Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179943Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2014, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just watched Blackfish, traumatising stuff indeed. Definitely not going back to Sea world now no matter how fun it was last time I visited. Can't be seen to be contributing to such a "cause"

Next up V/H/S 2, just finished the Ride in the Park Zombie section, it was sooooo good
keirarts likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 22nd March 2014, 07:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just watched Blackfish, traumatising stuff indeed. Definitely not going back to Sea world now no matter how fun it was last time I visited. Can't be seen to be contributing to such a "cause"
I watched Blackfish a couple of days ago and thought it was superb – it really shows the power of the documentary film. I haven't been to SeaWorld or any marine park, and now won't. If anyone is thinking of going to SeaWorld or the like, Blackfish is compulsory viewing and will definitely put you off.

I've just finished watching Escape Plan and really enjoyed it. I'm certainly not the world's biggest fan of Stallone or Schwarzenegger action movies, but found it to be an involving action thriller, which is highly recommended for those who are big fans of Stallone and Schwarzenegger's films.
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd March 2014, 07:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Blackfish a couple of days ago and thought it was superb – it really shows the power of the documentary film. I haven't been to SeaWorld or any marine park, and now won't. If anyone is thinking of going to SeaWorld or the like, Blackfish is compulsory viewing and will definitely put you off.
I went to the Orlando one just 2 years ago and saw Tilikum, if I'd known he was captured from the wild and is responsible for several fatalities I never would have gone (not that I blame him for the killings at all, the poor thing is mentally destroyed) Kelly and I were planning on returning this year but will definitely be avoiding Seaworld. Annoyingly though Busch Gardens is owned by Seaworld and that is a fantastic theme park. I may have to look into it more before I decide whether or not to avoid Busch Gardens too

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:13 PM
Cult Addict

BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA. Two children, ignored by their parents and bullied at school escape into a fantasy world. Wow, this is one heavy kids flick that shifts gears so dramatically in the final third of the film, me and the little MTDSs felt like we had been slapped in the face. Can't recommend this one highly enough for those who have kids, or not for that matter but just make sure your little ones aren't overly sensitive as the film really packs an emotional punch. Excellent stuff.
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA. Two children, ignored by their parents and bullied at school escape into a fantasy world. Wow, this is one heavy kids flick that shifts gears so dramatically in the final third of the film, me and the little MTDSs felt like we had been slapped in the face. Can't recommend this one highly enough for those who have kids, or not for that matter but just make sure your little ones aren't overly sensitive as the film really packs an emotional punch. Excellent stuff.
I watched it the other week, my girlfriends daughters love it and insisted that I watch it, definitely recommended
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Had me and the future Mrs balling our eyes out

Old 22nd March 2014, 08:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I watched it the other week, my girlfriends daughters love it and insisted that I watch it, definitely recommended
Rik, did you "get something in your eye" like I did near the end?
Rik likes this.
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some recent viewings

Phantom of the opera 1989

Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by this, which was a lot better than I expect. The real highlight was englunds excellent performance one of the best I have seen from him, nothing we haven't seen before but it was all done very well and glad to own it. 7.5/10

Sgt Kabukiman

Stupid and silly but I really enjoyed this bit of troma nonsense. 8/10

The nightmare never ends

Remember seeing a cut down version of this in a horror analogue with another two story's , this was my favourite so was interested to see what the full film was like. To be oh sets it's not the best film but it had a certain charm and I really liked it and the guy playing the part of the demon was very disturbing and creepy. 7.5/10

Curse of Frankenstein

A classic. Nothing else to say. 9.5/10

Runaway

A enjoyable action movie with tom selleck, gene Simmons and Kirsty alley amongst others. 8.5/10

Godzilla vs king ghindorah. 1991

A very enjoyable movie which has it all, time travel, Godzilla, terminator type robot, bionic monsters and dinosaurs. 8/10

The challenge 1982

Very enjoyable film about a sword and waring brothers in which boxer Scott Glenn gets mixed up in. Hoping for a blu ray release of the lost gem. 8.5/10

Atlantis interceptors

Another fantastic piece of lost 80s cheese which is screaming out for a DVD or blu ray release. Not going to spoil the fantastically weird and bizarre story for those who have not seen it. 8/10

Damnation alley

We have George peppard , Paul Winfield and Jan Michael Vincent . In the tale of a group of survivors who set out following a radio signal after the earth is knocked of its axis after a nuclear war. queue inbreed red neck survivors, giant scorpions and a cool looking RV. 8/10

Next up the legacy 1978
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Had me and the future Mrs balling our eyes out
Missed you post whilst replying to Rik. Yeah, it's amazingly emotional. We just sat there in stunned silence for the final part of the film. First film to make me tear up since "Up".
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Rik, did you "get something in your eye" like I did near the end?
I did indeed, pretended that I'd accidently poked myself in the eye
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!