Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Yeah well spotted..
Eyes like a hawk.
Old 8th May 2019, 07:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Assault’ (1971)

Not sure what was more disturbing,the subject matter of teenage girls being raped,the male fantasy that all teenage girls are sexy nymphs in short skirts and being lusted after by middle age predatory men or the fact that this was produced by Peter Rogers the guy behind the Carry on films..And on top of that the music seemed awfully familiar to the soundtrack of Carry on Screaming,which made it abit diffficult to take the film seriously at the most crucuial moments when all i could think of was Odd Bob walking throgh walls and Kenneth Williams screaming frying tonight..Which is a shame really as Assault is a smart little psycho thriller with much to recomend..It has a fine cast of character actors and the original scream queen Suzy Kendall who was probably getting some practise in before she went to ITALY to get stalked by serial killers and such like.We also have Frank Finlay,Lesley-Anne Down,James Laurenson and not forgetting Freddie Jones as a sleazy newspaper man (is there any other kind) The Network BluRay is vibrant and crisp clean picture and probably never looked this good on its intial release.This is very much in the same sort of vein as the British proto slasher Fright (1971) made by Peter Colliinson ,would make a fine double bill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web_assault.jpg (86.3 KB, 5 views)

Old 8th May 2019, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fright needs more love, digging it out etc ...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th May 2019, 09:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Chiller 1985.

After being declared dead, Miles Creighton is cryogenically frozen in the hopes he can be revived. After 10 years the procedure is a success but with dark results.

This was a made for TV movie by Wes Craven, Michael Beck takes the role of Miles who has lost his soul being between life and death and doesn't care who gets hurt. This is more suspense than horror as Craven seemed to have taken a step back from adding his gore fest, and lightning that was used was that dark it was eye straining. Paul Sorvino and Beatrice Straight were good but not prefect, to the point of nobody actually taking it seriously. 4-5 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chiller-1985-e1483285247861.jpg (97.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 8th May 2019, 10:36 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Chiller 1985.

After being declared dead, Miles Creighton is cryogenically frozen in the hopes he can be revived. After 10 years the procedure is a success but with dark results.

This was a made for TV movie by Wes Craven, Michael Beck takes the role of Miles who has lost his soul being between life and death and doesn't care who gets hurt. This is more suspense than horror as Craven seemed to have taken a step back from adding his gore fest, and lightning that was used was that dark it was eye straining. Paul Sorvino and Beatrice Straight were good but not prefect, to the point of nobody actually taking it seriously. 4-5 out of 10.
I have this on a double bill dvd with The Tell Tale Heart - a British horror from 1960 with Adrienne Corri and Lawrence Payne - and thought it was barely watchable. The worst thing i've ever seen from Craven.
Old 9th May 2019, 12:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have this on a double bill dvd with The Tell Tale Heart - a British horror from 1960 with Adrienne Corri and Lawrence Payne - and thought it was barely watchable. The worst thing i've ever seen from Craven.
I had on vhs and really couldn't remember watching it, think this is one view every few years
Old 9th May 2019, 12:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sleepaway Camp 1983.

Angela, a shy young girl is sent to summer camp with her cousin, soon after someone slowly kills of the campers, is Angela all that she seems to be?

This was a old school slasher type killing movie with anything at hand that can hurt or kill. The acting may not be that great and the tight shorts looked very uncomfortable to wear. Even Desiree Gould who played the Aunt had a annoying voice that I wanted to rip my ears off. Is it overated or underrated today? Are the sequels any better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC-sq.jpg (12.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 9th May 2019, 12:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Sleepaway Camp 1983.

Angela, a shy young girl is sent to summer camp with her cousin, soon after someone slowly kills of the campers, is Angela all that she seems to be?

This was a old school slasher type killing movie with anything at hand that can hurt or kill. The acting may not be that great and the tight shorts looked very uncomfortable to wear. Even Desiree Gould who played the Aunt had a annoying voice that I wanted to rip my ears off. Is it overated or underrated today? Are the sequels any better?
Overrated, totally overrated. I actually prefer the sequels.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 9th May 2019, 12:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979)

Glaring continuity errors aside, this remains a gut wrenching slice of Italian horror which even to this day pushes the boundaries of gory cinema and is director Lucio Fulci's masterpiece of flesh ripping brutality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zombieflesheatersuk.jpg (69.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 9th May 2019, 12:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

qtqGvARQ1ld7Sgq4UI4Flh4YE7e.jpg
CAPTAIN AMERICA (1944)
REPUBLIC SERIAL 15 Chapters.

Cap takes on The Scarab, who is killing people with a chemical called 'The Purple Death' and his quest to get hold of a weapon called the 'Dynamic Vibrator' (!)

This is Captain America like you have never seen him before. Nothing remains of the comic book character apart from some costume similarities. No shield.
This Cap has no problem shooting and killing thugs and punching them out of tower block windows or off the tops of roofs.
Plenty of fist fights, gun play and car chases.

95dfcd01d77fc8185bad080413e1f478.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!