Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2023, 03:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
True, just the fact that I made it to the end of 'Microwave Massacre' probably tells you all you need to know about my mental state...
I never thought of it like that.

I'm so sorry.
Old 15th February 2023, 03:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I never thought of it like that.

I'm so sorry.
... cue the sound of maniacal laughter over a badly played harpsichord!
Old 15th February 2023, 03:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
... cue the sound of maniacal laughter over a badly played harpsichord!
Well you got it for that reply anyway. A genuine laugh at your comment.
Old 15th February 2023, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It was better than Annabel comes home but that's about it , it was a interesting enough idea but was poorly executed with few genuine scares.

Now watching.

Old 15th February 2023, 09:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ocean's 8

A all female team lead by Sandra Bullock attempt to steal a valuable Necklace. Co-Starring Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter and Rhianna amongst others. Having it so that it's Danny's Sister has some continuity with the other Ocean's Films and it's not bad.

There is a rather significant plot point which may come into play should there be more Ocean Films.

Wakaliwood Supa Action: Volume 1

Yes I took the plunge, this is the Ugandan Cinema release from 101 Films and AGFA and TBH, I don't know how to judge this as it was severely low budget but they give it everything but the cost of the Blu-Ray was the same as a Blockbuster release such as Top Gun: Maverick, so should I hold it to the same standards?

I watched Who Killed Captain Alex? and it was rather enjoyable, decent Action scenes and some good Martial Arts. The F/X is like Birdemic standards but it's part of the charm.

I think that the talking point would be the use of a VJ talking all over the Film, TBH, he was funny in places but annoying in others.

I tried watching Bad Black straight afterwards but couldn't get into it. It's possible that watching them back to back isn't a good idea and it's best to watch them separately.

On the Blu-Ray, there are Trailers for other Wakaliwood Films and as this was Volume 1, then these could be next. There were a couple of Cannibal Films, which didn't look too bad, all things considering. Chances are, they are better than the Eurocine Cannibal Films.

I would compare it to Troma Films.

Rocky Balboa

The end of this particular part of the Franchise sees Rocky V never existed and he is retired and running a Restaurant. But after a Computer Simulation sees him beating the reigning Heavyweight Champion, he comes out of retirement to face him for real.

When I first saw this, I really enjoyed it and repeated viewings had me getting bored until the Boxing aspects were on. The montage scene of him training whilst Gonna Fly Now was on is still amazing and I loved that the main Fight had the actual HBO Graphics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oe.jpg (11.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg wsav1.jpg (14.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg rb.jpg (10.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 15th February 2023, 09:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Ocean's 8

A all female team lead by Sandra Bullock attempt to steal a valuable Necklace. Co-Starring Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter and Rhianna amongst others. Having it so that it's Danny's Sister has some continuity with the other Ocean's Films and it's not bad.

There is a rather significant plot point which may come into play should there be more Ocean Films.
I thought this was better than the two sequels to the original remake.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 15th February 2023, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Ocean's 8

I didn't enjoy this one much. But I didn't like the sequels to the original much either. I suppose it's marginally better than Oceans 12.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 15th February 2023, 11:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Infinity Pool (2022, Brandon Cronenberg)

Or what we did on our holidays
Meeting people abroad is half the fun .... no?
This might need a rewatch (and some drink ) as I felt that I had sort of seen this sort of carry on before. Shame. Visually, it's stunningly disorientating in places, but the actual story .... still, Mia Goth goes for it again and it doesn't drag. Hmmmm.

I watched two trailers, Fast X () and Skinamarink ... wow, I could see what was going on, so I rewatch is imminent.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th February 2023, 10:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mulholland Drive. 2001.

David Lynch has a weird unique way of making films, don't believe me check out Eraserhead, This was a blind watch for me and to be honest this was another film that should have been watched long ago before now. The interpretation seems to be like watching someone else's nightmarish dream, yes it did get a bit confusing then managed to understand it fully. Naomi Harris and and Laura Harring are the two main female leads and their acting in this is superb and knew how to create a lot of energy with their characters. This may not be for everyone's taste buds but certainly worth a glance.

mulholland_dr-202x300.jpg
Old 16th February 2023, 11:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Haunted Honeymoon. 1986.

Gene Wilder stars and directs this little comedy caper that spoofs the old 1940s Dark House horror films, here he is a radio actor along with his fiance Gilda Radner (in her last film) who travel to the old family Gothic style mansion for their wedding and the family intend to scare them while the family aunt Dom DeLuise believes one of the family to be a werewolf. Paul L Smith plays the Uncle and psychiatrist and he did creep me the F@?K out when I saw this back in the day along with magician Jim Carter and his glowing eyes. Jonathan Pryce plays the almost broke cousin and Peter Vaughn as the family lawyer and brother. The film did get some criticism when it was first released and the jokes are a bit outdated but can still bring a laugh.

MV5BODRkM2UyNTktZTk4Ni00NTM5LThhZWYtZDUyY2NlYmRiZjc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MjU0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!