Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Oh all these worries about who the next Doctor might be gave me the creeps when it was due, but so far all changes were working well for me. OK, as I only had seen quite a few of the #4 (Tom Baker) episodes before I got into the new version, it had not been a big problem and I even liked the concept as I found it unique. The change from Eccleston to Tennant was quite easy as I quickly became a big fan of David and so I dreaded the change quite a bit, but Matt Smith already had me quickly onto his side by the time he ate the fish fingers with custard inb his pilot episode. So it was hard again, when he was changing and it took me a bit longer to get onto Peter's side, but once I noticed that he may be the best of the new Who players as he can put stuff from all older Docs into his acting, I am once again hoping for him to keep up the role a bit and dread that change again, especially with all the rumours, which I hope we can all laugh about one day as they were unfonded. So for me, I hope the Doc stays male and the makers do not try to fiddle about with the aimed at audience - Class showed me that I am not good for young adult stuff and if I want a Kid's show, I don't really know...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 2nd January 2017, 02:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm guessing Capaldi must be staying on for series 11 which will air spring 2018.

Chris Chibnall will have to know who his Doctor will be by now as he must be prepping scripts for filming which will begin late summer. I'm guessing they'll finish off this series then film the 2017 Christmas special then following a few months off will have to begin filming for next spring... unless of course the moment has been prepared for and we just don't know about it yet.
Old 2nd January 2017, 02:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Christmas Special 7 day viewing figures have emerged and it had 7.83m.

Better than last years 7.69m.
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:11 AM
Cult Master

Although 'The Return Of Doctor Mysterio' was entertaining, I thought it suffered from the same problem that Tim Burton's original 'Batman' film did - the title character was left in the background too much, and the programme concentrated more on the secondary cast - The Ghost in the 'Doctor Who' one and the Joker in the 'Batman' one

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd January 2017, 06:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Whoniverse might be the best book i have on Doctor Who. Starting with it's beautiful foamy cover and lots of stunning illustrations.

Every single page is a feast for the eyes. Check out the Daemon and Terileptil below.
Received today Dem. You weren't kidding. Jaw dropping.
Old 3rd January 2017, 06:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Received today Dem. You weren't kidding. Jaw dropping.
Glad you like it, tele.

I'm about half way through it. It basically discusses every adventure in a universal time line of sorts.
tele1962 likes this.
Old 4th January 2017, 11:29 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

There seems to be chatter on the web about The Exploding Planet (Galaxy 4, episode 4) being found.

However it's probably just nonsense.
Old 4th January 2017, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cough. Liked the Xmas episode. The word undemanding sprung to mind whilst watching it.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th January 2017, 12:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

All this positive chatter about that Whoniverse book made me order it, but am I happy about that? I don't know, space and time are the problem here, where do I put it and when can I read it? Thank you for adding to my problems

Happy 2017!
Old 6th January 2017, 08:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

The rumour that 2 Hartnell episodes have been found keeps on spinning and now Paul Vanezis, missing episodes guru and master of wordplay, has issued a "denial" on Gallifrey Base that seems like confirmation (he's notorious for denying the Web/Enemy find in 2013 by saying that "all of Web has not been found"... which was technically true, of course ).
Get your party hats ready, people!
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!