Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179956Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2017, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Ghost train

A group of strangers are stranded at a station and told they can't stay and are informed of a tragedy that occurred and the ghost train passes.

This is one of the best British comedies of the 1940s and was written by Arnold Ridley (private Godfrey from dad's army). Arthur Asked provides us with good comedy.
Old 10th May 2017, 09:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wink

A classic it might be dated buts still far better than any of the remakes for me the wonderful stop motion effects stand the test of time. A true classic. 9.8/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21c8389a5f88a8cced56773e2e199c0b.jpg (102.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 10th May 2017, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

A classic it might be dated buts still far better than any of the remakes for me the wonderful stop motion effects stand the test of time. A true classic. 9.8/10
Made by craftsmen (and women) treb, of course it still works....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th May 2017, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nothing remotely to do with the first film , here a man is bit by a radioactive snake on his hand, its not long before he begins to feel strange and his hand mutates into a snake which goes on a killing spree, not a lot really happens till the last third of the movie , but its worth the wait for the gross and gory effects near the end when he mutates into a snake creature and whole snakes come out of his mouth, gross and creepy doesn't do it justice. 6.7/10

Next up a classic 50s B movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c71ac043ec382cdb4a2fd114c1eba274.jpg (103.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 10th May 2017, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've seen that.

Kill List (2010, Ben Wheatley)

Dreamlike, to be actually like a dream would not a cohesive, or conventionally linear film make. Or maybe I just have weird dreams. The logic contained within those is something I've yet to see achieved on screen really, small flickers here and there, and this one is no exception. But it is still a gripping piece imho.
After a lengthy lay off Jay goes back to work with his jolly chum Gal. A mixture of outdoor and office based work. All aided by handy equipment and supplies. They relax with a bonfire.
Then go camping......

"Now, I'm gonna bury my cat and you can fcuk off out of my gaff!!"
Film. 9/10.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th May 2017, 05:19 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Made by craftsmen (and women) treb, of course it still works....
The greatest special effects film ever made

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th May 2017, 07:35 AM
Cult Addict

francesca

A nouveau-giallo along the lines of Amer & strange colour of your body's tears. Its a sequel of sorts to Sonno Profondo, a low budget homage to 70's giallo pictures that for me was possibly more successful at capturing the tone of the films of that era than the former pictures. Plot wise its the usual tale of madness, murder and obsession with the same minimal use of dialogue, the film is more reliant on the score and the poetic imagery to tell its tale and create a unique atmosphere than any expositional dialogue much to its credit. Its very minimalistic and runs a little under 80 minutes (sonno Profondo is a little over an hour!) and wont be to all tastes. Its worth a look however.
Old 11th May 2017, 07:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Blade Runner (Final Cut 2007)

I hadn't planned on watching this, due to the amount of unwatched discs I have, but recent discussions about Deckard being a replicant or not made me want to check how obvious it is in the Final Cut.
Various points during the film we are given clues to this, his eyes glowing like a replicant in one scene, the "unicorn dream/origami" sequence, the fact he can climb a building quickly with two broken fingers, the beatings he gets without lasting damage...

While not blatantly obvious, as I first thought, it's still pretty clear Deckard is a replicant.

9/10

Now for the big question, is it Childs or MacReady that is the thing at the end of Carpenter's The Thing? (I've always thought it was Childs)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th May 2017, 07:50 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Now for the big question, is it Childs or MacReady that is the thing at the end of Carpenter's The Thing? (I've always thought it was Childs)
i'm pretty sure it's macready
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th May 2017, 07:54 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Watch the clip!

Lets just say that one of them isn't breathing!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!