All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179842Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2015, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Corruption (1968)

I have to say i was hugely disappointed with this.

Perhaps i was caught up in the hoo-ha regarding Peter Cushing hating the film due to it's violence and general misogynistic nature. Cushing couldn't have been that appalled as he went to work with the same director two years later on the dire Bloodsuckers.

Perhaps i was expecting more violence and not just in a deleted scene, perhaps i was expecting more from director Robert Hartford-Davis, he who directed a personal favourite of mine in The Black Torment?

Perhaps it's the films general lack of direction. Did it want to be a horror film, a swinging sixties teen movie or a home invasion flick? Or perhaps i was just generally expecting a different beast to that which unraveled itself out on my tv screen.

I need to watch it again, perhaps with a more open mind.

Far too many perhaps...i sound like Doris Day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MPW-54420.jpg (49.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 6th January 2015, 06:38 AM
Cult Addict

Woman in black 2.

While perhaps not as good as the first, the lack of name star actually adds something to the movie. I liked the first movie but Radcliffes presence actually dragged me out of it at certain points. Its actually had Susan hills involvement and updates the setting to ww2 where a group of evacuees are sent to eel marsh house. The film has a nice gloomy atmosphere and some pretty good scenes but doesn't hold together all that well, that said its a million times better than that piece of $h1t ANNABELLE or Hammers own THE QUIET ONES.

Graduation day.

Cheap, cheerful and completely stupid. Graduation day takes place over the last few days of high school, after the death of one of the schools track team. Her sister heads home and gets mixed up in the killings. Christopher George is roped in to sell the film and does a fine job as the sleazy coach, the killings are often bizarre and bloody with some cheap effects but the whole piece is a lot of cheap fun. The new Blu-ray looks great and the scream queens documentary is excellent.
Old 6th January 2015, 03:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Also watched Oculus, Dead Snow 2 and the German Blu release of Dead Heat. Loved 'em all! If you ain't seen them...check them out asap.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 6th January 2015, 03:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Cabin Fever 2:Spring Fever this afternoon (recorded from The Horror Channel last night), absolute garbage, it's no wonder Ti West has disowned it, I would too!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th January 2015, 05:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

On Sunday I watched all six Rocky films!

Rocky deserves his own thread btw.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th January 2015, 05:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE BABADOOK-Now this film has had rave reviews everywhere,Kermode even named it as his film of the year.
It WAS fantastic,creepy,spot on performances from the two main characters,and then the last two minutes **** it all up......I won't say too much for those who haven't seen it,but those who have,will probably know what I'm talking about......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th January 2015, 05:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sex Tape-a few humourous moments,and Ms Diaz seems to be getting more daring as she gets older,but it was rather tedious....

Old 6th January 2015, 05:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

SHOCK WAVES BLU RAY-The best it's ever looked!

New and INTERESTING interviews on the Blue Underground disc,so kudos to them for that.
I don't usually watch extras,but these anecdotes of what happened with Carradine and Cushing are well worth watching!
keirarts and demonknight like this.

Old 6th January 2015, 05:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE CRITERION BLU RAY

The first I've ever sat and watched this all the way through,and it was worth the effort.

Need to unwrap the Pan's Labyrinth steely next....
keirarts likes this.

Old 6th January 2015, 05:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

RED SCORPION Arrow Blu Ray.

One of Dolph's more entertaining numbers.
The producers didn't half like their Little Richard music eh?

Like this? Share it using the links below!