All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2019, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Fog (1980)

John Carpenter's ghostly masterpiece is an exercise in creating and sustaining terror.

From Adrienne Barbeau's terrific performance as DJ Stevee Wayne whose sensual tones ease you into the film before becoming more frantic as events unfold, to Carpenter's eerie, rumbling score, and then there's that spooky campfire tale told by old Mr. Machen on the stroke of midnight of the 21st April (I fine tuned this viewing so it began at 11.55pm on the 21st April, then bloomin' realised i should have begun 24 hours earlier ) which immediately draws you into the terrifying possibilities of what is to come.

A fine cast, primitive but great effects and some of the best widescreen 2.35 : 1 photography in horror cinema culminate in one of the best horror films ever!
This film is secretly becoming my fave JC movie (previously it was joint The Thing & ITMOM), maybe I just like traditional tales, maybe I'm getting old, maybe both. Masterpiece 10/10
Old 10th May 2019, 07:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers 1988.

Angela has been reformed and now working at a new summer camp, when the campers misbehave, Angela goes back to her old ways.

This was a decent sequel with better acting the its predecessor, some of the killings are not shown but there is plenty blood splatter, there must have been a budget restraint in one killing that was obviously a dummy. Pamela Springsteen plays Angela with a manical look and smile that she has the wheels turning in her head and knows how to do a BBQ. Renee Estevez stars along as Molly who tries to outsmart Angela and the rules of the camp and Walter Gotell as the main camp counselor guy at the camp. defo worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sleepaway camp 2.jpg (14.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 10th May 2019, 07:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers 1988.

Angela has been reformed and now working at a new summer camp, when the campers misbehave, Angela goes back to her old ways.

This was a decent sequel with better acting the its predecessor, some of the killings are not shown but there is plenty blood splatter, there must have been a budget restraint in one killing that was obviously a dummy. Pamela Springsteen plays Angela with a manical look and smile that she has the wheels turning in her head and knows how to do a BBQ. Renee Estevez stars along as Molly who tries to outsmart Angela and the rules of the camp and Walter Gotell as the main camp counselor guy at the camp. defo worth a watch.
I quite like all these , I'll have to rebuy all mine they are the cut set .
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 10th May 2019, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Groundhog Day (1993) Decent film, bit repetitive though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th May 2019, 10:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Groundhog Day (1993) Decent film, bit repetitive though
I really don't know if that's a joke or not, with what happens in the film.
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 10th May 2019, 10:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Gotta admit the fact it is repetitive does put me off watching it. I like it but don't think it's the classic that others do.
Rik likes this.
Old 10th May 2019, 10:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first two Hercules Tv movies.

Hercules and the Amazon women .

Hercules best bud is about to get married when a man appears asking for help to defend there village from monsters, when they get there they notice there are no women in the village and the villages all give descriptions of different monsters , Hercules and Iolaus go to confront them and soon learn they aren't monsters but Amazon's that have been taught to hate men by Hera queen of the gods. Hercules sets out to change there minds. Watch out for Lucy Lawless as one of the Amazon's 7/10

Hercules and lost city.

This time Hercules teams up with a young woman (Deianira) to search for the lost city of Troy, once they find it they find it's under siege by Heras preists. Like the first movie we have actors from Xena and Hercules playing different roles, first we have Renee O'Connor playing Deianira(Gabrielle) and Robert Trebor as a Slave(Salmoneus). 7/10

Now watching popcorn (1991).

Last edited by trebor8273; 10th May 2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11th May 2019, 12:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

It was a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Gotta admit the fact it is repetitive does put me off watching it. I like it but don't think it's the classic that others do.

Yeah, it’s funny because it’s Bill Murray, but it’s definitely no Caddyshack
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th May 2019, 06:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Aenigma (1987)

As far as Lucio Fulci horror goes, Aenigma is pretty abysmal with only one or two set pieces being highlights of a pretty uninspired affair about possession.

However one of those scenes, yes, the death by snails scene, is beautifully done and very disgusting, anyone with a phobia of all things slimy will most likely be reaching for the vomit bag. It's also the main reason Aenigma has rewatch value.

American Virgin (2009)

A little like Road Trip (2000) which is why i watched it, but in this case it's a God fearing virgin girl making the trip along with her obnoxious room mate and two male friends.

In all honesty i quite enjoyed it, it has some funny scenes and Jenna Dewan made for an engaging star as did Brianne Davis as the 'annoying room mate'. Even Rob Schneider as a sleazy video producer was watchable and got the comeuppance he deserved.

Yes the film is cliched as hell, Davis who comes over all punky and nasty at first naturally ends up best friends with Dewan. There's every chance if you are a fan of college sex comedies that you've seen this film before even if you actually haven't seen this film because there really is nothing new here but on the whole it's still pretty enjoyable if you like this sort of thing.

Ride a Crooked Trail (1958)

Decent if not spectacular Audie Murphy western featuring a fine co-starring turn from Walter Matthau who actually manages to look older in this than he did in The Taking of Pelham 123 some 15 years later. Liverpool born Gia Scala proves a worthwhile femme fatale and Henri Silva is Henri Silva.

It's one of those films predominantly made on the Universal backlot and lacks some of the panoramic views of the classics from the likes of John Ford.
Old 11th May 2019, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Popcorn.

A collage film class hold a horror marathon too raise money , while getting on old theatre ready they come across an old film,they soon discover that the director of the film was a serial killer and the end of the film was shot live and he was killed and most of the audience died in a fire, it turns out one of the film students has been having dreams simular to the film. The big night arrives and people start turning up dead, could the killer be back. Enjoyable with a nice twist ending , also enjoyed the movies we saw playing while the killer goes about his business. They had a 50s b-movie vibe. 7/10

The White Ape.

What did I just watch, the director made Ed Wood look like a great director. The story what I could make out is supposed to be about a white ape, but what we see makes little sense as it's 70% from a old silent film , 20% stock footage of animals and the last 10% what was filmed for the film ,with the lead spending all his time sitting down yapping about how he kept running away from danger. 3/10

Up tonight

Long hair of death

The murder mansion

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Last edited by trebor8273; 11th May 2019 at 08:25 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!