Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28687Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2013, 06:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Up until now they weren't, however until we know different i accept the McGann ones can be classed as canon. Only because character names were mentioned.

I still see canon as having been referenced by the tv stories and not the other way round.

Molly's great by the way. Dark Eyes was fantastic.
Doctor Who in my eyes has no fixed continuity. Many of the TV stories I actually discount. If we simply go off the TV series, Atlantis has been destroyed at least five different reasons! I say just let the fans get on with it and make up individual plans. I personally see everything as being part of a multiverse, with the majority of them being set in a central time line and certain others being from others. Also, timey whimey.

DVD and BD collection
Old 14th November 2013, 11:55 PM
Cult Addict

That was sublime, probably one of the most impressive regenerations esp when compared to colin bakers. I always liked Paul Mcgan and it just makes you want more. But a good send off and great to finally see a connection made. Just hope the 50th lives up to that now.
Old 15th November 2013, 04:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just watched it again and still very impressed. Still maintain it should have been longer (although I understand why it wasn't) as the big decision seemed a little rushed (even with him about to die) but it's a great way to connect the old episodes with the new one. Interested to see Smith and Tenant meet the 'War Doctor' and really looking forward to seeing more of The Time War in the 50th anniversary special. Would love it if they could work in a Hurt/Ecclestone regeneration somehow (bearing in mind the ninth doctor never saw his own face until Rose)
Old 15th November 2013, 06:57 AM
Cult Addict

I actualy ignore the 'oh look new face' thing from Rose. The photos and Newspaper articles shown in the same issue show he had been in that incarnation for a while. Just a minor plot hole but i agree that Eccleston should appear for a few moments just to tie it all together.

It was certainly better than The End of Time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.7 KB, 4 views)

DVD and BD collection
Old 16th November 2013, 12:24 AM
Cult Master

Updated:

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Television Schedule:

Greatest Monsters & Villains Weekend

15 November at 7.05pm on BBC3
16 November at 8pm on BBC3
17 November at 7.30pm on BBC3

Part 1 – A countdown of the show’s ten most popular antagonists as voted for by viewers, to mark the 50th anniversary of the long-running BBC sci-fi drama. The Time Lord has been confronted by many enemies during his adventures, including Cybermen, Daleks and Zygons, and this programme aims to shed light on why some of these creatures still inspire awe in members of the public. The first of three compilations looks at the monsters and villains in places 10 to seven, which make an appearance in four back-to-back Doctor Who episodes. Presented by Joel Dommett.

Part 2 – With the long-anticipated 50th anniversary now just a week away, the countdown of the sci-fi show’s 10 most popular antagonists continues. Monsters from the classic era line up alongside aliens and ne’er-do-wells from 2005 onwards as comedian Joel Dommett reveals which of the Doctor’s many nemeses have been ranked six to four in the public vote.

Part 3 – The countdown draws to a close as comedian Joel Dommett reveals which of the show’s impressive roster of enemies have been voted the top three. Among the villains expected to place highly on the list are the ancient Earth-dwelling Silurians, the legions of the Ood and the memory-bending assassins the Silence, along with the cold, calculating Cybermen, the hateful mutant Daleks and the Master, the Doctor’s nihilistic Time Lord nemesis.

Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide

18 November at 8pm on BBC3

Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman celebrate the 50th anniversary of the space-travelling Time Lord and take an in-depth look at of one of the most intriguing fictional characters of all time.

With the 50th anniversary episode, The Day of the Doctor, about to hit our screens there’s a look at all 11 incarnations of the Doctor and their most famous scenes and storylines, an exploration of the many sides to the Doctor and asking what is he really like. Plus, a look at The Doctor’s many travelling companions and adversaries over the years and how they all contribute to creating the longest running sci-fi show of all time.

Featuring David Tennant, Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Noel Clarke, Rick Edwards, Konnie Huq, McFly, Joel Dommett and many more, it’s the best preparation possible for the 50th anniversary episode.

Doctor Who: Blue Peter Special / Doctor Who: Blue Peter Party

Blue Peter Special – 21 November 2013 at 5.30pm on CBBC
Blue Peter Party - 23 November at 9.30am on CBBC

CBBC is celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who with the launch of an exciting new Blue Peter Doctor Who competition and two live Blue Peter specials; a must see for all young Doctor Who fans.

In an exclusive competition, Blue Peter viewers aged between six and 15 will be asked to design new sonic devices for Sontaran Commander Strax, Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint. Their gadgets will feature in the iconic science fiction series. The winner will get the unique opportunity to see their gadget in action on the set of Doctor Who.

On Thursday 21 November and Saturday 23 November, Barney, Lindsey and Radzi will be joined by aliens and monsters in the studio and the audience will be able to design their very own alien live on air.

Blue Peter viewers will have their questions answered by Matt Smith; they will be able to get ready for the 50th anniversary show by making their very own cushion (to hide behind); and we’ll help them to host a Doctor Who party by showing them how to make Dalek cupcakes.

An Adventure in Space and Time

21 November at 9pm on BBC2

This special one-off drama travels back in time to 1963 to see how the beloved Doctor Who was first brought to the screen.

Actor William Hartnell felt trapped by a succession of hard-man roles. Wannabe producer Verity Lambert was frustrated by the TV industry’s glass ceiling. Both of them were to find unlikely hope and unexpected challenges in the form of a Saturday tea-time drama, time travel and monsters!

Allied with a team of brilliant people, they went on to create the longest-running science fiction series ever, now celebrating its 50th anniversary.

An Unearthly Child (Restored)

21 November from 10.30pm on BBC4

BBC Four will introduce audiences to the first Doctor, William Hartnell, with a special re-run of the first-ever story, which marked the start of 50 years of history. The four episodes are being shown in a restored format, not previously broadcast in the UK.

Two teachers investigating the strange behaviour of a pupil find themselves in a junk yard, where they meet her grandfather and force their way inside a police box – with frightening results.

The Culture Show: Me, You And Doctor Who

22 November at 9.30pm on BBC2

Lifelong fan Matthew Sweet explores the cultural significance of the BBC’s longest running TV drama, arguing that it’s one of the most important cultural artefacts of modern Britain. Put simply, Doctor Who matters. He’ll examine how the show has become a cultural force in its own right and tell the stories of some of the unsung cultural heroes, who pioneered its innovative music, design and storytelling.

The Graham Norton Show

22 November at 10.35pm on BBC1

Matt Smith and David Tennant will both be joining Graham Norton on his TV chat show. Emma Thompson, Jimmy Carr and Robbie Williams are also guests.

12 Again: Doctor Who Special

23 November at 2.30pm on CBBC

Super fans join cast members past and present to share their memories of watching TV’s top Time Lord when they were young. Who was their Doctor when they were a kid? Which aliens had them hiding behind the sofa?

Featuring CBBC’s super fan Chris Johnson, impressionist Jon Culshaw, Tommy Knight (Luke Smith), Warwick Davis (Porridge), Neve McIntosh (Madame Vastra), Dan Starkey (Strax) Louise Jameson (Leela) and the Seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy.

We’ll find out about the Doctor himself, the TARDIS and the famous theme tune as we travel back to a different dimension with our celebrities as they become 12 Again.

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor

23 November at 7.50pm on BBC1

The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th anniversary special.

In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.

Doctor Who Live: The Afterparty

23 November at 9.05pm on BBC3

Live from London’s Southbank, Zoe Ball and Rick Edwards will get the afterparty started on BBC Three, as they are joined by Matt Smith and guests to discuss the Doctor’s most epic adventure yet.

As soon as titles roll on BBC One’s The Day Of The Doctor, viewers can join the current Doctor himself, as well as a host of previous Doctors and their time-travelling companions in the ultimate celebration of 50 years of Doctor Who on BBC Three.

As well as all the gossip on the The Day Of The Doctor, there will be exclusive interviews, show-stopping monster moments and fans around the world will be giving their reaction, as they showcase how they are celebrating the special anniversary.

One Direction will also be joining the party as they gate-crash the show live from LA to wish the Doctor a happy birthday.

50th Anniversary BBC TV Programmes Line-Up | Doctor Who TV

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th November 2013, 12:56 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

There was also a load of Doctor Who stuff on Watch today. Seemed to have documentaries on each Doctor and also showed Vengeance on Varos.
Old 16th November 2013, 06:55 AM
Cult Addict

Pity i'm so busy at the moment, wont have the chance to watch half of this stuff! What are the chances they will all be on the DotD DVD/ BD?

DVD and BD collection
Old 16th November 2013, 07:48 AM
Cult Master

'Doctor Who': 'The Day of the Doctor' clip from Children in Need

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th November 2013, 10:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
Prequel to the Day of the Doctor:

Absolutely great, not only since it refers to an old Tom Baker 4-parter (The Brain of Morbius), which I had seen not too long ago, it also features... ahh, see for yourself
Looked like a lift from The Ghoul (75) at the end, mayhaps??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th November 2013, 11:21 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Looked like a lift from The Ghoul (75) at the end, mayhaps??
I've been looking at the leader of the Sisterhood, trying to place who it is. Then it just clicked: Julia (Clare Higgens) from the first two Hellraiser films!
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!