foley heads to Beverly Hills to investigate the murder of his friend.
For me, the best of Axel Foley's trips to Beverly Hills.
Old 13th April 2020, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Witch Story (Superstition 2). 1989.

After inheriting a house, a brother and sister with their friends decide to check it out unaware of it's history involving a woman being burned at the stake for being a witch.

I will admit Superstition may not be the best witch movie but was enjoyable so why did we need a sequel, even at the start i knew it was going to be bad but was hoping it would get better...i was seriously wrong. The acting wasn't perfect, even a appearance by Ian Bannen didn't help, the plot seemed all over the place, from the killings with a axe to the blood splatter seemed delayed and why carry a shotgun for 10 minutes then decide to use it think this one of those films that once you've seen it that's it, unless you want a laugh.

witch story.jpg
Old 13th April 2020, 09:15 PM
Cult Master

Deadbeat At Dawn

After the leader of one of the cities two big gangs stand down and retires from gang life to start a normal life with his girlfriend his old rival puts a hit on him now that he is out of the game. Unfortunately its his girlfriends that ends up getting killed instead. Goose on the verge of a breakdown is tempted by one last score when the two gangs unite to rob and armoured truck transporting money to the bank. But can he trust the people still involved in the life he left behind.

Gritty trashy grim and violent. This is a nasty tale of murder betrayal drug about and lowlife scum of the streets. The violence has a feeling of both realism but is over the top with the gore. Goose has the kicks of Van Damme and the Nunchuck skills of Bruce Lee.

The opening act of the film is all action but it starts to lag a big I'm the middle but its all worth the wait for the exhilarating final third of the film where it goes batshit crazy. This is a fine example of what you can do with no money and a vision and belief in what you are doing just a fantastic dirty thrill ride.

8/10
Old 13th April 2020, 09:21 PM
Cult Veteran

13 Frightened Girls! (1963)

I feel like Mr Castle has duped me, while there were 13 girls only one of them was frightened!

Poster art and title led me to believe this was a horror film, but instead it was a silly crime caper and our sleuth was a 16yr old girl named Candy! Had this been made in the late 70s it would have been a Disney film starring Jodie Foster!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!