All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179633Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2019, 08:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I enjoyed The Screaming Skull too, Dem.

One I hope gets the Blu treatment over here at some point. I don't fancy paying £18+ for the Scream Factory Blu.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th February 2019, 09:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I enjoyed The Screaming Skull too, Dem.

One I hope gets the Blu treatment over here at some point. I don't fancy paying £18+ for the Scream Factory Blu.
I just have it on a Scream Horror 4 pack, the picture's perfectly fine, in fact it's rather impressive.
Old 7th February 2019, 06:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beyond The Darkness 1979.

Greif stricken Frank looses his wife abducts her body and turns her into a doll but slowly looses his sanity thanks to his over bairing housekeeper.

Joe D' Amato brings us another exploitation of nudity and mild torture flick, it does start off well then goes down hill and drags on for a bit then back up to being interesting with some atmospheric tones to it and soundtrack from The Goblins which some might recognise the music from other Italian movie. To get into the movie more watch it without distractions 6-7 out of 10.
Old 7th February 2019, 07:17 PM
Cult Master

220px-Murderpartyposter.jpg

Horror Comedy which lacked both horror and comedy this is a pretty insultingly lame effort let me give some examples of so called jokes here.

A chainsaw which needs to be plugged in hilarious

When running from the killers he is screaming for a cellphone and he turns the corner a guy is dressed as a cellphone.

And then bla bla bla bla bla

The first 60 minutes is a room full of people talking in a circle about nothing the final 20 plus has some shooting chainsaw axe murder and face melting . I liked the effects but the build up was way to painful for a mediocre pay off.

3/10 purely cause the effects were decent and that's it. I can't recommend this one low budget yes but it's just too dragged out and boring there was potential with the effected they pulled off but in the end it was wasted.
Old 7th February 2019, 09:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 212450

Horror Comedy which lacked both horror and comedy this is a pretty insultingly lame effort let me give some examples of so called jokes here.

A chainsaw which needs to be plugged in hilarious

When running from the killers he is screaming for a cellphone and he turns the corner a guy is dressed as a cellphone.

And then bla bla bla bla bla

The first 60 minutes is a room full of people talking in a circle about nothing the final 20 plus has some shooting chainsaw axe murder and face melting . I liked the effects but the build up was way to painful for a mediocre pay off.

3/10 purely cause the effects were decent and that's it. I can't recommend this one low budget yes but it's just too dragged out and boring there was potential with the effected they pulled off but in the end it was wasted.
I remember thinking Murder Party was okay when i saw it three Halloweens ago and also thinking it may be a regular October watch, but i've never been back to it since. I think the fact it's set in just one room / basement whatever makes it seem... oh i don't know... just not sure it's one i'll ever return to.
Old 7th February 2019, 09:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Fortunes of Captain Blood (1950)

Louis Hayward stars as Captain Peter Blood in this classic swash buckler.

Centering around Blood freeing some of his men from a prison on Tortuga this is good escapist fun and i imagine quite thrilling for it's time with several sword fights and a well produced ship skirmish as a finale.

Hayward may not be Errol Flynn when it came to leading men but he does a good job here and copes well with the athleticism of the sword play.
Old 7th February 2019, 09:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightmare Beach 1989.

A biker leader is executed by electric chair and vows revenge. At spring break in Miami teenageers are being killed by a mysterious biker.

Director Umberto Lenzi was brought on board to helm the directors chair but left due to problems but stayed on as a consultant, but that didn't help the movie. The acting wasn't great even from John Saxon and Michael Perks they did act well but others must have been wasted and always have teen trying to seduce every sugar daddy she see's. The killings are not the best but are funny, the last of the cheesey 80s horror that makes it watchable. 5 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71YBTA85QuL._RI_SX300_.jpg (27.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 7th February 2019, 10:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I remember thinking Murder Party was okay when i saw it three Halloweens ago and also thinking it may be a regular October watch, but i've never been back to it since. I think the fact it's set in just one room / basement whatever makes it seem... oh i don't know... just not sure it's one i'll ever return to.
Its was a tough watch for me if the more action orientated parts towards the end were spread out more throughout the film.it would of been alot better but the first 54 minutes just dragged and then they tried to pack everything in to the final act.
Old 7th February 2019, 11:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Arena 1989.

In the future all type of Aliens fight in a tournament, human Steve is brought into the Arena by fight promotor Quinn after hearing of a fight that Steve was in with a alien.

This isn't the greatest science fiction film and not the worst either, the aliens are a bit laughable, the acting wasn't that brilliant, but the plot was reasonably decent. This does look like it was done on a shoe string budget. When I watched this I didn't expect it to be brilliant but did help to pass the time, it does go slow and stop but fans of 80s b movies may still enjoy it. 5-6 out of 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71d4549b6a98ab25875670b6fb9a24e0839a8a89.jpg (50.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 8th February 2019, 01:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Killer Shrews 1959.

On a island small group of people are being attacked by voracious shrews in the middle of a hurricane.

This was a decent 50s B movie, probably more scary back then than what it is now, typical scientists doing experiments on animals but they do come back and bite ya on the ass so to speak. The acting was fairly decent and the dogs looked liked they had fun running about with mats strapped to them, it is very dark at atmospheric which blends in with the creepy tone of it, worth a watch for 50s movie fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TheKillerShrews.jpg (92.6 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!