Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

cloud 7th October 2008 08:18 PM

You got me there, reaps! :rofl:

Anyone have a spare disc of The Exorcist they don't want?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th October 2008 08:26 PM

Please give a disc a good home!-For a one off payment of four quid,you can make a miserly Manc a happy bunny for life.
We need your donation now!
CALL O8OO 69 69 69 and save a miser from suffering the pain and heartache of parting with a few quid.
YOU HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!

Misers anon. is registered charity no.2323232322
(only 2p of each donation will go to the 'victim'-the rest will go to a greedy Scotch bastard.Please contact for full terms and conditions)
Calls charged at forty quid a minute.

cloud 7th October 2008 08:31 PM

What he just said :D.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th October 2008 08:36 PM

Seriously pally-I've got a spare Exorcist somewhere-I'll have a rummage and pop it in the post-

SCOTCH CORNER PRICE LIST
1ST CLASS 72P
2ND CLASS 48P
JIFFY BAG 1.20
EXTRA BUBBLE WRAP 15P EXTRA-Well worth protecting your disc in transit.
KITCHEN ROLL 8P PER SHEET

RECORDED DELIVERY-TOO DEAR TO THE MIDLANDS-NOT AVAILABLE.:jest:

mark meakin 8th October 2008 08:00 AM

Err changing the subject.I saw All The Boys Love Mandy Lane but I certainly can't recommend it.I found it boring & totally predictable.:(

TALL DUDE 8th October 2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 15354)
Err changing the subject.I saw All The Boys Love Mandy Lane but I certainly can't recommend it.I found it boring & totally predictable.:(

Same here mate.Saw it at the flicks and found it very dull,with a laughable ending.

Another trawl to the shops today with my old dear,and once again ended up spending money i can ill afford,its all me mums fault.
Bought rec,the deaths of ian stone and fido in a zavvi three for twenty quid deal.
Also got the first transatlantic cd(prog rock) for a measely ?3. Bargain.

Oh,and legion of the dead and rise of the dead arrived through the post from amazon today. BLOODY HELL!!!:D

TALL DUDE 8th October 2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 15348)
Seriously pally-I've got a spare Exorcist somewhere-I'll have a rummage and pop it in the post-

SCOTCH CORNER PRICE LIST
1ST CLASS 72P
2ND CLASS 48P
JIFFY BAG 1.20
EXTRA BUBBLE WRAP 15P EXTRA-Well worth protecting your disc in transit.
KITCHEN ROLL 8P PER SHEET

RECORDED DELIVERY-TOO DEAR TO THE MIDLANDS-NOT AVAILABLE.:jest:

Just like that kitchen roll, you and cloud are creasing me up!!:rofl:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th October 2008 05:00 PM

Way of the Dragon with Bruce Lee-first time I'd seen it-well worth it!
For anyone who's only seen the Vipco version of SHOGUN ASSASSIN,I suugest you seek out the AWE version-it's like bloody night and day!

Halloween_22 8th October 2008 07:03 PM

Some of my play.com titles arrived in the post today. Sleepaway Camp Boxset, Exterminator, CHUD 2, Mother of Tears, Trauma and Ghosts of Edendale.
Hopefully the others should be along shortly. Cant wait to watch Exterminator, I got the Intervision pre-cert vhs off ebay a while back but the bloody tapes knackered :rolleyes: I'll be interested to see Mother of Tears aswell, heard mixed things about it.

TALL DUDE 8th October 2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 15404)
Some of my play.com titles arrived in the post today. Sleepaway Camp Boxset, Exterminator, CHUD 2, Mother of Tears, Trauma and Ghosts of Edendale.
Hopefully the others should be along shortly. Cant wait to watch Exterminator, I got the Intervision pre-cert vhs off ebay a while back but the bloody tapes knackered :rolleyes: I'll be interested to see Mother of Tears aswell, heard mixed things about it.

Mother of tears is a bit ropey,but not half as bad as some were making it out to be.
It has argento's trademark violence,tempered with some pretty poor acting.
Let us know what you think of it.

Chud 2,i aint seen in years,mainly because as a sequel to the brilliant original,it sucked bigtime,and was about as funny as a dose of herpes.
Again,let me know what you think of it.If you aint got the original,you could do a lot worse than pick up the anchor bay r1,which has a different ending from the old medusa vhs(the ending to this,featuring a young john goodman is roughly two thirds in to the ab release. Strange.)

Exterminator is class. Ghosts of edendale is sov,which detracts a whole lot from the feel of the film.

Apart from that,enjoy your flicks hal.:D;)