Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

OIP.jpg
DEATH RACE 2000 (1975)

Always enjoyable future car race. Good designs on the cars, I especially like the way that German driver Matilda The Hun's car looks like a V1 rocket. Machine Gun Joe Viterbo's car looks pretty awesome with it's blade on the front with an early performance by Silvester stallone.
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 225567
DEATH RACE 2000 (1975)

Always enjoyable future car race. Good designs on the cars, I especially like the way that German driver Matilda The Hun's car looks like a V1 rocket. Machine Gun Joe Viterbo's car looks pretty awesome with it's blade on the front with an early performance by Silvester stallone.
It's always more violent than I remember it being.... better than the remakes ...
Demoncrat and Dave Boy like this.

Old 23rd June 2020, 10:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
It's always more violent than I remember it being.... better than the remakes ...
At least the remakes gave a new story to them, pretty decent remakes while not as good as the original, still a enjoyable watch but looks and seems very dated now tho.
Old 23rd June 2020, 07:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Diamonds are Forever. 1971.

A diamond smuggling ring leads James bond to Las Vegas with a business tycoon and arch nemesis Blofeld.

The last Sean Connery entry for the Bond franchise before this one was O.H.M.S.S. which i posted up last week and re-watched earlier...yeah i still stand on what i said about it.

This one seems to have more adventure, action and a lot of good comedy one liners from almost everyone even Charles Grey as Blofeld seems to find some humour as a villain. Jill St. John plays diamond smuggler Tiffany Case who wears a nice little nothing according to Bond, and Lana Wood who has plenty to show. From the pre credits you can tell Bond is still on his mission to find the man who killed his wife and seems to think he has achieved his goal, and the second time Shirley Bassey has sung the opening song. Perfect send off for Mr Connery to end his Bond days.

1_prhBLTbnv7dqguxcQ4Qa2g.jpg

[while fumbling inside the pipeline, Bond sees a rat]
James Bond: Well, one of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
James Bond: [sniffs] I'm afraid it's me. Sorry, old boy.
Old 23rd June 2020, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A evil Djinn is released from its prison in a gem, it sets about increasing its powers by fooling people to make a wish,with its main goal to unleash all the other Djinn on the earth turning it to hell on earth, this can only be accomplished if the person most responsible for his release makes three whishes. Some great kills and gore and is like a whos who of horror with the guest roles. 7/10

Robert Englund
Tony Todd
Kane Hodder
Ted Ramai
Angus Scrimm
Tom Savini
Reggie Bannister.

Now watching

Last edited by trebor8273; 23rd June 2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 23rd June 2020, 09:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Wishmaster is a very under-rated movie
Old 23rd June 2020, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Martin, Best In Show & The Exterminator

Martin

A teen believes that he is a Vampire so he stays with his Uncle who believes that the family is cursed.

George A. Romeo directs this film which is in the style of Dawn Of The Dead, where it's methodical with some gore scenes sprinkled in instead Of Day of The Dead which was more faster paced with a lot more gore.

Best In Show

Mockumentary film following numerous quirky Dog Owners as they enter a Dog Competition. This has it's moments which the commentators being the best characters.

The Exterminator

A Vietnam Veteran becomes a Vigilante after his friend is paralyzed by a Street Gang, he also wages war on the Mob and other lowlifes.

Love this film, really violent including one of my favorite deaths of all time. Could have done without the love story between The Police Detective and a Doctor though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m.jpg (12.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bis.jpg (12.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg te.jpg (11.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Live and Let Die. 1973.

After some British agents are killed James Bond is sent to uncover who killed them and a mogul Dr. Kananga is involved and is distributing heroin and uses a tarot reader Solitaire for help.

The first intro for Roger Moore as James Bond and what a way to start, some may agree or disagree that he may have had big shoes to fill after Connery's departure and managed to make the character his own under the guidance of director Guy Hamilton.

Bond teams up with C.I.A. Felix again as well as Quarell from the first Bond adventure Dr. No and agent Rosie Carver, mixed with New Orleans there is some dark parts involving Voodoo. Yaphet Kotto takes lead as the villain Kananga and Julius Harris as the clawed henchman TeeHee, Jane Seymour plays the Bond girl Ssolitaire and a perfect way to start off her acting career. After watching this and enjoying it after so many years i did wonder if this would hit the censors with the use of the word "honky".

61jdcubv65L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Solitaire: [Kananga has just died from the gas pellet shoved in his mouth] Where's Kananga?
James Bond: He always did have an inflated opinion of himself.
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Remains of the Day (1993)

I first saw this when it had it's vhs rental all those years ago, i couldn't remember a thing about it going into it twenty seven years later.

I have to say i found it very good. It's not an easy watch, in fact at times it's so frustrating, there's no real drama so to speak, the movie rests on the script and the performances of which both are so well realised.

Anthony Hopkins is brilliant in a powerful performance of restraint as the butler of Darlington Hall, his repressed relationship with Emma Thompson's (Equally brilliant) housekeeper is frustratingly yet beautifully played out as is the central story of Lord Darlington (James Fox) attempting to broker appeasement with Nazi Germany and incorporating Nazi racial views into his household.

The Remains of the Day is a subtle movie, it's stories of pride, misguided loyalty, wasted lives and loves that can never be are coaxed out into the open by director James Ivory and although there are several funny moments the overall effect is a superbly crafted film that is both beautifully poignant and engrossingly complex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remains_of_the_day.jpg (16.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 24th June 2020, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Man With The Golden Gun.

James Bond is now a target for the world's expensive assassin while attempting to recover a sensitive solar power equipment that's being sold to the highest bidder.

Bond has it wits pitted with when it comes down to Scaramanga played brilliantly by the late great Christopher Lee who plays the assassin and who only needs one bullet to kill. Britt Ekland plays the operative Mary Goodnight who she and Bond seem to have a love/hate relationship. Maud Adams plays Andrea Anders who is Scaramanga's lady friend. With every villain there is always a helper, in this it's Nick Nack played by Herve Villechaize (da plane..bad joke i know), here Scaramanga and Nick Nack seem to have a humorous relationship in which the main bad guy never seems to mistreat him.

The setting in Hong Kong looked amazing as well as Beirut even to see if they have nice belly dancers there with a lucky charm, it doesn't really have the explosive adventure as the previous films but does have a good car chase and the return of Clifton James J.W. Pepper on holiday who gets roped in to the chase.

1_9rLxIVPUsIw_j35PU1RtPw.jpg

Sheriff J.W. Pepper: What's goin' on with you? What the hell you doin' now, boy? The bridge is that way!
[Sheriff Pepper sees Bond is about to drive over a wrecked bridge]
Sheriff J.W. Pepper: You're not gonna...
James Bond: [mimicking Pepper's Southern accent] I sure am, boy! Ever hear of Evel Knievel?

Like this? Share it using the links below!