Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2023, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The dvd of The Ghost of St. Michaels has been in my wishlist for ever and a day and i've still not seen it.
Old 19th April 2023, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Last Hunter

A Soldier in Vietnam is sent on a mission to find someone who is communicating propaganda via Radio to U.S. Soldiers. Along the way he finds a female reporter and other U.S. Soldiers. However they have to deal with Vietnamese Soldiers along the way. I remember hearing that this is the War Film for Horror Fans and whilst it is violent, it wasn't as violent, I was expecting but it's short, no real lulls and it's enjoyable.

All in all, a good start for Treasured Films making their debut with a known Film that hasn't already had a Blu-Ray release. But I am shocked that 88 Films didn't get ahold of it.

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Most of the characters from the 1st Film is back and again it's rather hit and miss. I did enjoy the Joseph Gordon Levitt storyline but found the one with Josh Brolin and Eva Green a bit too long and got boring.

Movie 43

A series of Short Comedy Films with A-List names which is part of a storyline of some Teens looking online for the most banned Film in the world. My favorites are the ones with Liev Schribber and Naomi Watts Home Schooling their Son and Richard Gere and his company's dubious latest product.

This Film has been universally panned but I don't get that, whilst it's not the greatest Film in the world, it certainly not the worst. Maybe it's got all these famous stars, I don't know but I am wondering if it had B-List stars instead then it may have gotten better reviews.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lh.jpg (15.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg scadtkf.jpg (13.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg m43.jpg (17.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 19th April 2023, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The dvd of The Ghost of St. Michaels has been in my wishlist for ever and a day and i've still not seen it.
If it goes for a good price I'd recommend it
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 20th April 2023, 12:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Even Lambs Have Teeth. 2015.

Two friends traveling to New York are kidnapped by.a few locals in a small town. When the girls see a opportunity to escape, they take it and go out for revenge.

Another female revenge film this time it's double trouble for the captors and it doesn't get any better. The acting and dialogue is not the best. How they get revenge is good as long as nobody says a word but that never happens. Right at the start it is noticeable the acting won't be great star quality. Only one scene will maybe make you squirm and feel uncomfortable to watch. Not one I'd recommend.

afe0fc083a5521ba931958b2194ebbfd66afbec63a7cfad7ee5e5d9747f074eb._UY500_UX667_RI_V_TTW_.jpg
Old 20th April 2023, 04:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Extract (2009, Mike Judge)

Jason Bateman runs a business. Pouring his troubles out to the local bartender (Ben Affleck), they concoct a rather wacky scheme. Into the midst of this comes grifter Mila Kunis.
Whilst not as laugh out loud as Office Space, it did make me laugh a lot, which is all I ask from a comedy.

Attack Of The Beast Creatures (1985)

Wish I had watched this with Algol, as it's set in 1920
Shipwreck survivors bicker and squabble whilst trying to evade the titular types. Had fun initially with this one due to the bloody awful dialogue, but it became a slog. The only reason I really stayed to the end was that the demon approved of the scampering noise they made as they flee the scene tee hee

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 20th April 2023 at 08:13 PM.
Old 20th April 2023, 05:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jeepers Creepers: Reborn. 2022.

After the atrocity of the previous film and what the director had done i swore off watching this, but nobody who was involved in the previous films turn up in this, not even Jonathan Breck who played the creeper so we got a different actor in the role.

So we got the legend of the creeper which is a big YouTube hit for some reason its not a mainstream TV show, a young couple heading to the middle of nowhere for a Halloween cosplay even a weird psychic lady. The young couple are joined by wannabe show makers to view a house thats connected to the creeper and voodoo which he was promised a baby...for what purpose is never explained. We got some blood and gore but for the plot itself is a waste of time, this can easily be avoidable or probably better as background noise.

pyFyhcXx4kNnLbzEY5z5fc3RehQ.jpg

Last edited by MrBarlow; 20th April 2023 at 06:14 PM.
Old 20th April 2023, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Taking a few months after the last movie the last movie the crew heading to earth to face the consequences of there action from the last movie, nearing earth they learn it's under attack by unknowing probe. To save the earth they need to find some humpback whales but they are extinct and so the crew set of for the past to save the future .

Probably still my favourite of all the Star Trek movies and it never takes its self seriously and is a lot of fun and appeals to none sci-fi /Trekkies as well . As has been mentioned before Gillian the marine biologist character was originally going to be written for Eddie Murphy.

Well that was shit , hell it's a insult to shit to call this shit. Gone and never mentioned are the characters from the first , what we get is a bunch of unlikable idiots . A dying scientist the guy from nightbreed with a bonkers accent gets hold of dracs body to cure his illness but that's about it nothing happens , the movie is so boring Dracula is vastly underpowered to what he was in the first and looks like a knock-off Spike from Buffy. Will give the third a try as no way it can be this bad, this made the first look like a movie of Casablanca quality .

Now watching

Off too see this tomorrow, but will have to go by myself as noone I know likes horrors , Renfield is about there limit.

Last edited by trebor8273; 20th April 2023 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Embedded the Trek trailer - No i haven't. That's odd. Even going to Youtube and starting again brings the same result.
Old 20th April 2023, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Happy Birthday To Me (1981, J Lee Thompson)

Paramount caper.
Well then. I can only imagine that if you sealed a fidgety 10 year old in a room and forced them to sit through an Argento flick, then told them to transcribe what they watched ... this would be the result
Virginia has ... some issues, but her friends' wacky japes keep her from dwelling on the past ... mostly.
Glenn Ford turns up as shrink, proving that The Visitor is not the maddest film he appears in
The reveal ... is a doozy certainly.

I watched the Evil Dead Rise trailer after it.
What's all that about then? Is it set in a hotel then? COUGH.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th April 2023, 08:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Haunting Of Molly Hartley. 2008.

This was something that we have seen before, sick child, parents pray to the man upstairs and a stranger comes and tells them they can save the child and make a deal with the devil...or devil's aide. Even though this was 15 cert it seemed more aimed for teenagers rather than mature adults, it does deal with a few mental health issues and more psychological fear rather than haunting. The actors do try their best with what they have but didnt exactly wow me over but maybe the sequel might be better, going into it on a blind watch.

51+Cek2LAvL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 20th April 2023, 08:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Slashy Ashy goes to a secluded cabin in the woods with his friends and girlfriend , when Ash plays a tape recorder everything literally goes too hell. It's still very gory but it's quite tame by today's standards as we see worse on TV. A classic , it always 50/50 in which I enjoy more this or the sequel .

Now for something completely different and no it's not Monty Python.

Like this? Share it using the links below!