Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179784Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2010, 11:22 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Cass - I watched this this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Biopic about Cass Pennant, one of the leading hooligans of West Ham United's ICF (Inter City Firm), quite a few regular faces that seem to be in these sort of films including Tamer Hassan in a small role and the real Cass Pennant and Frank Bruno (Yes Frank Bruno!!!) as a couple of doormen.

Pennant is played by Nonso Anozie who I feel did a really good job in the role.

Old 28th September 2010, 04:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw Pontypool last night on Horror channel. This film is not for everyone as it is very slow paced and not much happens. I like to think alot about what happens in a film and analys it. So this is why I enjoyed it. Could have done with a better ending as the film builds up and up then sizzles out.
Old 28th September 2010, 05:14 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Watched Dolph Lundgren in THE KILLING MACHINE, it was enjoyable enough, above average for this sort of DTV actioner, quite brutal at times too.

Old 28th September 2010, 09:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just came back from cinema where Kelly and I watched The Town and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ben Affleck is certainly a director I'm going to keep a close eye on.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 28th September 2010, 09:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

DAI KAIJU GAMERA aka GIANT MONSTER GAMERA, also it was the Japanese subtitled version.

Old 29th September 2010, 11:03 PM
Active Cultist

Orphan. Really liked it. Evil kid films dont usually do anything for me but I thought this was done really well.
Old 30th September 2010, 07:25 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I thought Orphan was done very well and, unusually for me, I didn't see the ending coming so was pleasantly surprised by the whole film.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:05 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched REC again last night. Hadn't seen it since it was released originally and enjoyed it more this time. The bit near the end when he looks in the loft still almost gave me a heart attack.
Old 30th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Stuart Gordons CASTLE FREAK last night. Good movie. Re-animator was alway's going to be a tough act to follow, but this film was surprisingly good, I really enjoyed it. The idea of it, and the script was pretty good. The creature in this was really well realised, and very creepy. Nicely designed, and performed extremely well by the actor that played him. A very tragic figure, to say the least. (The freak, not the actor.) The casting in this was interesting, the fact that it was Jeffery Combs and Barbara Crampton in the leads, helped the film a lot. This is a good, back to basics horror film, which captivated me throughout. If you haven't seen this yet, it's well worth a watch.
If you like your Stuart Gordon movies, then it's also worth watching the film EDMOND too. This is one of Gordons better movies for sure, but maybe not to everyones taste. Just watch it and find out for yourselves, I guess...
Old 30th September 2010, 10:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Watched Stuart Gordons CASTLE FREAK last night. Good movie. Re-animator was alway's going to be a tough act to follow, but this film was surprisingly good, I really enjoyed it. The idea of it, and the script was pretty good. The creature in this was really well realised, and very creepy. Nicely designed, and performed extremely well by the actor that played him. A very tragic figure, to say the least. (The freak, not the actor.) The casting in this was interesting, the fact that it was Jeffery Combs and Barbara Crampton in the leads, helped the film a lot. This is a good, back to basics horror film, which captivated me throughout. If you haven't seen this yet, it's well worth a watch.
If you like your Stuart Gordon movies, then it's also worth watching the film EDMOND too. This is one of Gordons better movies for sure, but maybe not to everyones taste. Just watch it and find out for yourselves, I guess...
Edmond is a fantastic film, well worth a watch indeed. I'll have to check out Castle Freak now for sure.

Just finished watching Storm Warning, it was okay. Stereotype characters and unlikeable lead man but it had some great gory kills and the best anti rape device I've ever seen

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!