Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2017, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Decided to give up on hitchhiker's and going to give this a watch, had for months and never got round to watching
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51QJENVYJDL.jpg (46.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 11th May 2017, 08:18 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Milfs Vs Zombies

Okayish bad taste comedy with a nice line in crude humour and a love of old school pigs guts special effects.
Old 11th May 2017, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Harbinger down Aka inanimate.

In the 80s a Russian space ship crashes in Bering Sea. 30years later, a group of graduate student get a ride on a students grandad's crab fishing boat to check on global warming on Sea life come across the space ship and are exposed to a organism.

Film has a good leading role with Lance Henriksen, this film is like The Thing Meets Leviathan but interesting to watch 6.5 out of 10.
Old 11th May 2017, 09:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Sweeney 2 (1978)

While the first Sweeney film was a welcome cinema outing for the great British 1970's cop show, it did slightly miss the mark a little, instead of dealing with all the petty criminal's and blaggers which scatter the Sweeney's manner.Instead, it dealt with political intrigue and a conspiracy and blackmail of a British politician, not really the usual bread and butter criminals we had become accustomed to in the television series and seemed a little bit out of the Flying Squad's remit.Although it did retain a smattering of what made the series great, a topless Lynda Bellingham being one of them.The second film called Sweeney 2 (1978) (there's a surprise) is much more like it, incorporating everything that was good about the series and adding a smattering of gory violence and some bad language and a little bit of T and A as well.Basically, Inspector Jack Regan and his loyal sidekick Sergeant George Carter and the rest of the team of the Flying Squad are on the trail of a bunch of dangerous and violent armed robbers who are spectacularly robbing banks and leaving a trail of death and destruction in their wake. Sweeney 2 is certainly a lot more faster paced than the previous outing, with plenty of car crashes and tooled up hard men.There is no doubt that they sexed it up a little knowing that they had stiff competition from the likes of Starsky and Hutch and American cop movies like Magnum Force.But there is no doubt were are on British soil, except when the boys fly out to Mediterranean to confront the robbers in their idyllic homes abroad.And like the television series, there are so many familiar faces of that period from good old Denholm Elliott as a corrupt police chief to a young looking Nigel Hawthorne as a new Police chief.Strange that originally this was only given a AA certificate yet it feels more violent, I think this is mainly down to the gritty feel of the film, it makes no apologies for what it is, and gives the fans of the show what they want...

Old 11th May 2017, 10:34 PM
Cult Addict

Watching Jason Bourne. I'm only a little over halfway but nothing much is gonna save this almighty cockup. Jason Bourne is alive and well following his satisfyingly ambiguous demise at the end of Ultimatum (for my money the best of the series). For reasons I'm not sure of, he resurfaces and Tommy Lee Jones has a hard-on for him. So does Vincent Cassell. I thought the Jeremy Renner starring Bourne Legacy was weak but it's head and shoulders above this incoherrant mess.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Watching Jason Bourne. I'm only a little over halfway but nothing much is gonna save this almighty cockup. Jason Bourne is alive and well following his satisfyingly ambiguous demise at the end of Ultimatum (for my money the best of the series). For reasons I'm not sure of, he resurfaces and Tommy Lee Jones has a hard-on for him. So does Vincent Cassell. I thought the Jeremy Renner starring Bourne Legacy was weak but it's head and shoulders above this incoherrant mess.
I can't get that image of him in Team America out of my head, so any film with him is ruined from the off
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th May 2017, 10:44 PM
Cult Addict

Never watched Team America. Can't stand that sort of shite. While I'm not a big fan, Matt Damon is easily the best thing in this.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Alien Covenant

6.5/10
Old 11th May 2017, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I was completely bored in the first hour.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was completely bored in the first hour.
Likewise. I'm a stubborn twat that has to try getting to the end. But its really really shite. I'm normally quite partial to Tommy Lee Jones performances but even he is dire in this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!