Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:16 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
House (1985)

Slickly made but juvenile horror comedy about an uninspired author who moves into his aunt's former house to get away from it all and write a new novel about his experiences in the Vietnam war until he starts getting tormented by a horde of evil spirits in the guise of rubbery monsters.

Not remotely scary nor is it funny barring the odd scene with George Wendt, this is an uncoordinated effort from director Steve Miner which often seems like a series of vignettes clumsily shaped into a film. One of those movies whose stills make it look a far superior affair to what we actually get on screen.
I only ever watched the first two films and the second one is worse just can't bring myself to watch the other two in the Arrow set. I was excited to own them because i hadn't seen the first one since i was a kid and i thought it was great at the time but as an adult i can now see they are shit
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:18 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Only 8 on this masterpiece? Where is the report button?

On topic

Creed II - or remake of Rocky IV with new characters - - I enjoyed - I have a soft spot for Rocky movies.
I dont give out 9s or 10s willy nilly
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:42 AM
Cult Master

5yIqUhlKaJFlCSqndSe4BWE7fW6.jpg

There high school friends have a sleepover and tell ghost stories one of which is about the legend of Bloody Mary if your say her name three times she will appear. Candyman Candyman Candym oh no wait Bloody Mary Bloody Ma bla bla bla bla bla jfishejeoonfbgsjnnskskakahdhdjdklmnvuexbkk Mary.

Cgi shitfest this was painful so much so i couldnt even make it to the end. Typical early 2000s horror shit acting and everything is cgi and we all hate nothing more than cgi kills and gore and spiders The amount of pillow fights at the sleep over was pretty embarrassing to watch for how clichéd it was and the one working in the tanning place her dialogue made me want to go on a bloody rampage around my town yeah like totally shut up shut up no totally

Stay way from this drivel pure and utter W**K
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

House II: The Second Story (1987)

I'd forgotten how bad this film was.

Basically an unfunny teen comedy featuring Royal Dano in 'dead man' make up as an old west old timer and a plot that has something to do with a Crystal Skull.

Dire.
Old 2nd July 2019, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The kiss 1988.

When her mother dies in a car accident, Amy and her dad Jack are picking their lives up, her Aunt Felice, who was separated from her sister at a young age, tries to reunite with her niece but with dark intentions.

Not the most entertaining horror with a long slow start, mixed tale of Witchcraft and Voodoo, it was pretty much fast paced or too fast with a murky atmosphere. Meredith Salenger and Joanna Paculla were the main reason I didn't switch it off. 4 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MV5BMjE0NDg4OTg0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTQzOTU5._V1_.jpg (37.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Crossing The Line (aka The Big Man) 1990.

A out of work Scottish miner struggling to feed his family, is accosted by a small time gangster to be a bare knuckle fighter but is drawn into something more deeper.

This was a little decent film, Liam Neeson stars as the struggling husband and family man with a fighting past drawn into a fight scene. Comedian and stand-up Billy Cononley stars along side as the gangster wannabe who provides some laughs with some drama and Pat Roach as the heavy handed man. Set and filmed around Strathclyde, Glasgow, I don't know how I managed to by pass this film. Worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MV5BMjAxNDM0NDcwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODM1Mzg5._V1_.jpg (26.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:41 PM
Cult Master

RiK started a trend with the house that some bloke built because since then we all seem to have been plagued by shit films
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

1ABA98F0-0D4B-4E58-9671-148FD12D96BC-20619-00000EEAAF18A7F1.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
RiK started a trend with the house that some bloke built because since then we all seem to have been plagued by shit films
I shall be watching the third film tonight.

I'm not expecting much.

I bought a set from MM last week that wasn't the same as what turned up so it's going back for a full refund. It was supposed to be the Anchor Bay box set but it's some cheapness from Digital Entertainment. The film quality is fine though...just the films themselves that suck.
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I shall be watching the third film tonight.

I'm not expecting much.

I bought a set from MM last week that wasn't the same as what turned up so it's going back for a full refund. It was supposed to be the Anchor Bay box set but it's some cheapness from Digital Entertainment. The film quality is fine though...just the films themselves that suck.
I seem to recall the third aka The Horror Show being ok. But 2 and 4 are complete arsefodder. I still like the first one and it's the only one I own.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!