Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2018, 10:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 210094
VENOM

This is really fun. If you go into the movie not expecting a serious movie but a humorous knock around it's a good ride so just sit back and go with it. Venom I thought looked good and there is some stuff straight out of the comics.
Tom Hardy said that 40 minutes were cut out from the movie so maybe a longer cut will appear on Blu ray later on?
The Daughter of Darkness and I went to see "Venom" and thoroughly enjoyed it. Katherine (The DoD) said "it was good to see Tom Hardy playing Tom Hardy for a change." As I could see what she meant I didn't point out the gaping holes in her logic!

A whopping 45 out of 10!!!

Monster Magnet
Old 17th October 2018, 11:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I almost forgot... I've just finished watching "Constantine: City of Demons"! What a great film! Okay the animation is bog-standard DC animation which, although very good, is getting a little "old-skool" (I am still partial to "old-skool" myself but sometimes it'd be nice to have shake-up), but the story is great and the action is top notch. It's good to see the DCU (and Marvel-verse) growing up a little and tackling "R-Rated" material.

***/10 (*= insert a large number of your own choosing).

Monster Magnet
Old 18th October 2018, 01:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Psycho II 1983.

After 22 years in psychiatric care Norman Bates is released and returns to normal life but the past comes back to him as well as mother.

This was a great sequel to Hitchcock's movie, Anthony Perkins returns as Norman, who tries to adjust to normal life but seeing mother at the window brings back memories.

The first movie had a twist as to who mother really was, but this has a twist and twist, Vera Miles returns as Lila Loomis (Marion's Sister) and Meg Tilly as her daughter Mary who try to make Norman loose his marbles again.

Robert Loggia has a good role as the doctor who tries his best to keep Norman sane and small appearance from Dennis Franz who ends up swamped. Writer Tom Holland done well with writing this film and directed by Richard Franklin who gave us another 80s horror Link serves a good classic suspense movie. 10 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51jRWnPkS+L._SY445_.jpg (24.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 18th October 2018, 01:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

Big like!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th October 2018, 07:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default a-bleedin'-hem!!

Apparently I may have to expand my Mandy review. There should have been a spoiler tag with drivel contained.

I will say tis the most METAL film you will see this year (excluding Finnish charmer Heavy Trip ...).

Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st October 2018, 09:11 PM
Cult Addict

Victor Crowley: Hatchet 4
Andrew (the survivor from 3) has just published a book about the massacre of the previous films and is advertising it. Some student filmmakers want to get him involved with their movie and head to the Swamp and play some voodoo vids on YouTube. Andrew is on a play with his ex wife, his agent and some other people. The plane crashes, Crowley comes back and then the bloodshedding begins.
While I did have a great time watching it, out of the 4 movies, it ain't the strongest of them. Some fun kills and some great humour nonetheless. Also an uncomfortable sequence with a fat man at a book signing event, if only he wasn't fat and old .
Anyway still an enjoyable sequel nevertheless.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 21st October 2018, 09:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Went to see a mate who said "I'm sure I have The Sweeney films somewhere .. "
True to his word ...

Sweeney! (1976, David Wickes)
Straying slightly off their manor, our duo delve into some political intrigue featuring the Bisto mum, Ian Bannen and an appalling case of accentitis that Barry Foster seems to have caught. There is still plenty of boozing and bashing of heads, but it feels a bit grafted on tbh. Unlike ....

Sweeney 2 (1978, Tom Clegg)
This is more like it. A team of right villains are 'aving it away with bundles of readies sharpish. This goes against the grain do what leave it out etc .... this one far better, written by Troy Kennedy Martin etc ... faster paced etc.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched Ripley's game, there is 4 books and films but are they actually related to each other or not , do they follow on from each other or separate films based of the books ?

The film received positive critical reviews, with a 92% "fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 24 reviews.[2] Roger Ebert added Ripley's Game to his "Great Movies" list, calling it "the best of the four" Ripley films he had seen (Purple Noon, The American Friend, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Ripley's Game) and Malkovich "precisely the Tom Ripley I imagine when I read the novels," praising what he felt to be "one of [his] most brilliant and insidious performances
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:21 PM
Cult Addict

Ghost Stories.

Professor Phillip Goodman has made it his life's work to disprove and debunk the supernatural. When he receives a file containing three cases that have continued to defy any rational explanation he finds himself starting to question his long held stance on the matter.

Brilliant portmanteau style brit horror that I absolutely loved and am looking forward to rewatching soon.
Old 23rd October 2018, 05:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Bad Times at the El Royale. A group of strangers gather at a sleazy motel in the middle of a thunderstorm - but none of them are exactly who they seem to be. Jeff Bridges leads the cast in this 60s set ensemble thriller that plays like a classier, less irritating version of The Hateful Eight.

Like this? Share it using the links below!